Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:28:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691073
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 823
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 04/25/24 Mushroom & Mini-Me Mushroom Done!  (Read 1168242 times)

Offline weismonsters

• Scientist
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 2/23/15 Foggimodo W.I.P.
« Reply #2475 on: February 24, 2015, 12:59:00 PM »
Like the face, it is a nice touch on that froggy warrior.

The Renaisance dwarves look splendid.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2476 on: February 24, 2015, 01:23:22 PM »
Like the face, it is a nice touch on that froggy warrior.

The Renaisance dwarves look splendid.

Thanks for the reply, weismonsters; it is appreciated! The Dwarves like the compliments as well.
Since he's part of the armor, I think I'm going to do the Face in a steel color like the Door Knockers from Labyrinth except for the eyes, which will get a jaundiced glow to them.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline weismonsters

• Scientist
« Reply #2477 on: February 24, 2015, 01:38:51 PM »
Sounds good. I would do it in metalics too. The face armour in a somewhat unexpected location reminds me of some of the old chaos stuff. Like that Asgard mounted chaos knight, or that chaos renegade with a face on his #ss.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2478 on: February 24, 2015, 02:00:37 PM »
Sounds good. I would do it in metalics too. The face armour in a somewhat unexpected location reminds me of some of the old chaos stuff. Like that Asgard mounted chaos knight, or that chaos renegade with a face on his #ss.

As it often happens, adding the Face was a sequence of little events. I had just done the filigree armor on the Dwarven Doppel Soldat. In comparison the armor plate on Froggy look rather plain & uninspiring. Between the two pieces was that Lion Door knocker from the Mordheim buildings...how it got there is beyond moi, & a little jar with some of the beads I use for eyes. It was Fate aided by a strange imagination...the Devil is off the hook again.

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #2479 on: February 25, 2015, 08:35:22 AM »
"The devil is off the hook again" may be the best line I've heard in weeks. Quick, someone needs to grab this and make it their blog title.

Froggy is coming along splendidly. The face armor is such a great touch. I'm really looking forward to seeing it painted.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2480 on: February 25, 2015, 01:39:16 PM »
"The devil is off the hook again" may be the best line I've heard in weeks. Quick, someone needs to grab this and make it their blog title.

Froggy is coming along splendidly. The face armor is such a great touch. I'm really looking forward to seeing it painted.

Thanks, Michka! Memorable quips from moi pop up occasionally. It's mostly due to my constant jabbering. It's like the room full of monkeys with typewriters; one will eventually type Hamlet's soliloquy or a Henny Youngman routine, I forget which.

I did have my doubts about the face...I'm glad you like it. It has grown on me, which seem appropriate for the subject. I have the Dwarf Engineer/Crossbowman almost done with the other Dwarfs coming along nicely.  Hopefully some Short Folks will make an appearance today or tomorrow & I'll have some colors on Froggy...bronze of steel for the Face is still a question.

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #2481 on: February 25, 2015, 05:32:25 PM »
bronze of steel for the Face is still a question.

I'd say bronze. I think the bronze will contrast the right way with the skin tone, (assuming it's a greenish hue). The steel might be too many cool colors together in one place. Then again, I don't know what you have planned for the rest of his outfit.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2482 on: February 25, 2015, 11:34:39 PM »
I'd say bronze. I think the bronze will contrast the right way with the skin tone, (assuming it's a greenish hue). The steel might be too many cool colors together in one place. Then again, I don't know what you have planned for the rest of his outfit.

The Froggy Fellow has a sickly albino skin tone with red eyes...looks pretty decent if I say so myself. I tried to get some photos but the flesh tones were blending in with the surrounding white prime coat. The bronze is still a possibility with the pale skin tones; it will depend on the color I use for the trousers. I'm starting to have high hope for the Big Guy.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 2/26/15 Dwarf & Frog Finished
« Reply #2483 on: February 26, 2015, 08:54:59 PM »
SO...in a rare focused spell, I managed to finish the Mercenary Engineer/Crossbowdwarf AND Froggimodo. AND HERE THEY ARE FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT & EDIFICATION:

The Dwarf:

The Frog:

Dwarf & Frog Together Again For The First Time:

There you have it. Once more your kind comments & suggestions of a non-sexual nature would be most welcome...mostly.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #2484 on: February 26, 2015, 09:22:24 PM »
 Very nice work on both of these new additions.love the choice of colours you have went with on Froggy.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2485 on: February 26, 2015, 09:36:11 PM »
Very nice work on both of these new additions.love the choice of colours you have went with on Froggy.

Thanks for the kind reply, manic_miner. I'm rather pleased how Froggy turned out myself; I'm delighted you agree.

Offline Modhail

• Mastermind
    • http://modhails-meanderings.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2486 on: February 26, 2015, 10:00:31 PM »
The frog seemed, at first and unpainted, a bit whimsical to me, had an air of Wind in the Willows...  But, fully pigmented, he turned out wonderfully creepy!  :-* You have a rare talent for hitting just the right melange of cheerful and unsettling, that I admire more and more.

I absolutely adore the faces you sculpt! They remind me of Froud drawings.

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Re: Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 2/26/15 Dwarf & Frog Finished
« Reply #2487 on: February 26, 2015, 10:19:57 PM »
Stop the focus! STOP THE FOCUS! My mind can't handle the colours and detail. ;)
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2488 on: February 26, 2015, 10:44:30 PM »
The frog seemed, at first and unpainted, a bit whimsical to me, had an air of Wind in the Willows...  But, fully pigmented, he turned out wonderfully creepy!  :-* You have a rare talent for hitting just the right melange of cheerful and unsettling, that I admire more and more.

I absolutely adore the faces you sculpt! They remind me of Froud drawings.

Thanks, Modhail...glad you are enjoy it. I guess I've finally developed my own unique style although I must admit than Brian Froud's work has been an influence/inspiration. That my stuff reminds you of his work is quite a compliment. IF I put in enough effort I may just deserve the comparison...someday.

Stop the focus! STOP THE FOCUS! My mind can't handle the colours and detail. ;)

You're tough von Lucky...you can take it...or not. It is a bit disturbing though.

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
  • Orcs will rule the world, if we're not careful
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
« Reply #2489 on: February 26, 2015, 11:22:06 PM »
Wow, Froggimodo turned out quite menacing, in a fairy-tale-as-it-was-told-way-back-when sort of way.

Lovely!
Jevenkah