Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:57:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 04/25/24 Mushroom & Mini-Me Mushroom Done!  (Read 1167544 times)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 5/15/14: Dark Doings in the Graveyard
« Reply #1755 on: May 16, 2014, 02:44:24 AM »
Thanks foe the kind reply, Gray Ghost! I'm delighted you like them.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline TwoGunBob

• Scientist
    • It's a band thingy I play in
« Reply #1756 on: May 16, 2014, 03:07:37 AM »
Somehow I missed this forever and had a proper jaw dropping moment at just how awesome that layout was. Truly a labor of love and exceptional work.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #1757 on: May 16, 2014, 03:15:06 AM »
Fa-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-n-n-n-n-n-n-tastic.

What's the assassin from?

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #1758 on: May 16, 2014, 06:19:43 AM »
 :-*  :-*

That's the ticket. Wicked terrain and mini's.

I Luke how you took the zombie malifaux doves and turned em alive.

Cheers
Matt

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #1759 on: May 16, 2014, 07:25:02 AM »
Dee Dee and the Foxx Sisters are the scariest figures I've seen all week. That's saying something because I spent a couple hours looking through the Cthulhu threads a couple days ago.
Terrific painting once again. 

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
« Reply #1760 on: May 16, 2014, 10:54:32 AM »
Wowie!! I'm in love with Anne :-*

Does she have to fight all these other (beautifully painted) maniacs on her own?  :'(
''Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.'' -Wyrmalla (2015)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #1761 on: May 16, 2014, 11:55:07 AM »
Wonderfully scary ladies, Al.
That Seedy Jon certainly knows how to select an entourage.
 :-* 8) :-*

That assassin seems to fit right in too.
Nice work, Anne.
 :-*

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1762 on: May 16, 2014, 01:44:11 PM »
Wow! Thanks for all the kind replies, Guys. Now that is a FINE way to start the day!

Somehow I missed this forever and had a proper jaw dropping moment at just how awesome that layout was. Truly a labor of love and exceptional work.

Thanks again, Bob...glad you are enjoying it all. You summed up my motivation for The Project nicely. It's all the aspects of Fantasy/Horror stories, movies, & games that I've come to love lumped into a big surreal lump.

Fa-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-n-n-n-n-n-n-tastic.

What's the assassin from?

Thanks, Fram! The assassin is a Bombshell Babe mini...until I received her from Anne, I was unfamiliar with the line.

http://bombshell-miniatures.highwire.com/products/babes?pagesize=12

:-*  :-*

That's the ticket. Wicked terrain and mini's.

I Luke how you took the zombie malifaux doves and turned em alive.

Cheers
Matt

Thanks, Matt. Making the terrain created the ideas for it's inhabitants; things in The Project tend to create other things to do.  Actually I pictured the Girls, like Seedy Jon, are a more motivated form of living impaired folk from my Ravenloft days called revenants...you got to admire an undead Chick who takes pride in her appearance. As such, I though they should have a healthier look.

Dee Dee and the Foxx Sisters are the scariest figures I've seen all week. That's saying something because I spent a couple hours looking through the Cthulhu threads a couple days ago.
Terrific painting once again. 

I agree; there is something truly disturbing about the Girls; being undead Ladies of the Evening along with the appearance that entails is fairly upsetting, but there is something beyond that. Be that as it may, I am glad you like the way they turned out, Michka!

Wowie!! I'm in love with Anne :-*

Does she have to fight all these other (beautifully painted) maniacs on her own?  :'(

I think our Anne O'Leary did a WONDERFUL job on her namesake mini myself. She, the namesake that is, is Jon's associate &, as such, part of the Crew, although the in fighting could get ugly.

Wonderfully scary ladies, Al.
That Seedy Jon certainly knows how to select an entourage.
 :-* 8) :-*

That assassin seems to fit right in too.
Nice work, Anne.
 :-*

Thanks, Paul. Anne gave me the idea for the Rotten Belles by commenting about Seedy Jon's bevy of admirers.
Assassin Anne does fit very nicely with the Crew. I think its the cold, blue, Putin like eyes.

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
  • Orcs will rule the world, if we're not careful
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
« Reply #1763 on: May 16, 2014, 05:30:26 PM »
I got to fully appreciate this on the big screen just now and "Too cool!"  :-* What a wonderful formal introduction for the ladies. And that Dee Dee- there's something to be said about a woman who can rock a corset at her age.

There is so much liveliness in your undead, I had to scroll through twice to see that Seedy Jon was (I think?) the only one who moved. You used a great set of photos to showcase your creations!

That second shot is particularly interesting. The statue in the foreground looms over everything for a nice framing effect.

Great Great Great!
Jevenkah

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1764 on: May 16, 2014, 05:54:10 PM »
I got to fully appreciate this on the big screen just now and "Too cool!"  :-* What a wonderful formal introduction for the ladies. And that Dee Dee- there's something to be said about a woman who can rock a corset at her age.

There is so much liveliness in your undead, I had to scroll through twice to see that Seedy Jon was (I think?) the only one who moved. You used a great set of photos to showcase your creations!

That second shot is particularly interesting. The statue in the foreground looms over everything for a nice framing effect.

Great Great Great!
Jevenkah

Thanks for the enthusiastic reply, Jevenkah. That was a spirit lifting jolt of motivation.
Madame Dee Dee has been an inspiration, among other things, to all her Girls...& a few Guys.
I would like to say that the second photo was the result of much thought & planning, but that would be a falsehood of monumental proportions. Like most of my better photos, it was purely accidental. HOWEVER, once the unliving, St Lascivious is painted having him strolling beneath his statue will be something that may be stage with some care...then taken impromptu for a better result. I'd love to come up with a way the have some smoldering pigeons strewn lifelessly around the statue.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
As the dark clouds pass across the face of the leering Moon, Shadowy figures flicker in & out of sight, mere figments of the imagination...or perhaps not.

An Eerie Presence at the Gate:

A trio of Darkness emerges from the Crypts:

There, is that something by the Statue?:

...Yes!

I can already see the possibilities for all the terrain boards & painted minis. Your comments on them would be most welcome...mostly.

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
    • My Blog - Tales From The Lead Pile
Wow. Excellent additions.  :o
Who makes those ghost/wraith types? I love the fiery red "faces" under their hoods. Lovely greeny grey robes too.

Offline Teshub

• Librarian
  • Thereupon I marched against Skara and destroyed it
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
I love these photographs Nala, and wonderful miniatures too!  :-*
\"what slaughters of the people there were, what famine and what thirst oppressed the wretched earth.\" -History of the Franks

http://swordandsorceryrpg.com/

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Wow. Excellent additions.  :o
Who makes those ghost/wraith types? I love the fiery red "faces" under their hoods. Lovely greeny grey robes too.

Thanks, Diakon! The one with a sword is a Reaper, although I can't remember which one specifically. The ones with the balls & chains are Wyrd's Apparitions from their Twisted range:
http://wyrd-games.net/shop/Apparitions.html

I love these photographs Nala, and wonderful miniatures too!  :-*

Thanks, Testub! Getting a thumbs up on the photos is a real morale boost for moi.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Those red "faces" are a really great idea.  :)