Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:34:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 04/14/24 Stage update & stuff!  (Read 1160020 times)

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 9/09/13: Some Small Progress
« Reply #1305 on: September 10, 2013, 03:18:51 PM »
Wholeheartedly agree with Fram here! Those bridges and board walks will make for some fantastic gaming. And as always you to your usual high standard with good strong and vibrant colours.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1306 on: September 10, 2013, 04:00:43 PM »
Thanks for the kind reply, dijit! I sometimes think I'm bucking the trend toward subtle colors, but vibrant shades is how I view fantasy. I'm delighted you enjoy the effect.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #1307 on: September 11, 2013, 06:15:13 AM »
I can't say it enough times.  I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread from the beginning.  It is nice to see a wargame project exude so much joy for the maker and the viewer. 

To me this has a very Jim Henson meets Pink Floyd vibe.  Cool. 
This is my boomstick!

Offline CyberAlien312

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #1308 on: September 11, 2013, 08:12:49 AM »
I can't say it enough times.  I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread from the beginning. 
I completely agree. I have been thinking about doing something similar, but then it wouldn't be original anymore. I envy your inspiration and skills, DeafNala! I hope this project will continue for a very long time.  :)
\\\"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon \\\'em.\\\"

-William Shakespeare

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1309 on: September 11, 2013, 03:10:12 PM »
Thanks again for your kind comments, Guys! You have made my day...again.

I can't say it enough times.  I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread from the beginning.  It is nice to see a wargame project exude so much joy for the maker and the viewer.  

To me this has a very Jim Henson meets Pink Floyd vibe.  Cool.  

Giving my Fellow L.A.Fers something to enjoy & get a chuckle out of makes The Project worthwhile for moi...keeps me out trouble for the most part too.

I completely agree. I have been thinking about doing something similar, but then it wouldn't be original anymore. I envy your inspiration and skills, DeafNala! I hope this project will continue for a very long time.  :)

I sometimes wonder if there are any new original ideas left. The Project is a compilation of everything I've loved about Fantasy & The Craft. If you go for something similar, it will reflect your own unique view of things far more than it will what I have done...SO go for it!

Offline einarolafson

• Mastermind
    • Einar Olafson Painting
« Reply #1310 on: September 11, 2013, 08:24:39 PM »
You are adding tentacles to your scenery pieces... that's nice :-*!! Now you can use it for Strange Aeons too  lol lol!!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1311 on: September 11, 2013, 09:25:03 PM »
You are adding tentacles to your scenery pieces... that's nice :-*!! Now you can use it for Strange Aeons too  lol lol!!

Thanks for commenting, einarolafson!
My Stuff is probably suited for most anything with "Strange" in the title.

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
« Reply #1312 on: September 15, 2013, 09:06:12 PM »
Ah - getting reacquainted with this thread is like slipping back into an old, comfortable but strangely alive and mischievously intelligent pair of slippers!

Good to see the swamp progressing well - I'll have to delve deeper and see what I've missed - I've been a bit preoccupied with the whole Oldhammer thing  recently  :D

Offline OLeary

• Scientist
  • Bhí mé ag ól uisce beatha
    • Black Swan Painting
« Reply #1313 on: September 16, 2013, 06:34:23 AM »
Just look at you, building ever more wonders for us to enjoy. I like the way you photographed it all too. The buzzards eye view gives me a chance to see the work more as a whole and the ground shots give me a chance to imagine what it would be like to actually be there.

Again, charming, inventive and talented work from your hands OH GREAT ONE :-* :-* :-*

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #1314 on: September 16, 2013, 07:56:08 AM »
Loving the Birds eye views DeafNala.  :-* :-* :-* :-* As Always. I can imagine some fun gobbo games being played across this. Catch the Mushroom type thing.

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #1315 on: September 16, 2013, 08:36:53 AM »
Thanks for the kind reply, dijit! I sometimes think I'm bucking the trend toward subtle colors, but vibrant shades is how I view fantasy. I'm delighted you enjoy the effect.
I think the vibrant shades add a certain dream (some might almost hint at drug induced dreams, mind you :D) like quality to what you've produced, which just seems to highlight the fantasy elements to it.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1316 on: September 16, 2013, 05:53:41 PM »
Thanks for all the kind remarks, Guys & Gal!

Ah - getting reacquainted with this thread is like slipping back into an old, comfortable but strangely alive and mischievously intelligent pair of slippers!

My slippers have now taken on a sinister aspect...along with various paint stains & holes.

Good to see the swamp progressing well - I'll have to delve deeper and see what I've missed - I've been a bit preoccupied with the whole Oldhammer thing  recently  :D

Have FUN browsing...I'll keep an eye open for your Old Hammer post.

Just look at you, building ever more wonders for us to enjoy. I like the way you photographed it all too. The buzzards eye view gives me a chance to see the work more as a whole and the ground shots give me a chance to imagine what it would be like to actually be there.

Again, charming, inventive and talented work from your hands OH GREAT ONE :-* :-* :-*

I'm delighted you're enjoying The Project, Anne!
The Buzzard's Eye View does put the board in an understandable perspective that eliminates some of the confusion the close ups can cause...I hope that wasn't confusing.
Buzzards are quite common around here; normally they're seen in a holding pattern, circling above an unseen object/potential meal...they do it to freak people out.

Loving the Birds eye views DeafNala.  :-* :-* :-* :-* As Always. I can imagine some fun gobbo games being played across this. Catch the Mushroom type thing.

I sure hope that there will some game waiting at the end of The Project...something suitably silly.

I think the vibrant shades add a certain dream (some might almost hint at drug induced dreams, mind you :D) like quality to what you've produced, which just seems to highlight the fantasy elements to it.

I have noticed White Rabbit usually plays through my head while I paint.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 05:55:22 PM by DeafNala »

Offline Mr Saturday

• Scientist
    • Mr Saturday's Mumblings
« Reply #1317 on: September 17, 2013, 10:04:40 AM »
Lordy, that swamp is looking majestic. I love to game on that. You have such a distinctive style there's no mistaking your work for anyone else's. Cracking stuff sir!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1318 on: September 17, 2013, 02:21:48 PM »
Thanks, Mr S...as a Fellow Swamp Person our kind comments are especially appreciated.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 9/30/13: Overview Photos On Demand
« Reply #1319 on: September 30, 2013, 01:06:28 AM »
Quote from: Bolbotos
big pictore of whole mushroomwoodmarshes wanted :cyclops:

I was going to direct you back a couple of pages, but when I checked there weren't any overall photos with the last additions to the scaffolding. SO here you go:

I'll be taking some photos soon of the next board over.  
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 01:58:35 PM by DeafNala »