Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:33:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: "The Fight for Ward's Crossing". Sharp Practice battle report- Full report...  (Read 28852 times)

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: "The Fight for Ward's Crossing". Sharp Practice battle report- Parts 1 & 2.
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2011, 10:16:49 PM »
Very nice Nick. Lovely terrain and miniatures.

Cheers,

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Mancha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Hinterland Miniatures
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2011, 10:35:13 PM »
Gorgeous.

Offline Bugsda

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2011, 02:10:46 AM »
Brilliant!  :-* Those Texians look like they need reinforcing, I'll get some new recruits on the march later in the week  8)
Well I've lead an evil life, so they say, but I'll outrun the Devil on judgement day.

Offline Barry S

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
    • http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/LeadBear/
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2011, 02:25:03 AM »
Great report. The table and miniatures look brilliant  :-* :-* :-*

Thanks for posting. I'm in the process of reading the Sharp Practice rules.
Barry

http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/LeadBear/

Offline hohlinger

• Bookworm
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2011, 07:26:37 AM »
Wonderful terrain and article  :-* :-* :-*

More of that please!!!  ;D

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2011, 07:30:03 AM »
So is the a supplament for the Texas war from "Sharps practice" of did you mod it your self?
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2011, 08:26:36 AM »
No supplement available for Sharp Practice.To be honest we haven't changed that much, just a few tweeks courtesy of Silent Invader.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2011, 08:27:56 AM »
LOL. ok I would be intrested to see any thing you guys come up with in the futer  :D

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2011, 09:21:46 AM »
Scenario 3

The sun was sinking low in the sky with both sides unable to dislodge the other from the town when much needed Texian aid arrived from the north. ( The table had been reset to include more town buildings as the action had moved northwards up the table)

The Texians dragged the "Come and take it" Cannon into the plaza erecting a hasty barricade to protect it, whilst Texian cavalry cautiously advanced to the west.

To the dismay of the Texians, Mexican reinforcements arrived to the south. Another infantry unit charged across the bridge along with a 6pdr gun. The Presidial cavalry can also be seen in the distance having regrouped by the ford.

Also at this time the infamous Capitan Ricardo Blood arrived with his crack Cazadore unit. They can be seen already moving up to support the beleagured Capitan Morelo in the thatched Jacale.

So the final battle commenced. The Mexicans were slow to advance under a withering bombardment from the Gonzales gun and combined Texian musketry.

The Mexican cannon crew quickly fell and the gun was rendered useless due to to sniping fire from the expert Texian riflemen lining the rooftops.

The battle raged on with the Mexican Presidial cavalry attempting another charge this time against the Texian cavalry. Unfortunately their luck had run out and they were forced to retire, much depleted in numbers they took to fighting on foot.

Mexican weight of numbers was beginning to show as they gradually moved from building to building forcing the Texians to retire. As the Cazadores advanced on the largest of the adobe buildings the Texians launched a cavalry charge.

Unfortunately the charge faltered and the cavalrymen met their end at the hands of Capitan Blood and his Cazadores. The surviving Texian cavalrymen fled the scene. Blood's men entered the house and quickly climbed onto the roof. A furious sniping match began between Cazadore sniper Gregorio Mendoza and a coonskin cap wearing Texian rifleman.

The Texian came off worse, his lifeless body fell from the roof of the tallest building along with his commanding officer. By this stage the Texians had a had enough and started to withdraw from the field abandoning their precious gun. As it was now dark the Mexicans decided to call it a day and not follow the fleeing Texians their mission completed by securing the town.

Offline Christian

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ... standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • INCLTVS REX - Late Antique wargames blog
I dream of such games.

Good job!

Offline timg

• Scientist
Re scenario three, first pic. Is that a cat on the chair or a Davey Crockett hat? Any chance of a tutorial on building Jacalles one day?

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re scenario three, first pic. Is that a cat on the chair or a Davey Crockett hat? Any chance of a tutorial on building Jacalles one day?

Its a Davy Crockett Coonskin cap :D

Jimbibbly was sporting it at various times during the day. The image it created was not pleasant, so mercifully we have spared you a photographic record ;)

Yep I can do a Jacale tutorial. I need to make some burned out ones too. :)

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
I once painted a couple hundred 40mm Alamo and several hundred 28mm Mexican-American War figures within a few months time. The result was me swearing I would never paint another figure for the period. I am now looking at my current projects and wondering when I can sneak this one in.  o_o

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Fantastic stuff Nick!! :o Reminds me how disappointed I was to have missed playing your game at BLAM.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Jimbibbly was sporting it at various times during the day. The image it created was not pleasant, so mercifully we have spared you a photographic record ;)

I thought I looked quite dashing  ;D

Great days gaming  :D Thanks again for hosting  8)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/