Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:41:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Mad Russians & Others  (Read 1686 times)

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
Mad Russians & Others
« on: December 16, 2010, 09:36:06 AM »
Just realized that while I put these guys up in the "What I Painted In..." forum, they haven't had a proper outing in Pulp. So here you go!

November 2010's Painting by WireLizard, on Flickr

Pulp Figures "Count Casimir's Trans-Siberian Renegades" at the top; among my favourite Pulp Figs pack ever (which is saying something). All five are great; I figure Count Casimir is some sort of deranged White Russian leftover, rampaging around the world attempting to resurrect Czarist Russia as soon as possible! He's accompanied by the burly ex-sailor Yuri, the scheming Col. Plotnikov, his Countess Ludmilla, as mad as he is but less flamboyant (except for her passion for hawking) and his driven, beautiful niece Natasha, most dangerous swordswoman in Europe.

Sometime in 2011 the Count will get some more hencemen - either actual White Russian troops from Copplestone, or Cossacks from somewhere else.

Below the Russians, Pulp Figures Street Cops - finally, some actual uniformed police to oppose my gangsters. Really nice figures, lots of character and animation. Pity they're both outnumbered and wildly outgunned...

... for starters, by the Pulp Figures "Guns for Hire". Great figures again, pretty generic mobster types but no complaints.

Last, and unfortunately least, is five Blue Moon Gangsters. Meh. The proportions are odd (check out the 7+ foot dude in blue...), the sculpting is uninspired, and the casting is mediocre - one of these guys has a mold-line right across his face so he basically has two noses. Feet vary wildly from "clown shoe" to "round bumps on the ends of their legs"... Pretty sure I won't be spending any more money on Blue Moon gangsters. There's still another six or seven of these guys cluttering my lead mountain, too. Anyone need fishing weights?

Offline magokiron

• Mastermind
Re: Mad Russians & Others
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 03:25:24 PM »
Brilliant work with your PULP MINIATURES!

I really liked your mad Russians (and cops, and gangsters). Lots of character for pulp adventures.

Mmmm, I really need to make an order, but right now my wallet won't allow it  :'(

Thanks for sharing, and I hope to see more of your great painted minis in the future.

Best wishes.
I know you're too old to play with toy soldiers. So give them to me... NOW!

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
Re: Mad Russians & Others
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 03:31:53 PM »
Pity they're both outnumbered and wildly outgunned...

Then you need to buy Bob's newer pack: PGJ 17 - Police Special Weapons, .30 HMG, BAR and sniper rifle................
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'