Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:45:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 04/25/24 Mushroom & Mini-Me Mushroom Done!  (Read 1167482 times)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 11/24/17 Spooky Trees...DONE!
« Reply #4965 on: November 24, 2017, 08:11:51 PM »
I’ve been hanging off this question but the time has come:

How much space is this taking up now?

I'm not sure. The Witches' boards (three 2' X 2') & Heep's Place (1' X 2 ') are being stored on a 2' X 8' table with the Spooky Woods board on a separate table in the spare room.  I have the Twisted Tower, The Blight, & the photo stages on the work table(s). The miniatures are in wall hung display cases, storage boxes, & a couple of shelves in the other room's display case. Is that what you wanted to know?
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Roo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4966 on: November 24, 2017, 08:16:43 PM »
Sumptuous!  How do you that lovely grass?

Offline Roo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4967 on: November 24, 2017, 08:18:27 PM »
Sumptuous!  How do you that lovely grass?

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #4968 on: November 24, 2017, 08:23:34 PM »
Sumptuous!  How do you that lovely grass?

Thanks, Roo. I am happy you like the stuff.
The grass is tufts form Scene Scapes, Silflor MiniNatur, & Heki. I just glue them down & do a dry brush after the matte spray dries.
Most all my scenic materials are from Scenic Express:

http://www.sceneryexpress.com/default.asp

Offline Roo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4969 on: November 24, 2017, 08:57:38 PM »
Cheers.  These are some of your best work love them!  Keep on posting.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #4970 on: November 24, 2017, 09:06:24 PM »
Cheers.  These are some of your best work love them!  Keep on posting.

Thanks again, Roo! I promise I will keep adding to the project.

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4971 on: November 24, 2017, 09:25:39 PM »
When I read done in the title I thought for a terrifying moment you meant the thread was done.

Don’t scare us like that.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #4972 on: November 24, 2017, 09:34:42 PM »
When I read done in the title I thought for a terrifying moment you meant the thread was done.

Don’t scare us like that.

I checked my pulse. Things still seem to be pumping away in there. SO I am still in business.
Actually only these Three Trees are done. There also will be more disturbing Trees coming your way.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #4973 on: November 24, 2017, 09:51:11 PM »
I remember when a little girl was eaten by an evil Teddy Bear, and she was then held prisoner in a spooky and dark forest full of dark and spooky trees like these!  :o

"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #4974 on: November 24, 2017, 10:13:13 PM »
I remember when a little girl was eaten by an evil Teddy Bear, and she was then held prisoner in a spooky and dark forest full of dark and spooky trees like these!  :o

That is a good start to a nightmare inducing fairy tale...just the type of thing for my stuff.
Evil Teddy Bears have such a horrible time digesting Little Girls.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #4975 on: November 24, 2017, 10:44:20 PM »
That is a good start to a nightmare inducing fairy tale...just the type of thing for my stuff.
Evil Teddy Bears have such a horrible time digesting Little Girls.

When little Amanda disappeared from her bedroom, her mother - called Mrs. Darling, of course - asked her friend the local librarian for help, and she in her turn called his friend, Mr. Lupescu, the Consulting Detective. He went to the Darlings house, sniffed around a bit, and asked the distressed couple to leave for the weekend. Once alone, he helped himself with some beer from the refrigerator, ordered some pizza, and spent most of the night on the sofa in front of the TV, watching his favourite series on Netflix.  

In the darkest hour of the night Lupescu tuned the TV off and climbed the stairs to the little girl's bedroom. There he took his clothes off and waited in the dark. But not for long.

"I knew you were about to come back", he said when Teddy came from the shadows.

"How did you find out I've eaten young and delicious little Amanda?", asked the bear, curious as all the bears are, specially the toy ones.  

"I've scented her blood in the air when Mrs. Darling showed me around the house, then I've seen the little trickle of blood in the corner of the seemingly harmless teddy bear's mouth on the bed with the other toys", said Lupescu already turning into a big and bad werewolf.

And he eviscerated the bear with a swift move, then jumped inside it and found little Amanda chained to a dark and spooky tree in the dark forest full of spooky trees inside the darkness within the toy bear...

After the ending of this story, the years went by and Amanda grew up into a beautiful young woman that hated bears and loved wolves, exactly as beautiful young women are meant to do.

;)

« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 11:26:44 PM by dinohunterpoa »

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
« Reply #4976 on: November 24, 2017, 11:39:42 PM »
Your trees are just fantastic :-* :-* Always a pleasure to check into your project.  The imagination and your choice of colors always pleases!
LB
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #4977 on: November 24, 2017, 11:43:34 PM »
When little Amanda disappeared from her bedroom, her mother - called Mrs. Darling, of course - asked her friend the local librarian for help, and she in her turn called his friend, Mr. Lupescu, the Consulting Detective. He went to the Darlings house, sniffed around a bit, and asked the distressed couple to leave for the weekend. Once alone, he helped himself with some beer from the refrigerator, ordered some pizza, and spent most of the night on the sofa in front of the TV, watching his favourite series on Netflix. 

In the darkest hour of the night Lupescu tuned the TV off and climbed the stairs to the little girl's bedroom. There he took his clothes off and waited in the dark. But not for long.

"I knew you were about to come back", he said when Teddy came from the shadows.

"How did you find out I've eaten young and delicious little Amanda?", asked the bear, curious as all the bears are, specially the toy ones.   

"I've scented her blood in the air when Mrs. Darling showed me around the house, then I've seen the little trickle of blood in the corner of the seemingly harmless teddy bear's mouth on the bed with the other toys", said Lupescu already turning into a big and bad werewolf.

And he eviscerated the bear with a swift move, then jumped inside it and found little Amanda chained to a dark and spooky tree in the dark forest full of spooky trees inside the darkness within the toy bear...

After the ending of this story, the years went by and Amanda grew up into a beautiful young woman that hated bears and loved wolves, exactly as beautiful young women are meant to do.

;)

BRAVO, a SPLENDID Tale! VERY WELL DONE, Dino!

Your trees are just fantastic :-* :-* Always a pleasure to check into your project.  The imagination and your choice of colors always pleases!
LB

Thanks for the reply, LB! I am glad you are enjoying the stuff...especially the colors.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #4978 on: November 25, 2017, 12:02:12 AM »
BRAVO, a SPLENDID Tale! VERY WELL DONE, Dino!

Thank YOU, DeafNala, for the inspiration and kind words!

This tale is an old RPG adventure from the good old days... Amanda is indeed a very beautiful woman now in her 30s, and she still loves wolves! ;)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #4979 on: November 25, 2017, 12:43:47 AM »
Thank YOU, DeafNala, for the inspiration and kind words!

This tale is an old RPG adventure from the good old days... Amanda is indeed a very beautiful woman now in her 30s, and she still loves wolves! ;)

My pleasure to contribute., dino.