Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:17:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 04/25/24 Mushroom & Mini-Me Mushroom Done!  (Read 1168195 times)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 11/12/14 All Around The Tower
« Reply #2190 on: November 12, 2014, 09:42:49 PM »
Absolutely stark, raving mad (in the best possible sense, of course).
 :o :o

Love it!
 :-*

Thanks for the kind reply, Paul. I'm delighted you are enjoying it. I must admit that being a Crazy Old Man is just as much fun as I imagined it would be. It's good to know that it's also fun for those Folk that are stuck with moi.

(Now please refrain from making me look at any more pictures of this particular build, as I have always wanted to build a massive clock tower for my own ruined town, and this is not helping! ;))

Now that is a GREAT IDEA! I'll try to avoid pushing you in that direction...at least intentionally, but a Clock Tower was actually a big feature in Mordheim. For my Blight, having one that ran counterclockwise would be cool; maybe a sort of cuckoo clock tower with something strange popping out at odd times.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #2191 on: November 12, 2014, 10:05:14 PM »
Now that is a GREAT IDEA! I'll try to avoid pushing you in that direction...at least intentionally, but a Clock Tower was actually a big feature in Mordheim. For my Blight, having one that ran counterclockwise would be cool; maybe a sort of cuckoo clock tower with something strange popping out at odd times.

It is a BIG feature on the map of Krappefortt too, just have not gotten around to making it yet.
I am ashamed to say that I have had all the required 'parts' for ages.... ::)

Maybe next year.....

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2192 on: November 12, 2014, 10:25:51 PM »
It is a BIG feature on the map of Krappefortt too, just have not gotten around to making it yet.
I am ashamed to say that I have had all the required 'parts' for ages.... ::)

Maybe next year.....

There you go! It seems that creative juices interrupt their normal flow periodically & skip forward in time. The Urban Blight Board I've got underway was started as a addition to the Mordheim Boards I had done for erstwhile friend Mac way back before I move here...about late '09. Without any intention of finishing it, I thought the lower level would look better at varying heights...it developed a life of its own from that point on. The first of the watch parts I'm using I got in a trade with you sometime ago & just now have started to use. Projects seem to have to ripen for awhile.

I've also noted that long term, ongoing Projects follow their own course. The Blight for example has moved of its own accord from a conventional, if tall, Mordheim Board into the Realms of Steam Punk Fracture Faerie Tale...from Blanche to Froud as it were.

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
« Reply #2193 on: November 12, 2014, 10:38:21 PM »
Now that is a GREAT IDEA! For my Blight, having one that ran counterclockwise would be cool; maybe a sort of cuckoo clock tower with something strange popping out at odd times.

Lovely idea!  :-*  Very inspireing.. If you won't make it,I'll do it myself for gods sake :D lol
''Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.'' -Wyrmalla (2015)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2194 on: November 12, 2014, 10:58:33 PM »
Lovely idea!  :-*  Very inspireing.. If you won't make it,I'll do it myself for gods sake :D lol

Mason aka Paul is a FINE source of SPLENDID ideas & a CAPITAL Fellow to boot! They, the ideas that is, even withstand my modifications...for the most part.

I was thinking, since I can't actually get the clock to run backwards, I could just have the numbers go in a counterclockwise direction & have some strange Bird Thingy hanging out on a spring...I can see myself flicking the Bird to make it bounce around every time I passed the piece. A any rate, if you'd like to try it feel free to go with your own version of the Beasty.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
« Reply #2195 on: November 12, 2014, 11:38:48 PM »
Mason aka Paul is a FINE source of SPLENDID ideas & a CAPITAL Fellow to boot! They, the ideas that is, even withstand my modifications...for the most part.

I was thinking, since I can't actually get the clock to run backwards, I could just have the numbers go in a counterclockwise direction & have some strange Bird Thingy hanging out on a spring...I can see myself flicking the Bird to make it bounce around every time I passed the piece. A any rate, if you'd like to try it feel free to go with your own version of the Beasty.

If you want a working 'backwards' clock, you can get them.*
Just take out the mechanism and attach it to your build.
 ;)

* I used to have one in my living room.
It was wonderful to see peoples faces trying to 'compute' and work out the time when they looked at it.
I have the fortune of being able to read that sort of thing .
I can read upside down as well, but that is another thing entirely....

