Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:36:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 04/25/24 Mushroom & Mini-Me Mushroom Done!  (Read 1168021 times)

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 02/13/17 Last of the Pumpkin Heads
« Reply #4185 on: February 14, 2017, 02:40:25 PM »
Von Kurst's dog looks brilliant. Scary, but brilliant!

Oh and the Witch's hunters fit right in with the board; it's really fantastic to see your worlds populated!
''Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.'' -Wyrmalla (2015)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #4186 on: February 14, 2017, 04:30:12 PM »
Von Kurst's dog looks brilliant. Scary, but brilliant!

Oh and the Witch's hunters fit right in with the board; it's really fantastic to see your worlds populated!

Thanks for the reply, LordOdo. I appreciate your support, AND I'm delighted you like the stuff.
I just finished the second Hound...photos a little later.

Populating the boards is where it was all leading to...now the real fun begins!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline warlord frod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4187 on: February 14, 2017, 05:14:52 PM »
DeafNala you never cease to amaze me. :o :o  I love the fantasy setting you are creating and as much as I want to see it when it is completed it will be a sad day when it is. Because, when it is completed we will not get regular tours and introductions to its curious citizens any more. Please never stop building.  :D :D

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #4188 on: February 14, 2017, 05:41:41 PM »
...it is later. SO here is the second of Von Kurst's Hounds:

...the Pumpkin Head Shaman has been promoted to the exalted position of Master of the Hounds...his Bone of Contention came into play here:

...AND the whole Von Kurst Gang:

...there you have them. Some artsy photos I'm sure will show up when I get back from the audiologist...maybe.
The Gypsy Hench Persons will be next.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #4189 on: February 14, 2017, 05:53:26 PM »
SO here is the second of Von Kurst's Hounds:

People use to paint black fur with strong grey (or even white) drybrushing, so much that it ends up looking weird. They usually don't realize that, in miniature painting, white is not white and black is not black. DeafNala, your hounds look very menacing and natural, perfect work on the fur to say the least!  ;)

BTW: My witchy girlfriend send regards, said she loves your pumpkins in the most Adelic way!  lol
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 05:56:53 PM by dinohunterpoa »
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #4190 on: February 14, 2017, 06:04:51 PM »
People use to paint black fur with strong grey (or even white) drybrushing, so much that it ends up looking weird. They usually don't realize that, in miniature painting, white is not white and black is not black. DeafNala, your hounds look very menacing and natural, perfect work on the fur to say the least!  ;)

BTW: My witchy girlfriend send regards, said she loves your pumpkins in the most Adelic way!  lol

Thanks as always for the kind reply, dino! I'm delighted that you AND you Love like the Crew. I have to get your Girl a couple of the Pumpkin Heads.
I have a formula for black: I dry brush charcoal over my white on black base coat. Then I do a black wash. AND finally a dry brush highlight of the charcoal (dark brownish grey).

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #4191 on: February 14, 2017, 06:28:39 PM »
Thanks as always for the kind reply, dino! I'm delighted that you AND you Love like the Crew. I have to get your Girl a couple of the Pumpkin Heads.

DeafNala, thank you so much, but please don't! In my game group's Enchanted Forest Adventures my girlfriend plays with a coven of witches (obviously), frequently flying in brooms and throwing explosive pumpkins to the the poor villagers below... Now, shameless stolen your ideas inspired by your work, in our last game a few days ago some of the pumpkins actually blew into weirdly-menacing pumpkimheads blunderbuss-wielding warriors... So that the helpless villagers just hate you, my friend!  lol (still only got 4 of them (converted WW GHS0001 Pumpkin Headed Killer Scarecrows, still unpainted), but I see their number increasing in the near future, OMG! Pictures will follow soon.)  :D

I have a formula for black: I dry brush charcoal over my white on black base coat. Then I do a black wash. AND finally a dry brush highlight of the charcoal (dark brownish grey).

I use almost the same formula for black, but in black fur I add a final highlight of dark blue (midnight blue)... and it works! ;)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 02/14/17 The Von Kurst Gang Complete
« Reply #4192 on: February 14, 2017, 07:25:58 PM »
What a load of fantabulous goodness!  :D

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 02/14/17 The Von Kurst Gang Complete
« Reply #4193 on: February 14, 2017, 11:42:37 PM »
Really cool ! What I like to do, is to ignore this topic during a few week, or a month, and then come back to have a big suprise seeing the new things you built or painted ! and then, I go back on the pages to see the previous work in progress !

One of my favorite topic on LAF !

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #4194 on: February 15, 2017, 01:44:09 AM »
DeafNala you never cease to amaze me. :o :o  I love the fantasy setting you are creating and as much as I want to see it when it is completed it will be a sad day when it is. Because, when it is completed we will not get regular tours and introductions to its curious citizens any more. Please never stop building.  :D :D

Thanks for the upbeat response, warlord frod...sorry I'm late replying. There will be sections that will reach completion, but I can't see any end in sight to new things developing. I will keep it going as long as my heart continues to beat, & you can take that to the bank. I really am happy you enjoy it all.

What a load of fantabulous goodness!  :D

Thanks for the reply AND a new word, Fram. You are very good for my morale.

Really cool ! What I like to do, is to ignore this topic during a few week, or a month, and then come back to have a big suprise seeing the new things you built or painted ! and then, I go back on the pages to see the previous work in progress !

One of my favorite topic on LAF !

Thanks for the kind reply, sundayhero! I like that approach to the thread. A Fellow on another Forum can only stop by periodically, & he seems to like the catching up process as well. As long as you enjoy it, I'm happy...saying you do is a bonus for me.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #4195 on: February 15, 2017, 02:06:25 AM »
I will keep it going as long as my heart continues to beat, & you can take that to the bank.

DeafNala, don't worry, mate; my girlfriend is a part time necromancer, so you'll be able to have fun and keep doing that AMAZING work of yours for many centuries to come!  ;)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #4196 on: February 15, 2017, 03:08:12 AM »
DeafNala, don't worry, mate; my girlfriend is a part time necromancer, so you'll be able to have fun and keep doing that AMAZING work of yours for many centuries to come!  ;)

Thanks, dino! All contributions to The Cause are gratefully accepted.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #4197 on: February 15, 2017, 03:18:47 AM »
Thanks, dino! All contributions to The Cause are gratefully accepted.

We're together! ;) 

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 02/14/17 Gypsy Hench Person #01
« Reply #4198 on: February 17, 2017, 09:14:44 PM »
After a prolonged stare, I finished the first of the Gypsy Hench Persons. No Gypsy Band worth it's Gold Earrings can be without a Violin & someone to play it:

...seen with The Blind Seer, The Chief, & The Music Critic:

...the Gypsies are part of West Wind's Vampire Wars range.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 02/14/17 Gypsy Hench Person #01
« Reply #4199 on: February 18, 2017, 12:54:39 AM »

DeafNala, great choice of models (I'm a sucker for WWVW miniatures anyway) and flawless execution, WELL DONE!

But... now you MUST get a varda for them!  lol lol lol lol lol