Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 03:37:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1695789
  • Total Topics: 118719
  • Online Today: 366
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: AAR: Attack on Obenfel  (Read 2111 times)

Offline telemachus

• Assistant
AAR: Attack on Obenfel
« on: December 12, 2010, 09:07:46 PM »
I played out a battle with my eldest son yesterday. Its the first time he's played with any of my painted miniatures and he was like a child in a sweet shop.

I managed to steer him away from adding a battalion of modern British armour and instead we played a straightforward attack on a village.

Needless to say the little bugger won, at one point he rolled 12 5&6's in succession....

I was defending, he attacked straight up the middle and won in 7 turns....

The start of the battle. The defender has (L to R) a rocket battery, a regular infantry regiment, a milita infantry regiment, an elite infantry regiment and a cannon.

The attacker (also L to R) has a small cavalry unit, a regular infantry regiment with a cannon behind, a small unit of Ogre mercenaries, another regular infantry regiment in reserve, another cannon and then another regular infantry regiment.

The attackers advance. A lot of artillery fire and a few arrows from the skirmishers inflict a few casulaties before the attackers cannon on the right misfires and explodes.

The attackers close with the Ogres charging into the Milita unit. Although the ogres are wiped out eventually the Milita flee and the attackers reserve infantry regiment slices the defenders in two forcing morale tests that rout the defenders leaving the field, 2 artillery pieces and 30 prisoners in the attackers hands.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 11:00:02 AM by telemachus »

Offline Mad Doc Morris

• Mastermind
  • Olympus speaketh?
Re: AAR: Attack on Obenfel
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 09:15:51 PM »
Looks like a very neat collection, both figures and terrain. Any word on the flow of battle?

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 09:23:25 PM »
Modern armour? That would have been interesting...  lol
Good to see people training the next generation of nerds to replace us once we're gone...  ;)
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 09:34:09 PM »
 That happens when you le the kids play.That is they tend to win.

Nice set-up you have there too.

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 09:55:41 PM »
Brilliant setup - unfortunately a two year old labrador and an 8 month old daughter prevent me from doing something similar!   lol

Shame my eldest is only 2 - shouldn't really wish he'd grow up quicker but this kind of thing doesn't help!  ;D

No modern armour - could you not have at least run to the odd steam tank here and there?  ;)

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 10:34:03 PM »
Needless to say the little bugger won, at one point he rolled 12 5&6's in succession....

Mine does the same thing! How do they do it? If only there was a way to harness that power... ::)

Are those LEGOs held in reserve next to him? That would also be a familiar touch!

Offline telemachus

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 11:06:07 AM »
Thanks for the comments  :)

I've added a bit more info to the initial post. We should fight part two within the next couple of weeks and I will post the results here.

Are those LEGOs held in reserve next to him? That would also be a familiar touch!

Good spot. We negotiated away from 1:144 scale Challengers, through Lego starwars AT-AT until we agreed he could have some Ogres. I think he was looking for an opportunity to add the Lego in the picture when I wasn't looking. As it was I returned from a toilet break to find one of my units mysteriously facing the wrong way with him protesting his innocence......

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 12:20:06 PM »
As it was I returned from a toilet break to find one of my units mysteriously facing the wrong way with him protesting his innocence......
:D Nice looking setup, btw.
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se