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2196 on: November 13, 2014, 12:07:31 AM »
If you want a working 'backwards' clock, you can get them.*
Just take out the mechanism and attach it to your build.
 ;)

* I used to have one in my living room.
It was wonderful to see peoples faces trying to 'compute' and work out the time when they looked at it.
I have the fortune of being able to read that sort of thing .
I can read upside down as well, but that is another thing entirely....

I'll check into it...it would be cool.
My only accomplishment in reading is what I can't do; i.e., I can't read a rule book & remain awake for more than a few pages...perhaps not playing isn't such a bad thing after all.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 01:22:52 PM by DeafNala »

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #2197 on: November 14, 2014, 08:53:44 AM »
lol lol lol lol lol

Mason, a "Big Paul" clock would look smashing in Mordheim mate.

Go on... Do it, you crazy cats. You could both run a "build a clock tower" challenge, James could even be poked into finishing that wizards tower :D

A wee clockwork pocketwatch would make a fine dial and unit to put in the tower :D

Ill get my coat.
Matt

Offline CaptainHaddonCollider

• Scientist
« Reply #2198 on: November 14, 2014, 09:24:36 AM »
Great, now I'll be have to pick up my eyeballs from the floor, again, after reading through this thread...

The tower is fairly amazing, and I really like the small detail of the clockwork doors. The storks nest is also a nice touch!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2199 on: November 14, 2014, 01:39:54 PM »
lol lol lol lol lol

Mason, a "Big Paul" clock would look smashing in Mordheim mate.

Go on... Do it, you crazy cats. You could both run a "build a clock tower" challenge, James could even be poked into finishing that wizards tower :D

A wee clockwork pocketwatch would make a fine dial and unit to put in the tower :D

Ill get my coat.
Matt

I did give my work not to encourage Paul at least o the clock tower even though it would prove to be a enormously fulfilling project.
There's a antique junk shop in near by kind of Llano I'll have to check out for the clock face & maybe the cuckoo...I can relate to cuckoos.

Great, now I'll be have to pick up my eyeballs from the floor, again, after reading through this thread...

The tower is fairly amazing, and I really like the small detail of the clockwork doors. The storks nest is also a nice touch!

Thanks, Captain! Going through 140 something pages of my truly mediocre photos is really quite a task. I'm delighted you enjoyed the experience & can see well enough to say so.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #2200 on: November 14, 2014, 06:01:17 PM »
We can argue about whether or not the photography is mediocre, but rest assured that the subjects of said photos are anything but! This thread is a positive delight to go through!

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2201 on: November 14, 2014, 09:51:11 PM »
We can argue about whether or not the photography is mediocre, but rest assured that the subjects of said photos are anything but! This thread is a positive delight to go through!

Thanks, Fram. Your kind comments & imaginative suggestions are valued & appreciated. I'll try not to be quite so deprecating about the photos...considering the Camera is diabolically possessed & hates me, the photos aren't all that bad...mostly.

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
  • Orcs will rule the world, if we're not careful
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
« Reply #2202 on: November 15, 2014, 03:39:12 AM »
That tower is fantastic! The frights behind the bars are brilliant! And again, the steam-punk door wheels just take the details over the top for whimsy for me.

Enjoying the climb!
Jevenkah

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2203 on: November 15, 2014, 12:49:12 PM »
That tower is fantastic! The frights behind the bars are brilliant! And again, the steam-punk door wheels just take the details over the top for whimsy for me.

Enjoying the climb!
Jevenkah

Thanks for the kind words, Jevenkah! I'm working on The Braid which, if I can pull it off, will provide access to upper reaches of The Tower for the would be suitors & the unwary.
I just purchased a few of Brian Froud's books; SO the whimsy factor may be on the rise.

With the Golden Tom Painting Competition looming, my fellow judge Ben aka floedebolle & I decided to start a "What we would have lost the contest with" W.I.P. mini painting thread at Tom's. Ben has a wild, original Chaotic Frog Guy underway. I had stumbled upon a West Wind mini of a headless noble fop;  AND thought I'd try an "Oops, too late" version of the Lost Prince (Mordheim scenario)...the Guy on the lower left is the mini in question:

...then Ben mentioned that my stuff reminded him of Sleepy Hollow; SO...

...he's back & he's pissed! I figure he'll enjoy (un)life in The Blight.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 11/15/14 A Little Converted Diversion
« Reply #2204 on: November 15, 2014, 01:23:38 PM »
I like him!
 :-*

Looking forward to seeing him coloured in.
 :D