Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:40:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691076
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 841
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 04/25/24 Mushroom & Mini-Me Mushroom Done!  (Read 1168902 times)

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
And the critic is an 8 foot troll who went to university to study journalism and did a stint in the Badlands covering the halfling-rabbit wars (the horrors, the horrors!).

So the confrontation will be one to behold.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
And the critic is an 8 foot troll who went to university to study journalism and did a stint in the Badlands covering the halfling-rabbit wars (the horrors, the horrors!).

So the confrontation will be one to behold.

Now THAT has the makings of an interesting story. One of the Stone Haven Trolls would work in an OUTSTANDING fashion. You're a Man after my own heart, von Lucky!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog

lol  lol  lol  lol

I'd imagine a large notepad and pockets stuffed with books like an Ogier from Wheel of Time  8)

Offline kaiser

• Scientist
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 10/8/15:The Blessed Order of the Gooey Death
« Reply #2868 on: October 10, 2015, 10:27:34 AM »
You have such an interesting take on color combinations, very unique. I'm pretty sure I'd be able to identify you as the painter of a model, because your style is so characteristic.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
lol  lol  lol  lol

I'd imagine a large notepad and pockets stuffed with books like an Ogier from Wheel of Time  8)

I like that. It would be an interesting model to make/kit-bash/whatever.

You have such an interesting take on color combinations, very unique. I'm pretty sure I'd be able to identify you as the painter of a model, because your style is so characteristic.

Thanks for the reply, kaiser. I have settle into a certain pattern with my pieces that could be called a "style" by polite Folk like yourself.

Offline Thew1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Librarian
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 10/8/15:The Blessed Order of the Gooey Death
« Reply #2870 on: October 10, 2015, 07:35:10 PM »
 :-* Brilliant stuff as usual Deafnala. Your painting and photographing output put me to shame sir! Always look forward to new posts on this thread. They never disappoint.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2871 on: October 10, 2015, 09:19:53 PM »
:-* Brilliant stuff as usual Deafnala. Your painting and photographing output put me to shame sir! Always look forward to new posts on this thread. They never disappoint.

Thanks, Thew! I'm happy you like the stuff. I'm not as fast as I used to be, but I can put in more time. SO it balances out.
I started on the Knights today; we'll see how long it takes to get the Order wrapped up...there's always a distraction factor involved.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 10/2/15:The Knights of the Gooey Death DONE!
« Reply #2872 on: October 26, 2015, 12:58:01 AM »
OH HAPPY DAYS! The Knights of the Blessed Order of the Gooey Death are FINALLY DONE! AND, without further ado, here they are:

The Knights with the Pistoleers in support:

As WONDERFUL as the miniature are & as enjoyable as they were to paint, it is a GLORIOUS feeling of release having them done.

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Bloomin' lurvely.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 10/2/15:The Knights of the Gooey Death DONE!
« Reply #2874 on: October 26, 2015, 08:10:53 AM »
They look fantastic! :-*

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Bloomin' lurvely.

Thanks, von Lucky...glad you like them.

They look fantastic! :-*

Thanks, W.K.! You were the Guy I was hoping to impress. Thanks again for some FANTASTIC miniatures!

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #2876 on: October 26, 2015, 03:44:12 PM »
Brilliant bunch of 'ard but fashy buggers!

Also, lovely clear and bright photos.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2877 on: October 26, 2015, 03:57:46 PM »
Brilliant bunch of 'ard but flashy buggers!

Also, lovely clear and bright photos.

Thanks, Fram. I'm glad you like the Guys. The last couple of photo shoots have benefited from finding a couple of new settings for the camera...the lighting selection worked wonders. Of course, The Camera is still possessed & hates me, but the new setting help.

Offline airbornegrove26

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2878 on: October 27, 2015, 04:30:03 PM »
The Knights of Gooey Death look most excellent!    :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2879 on: October 27, 2015, 06:14:01 PM »
The Knights of Gooey Death look most excellent!    :-* :-* :-* :-*

Thanks for the reply, airbornegrove! I'm glad you like them AND  the motivation is appreciated.