Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:17:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691062
  • Total Topics: 118368
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 04/25/24 Mushroom & Mini-Me Mushroom Done!  (Read 1167919 times)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 04/27/15: Some New Mushrooms in the Woods
« Reply #2580 on: April 27, 2015, 07:17:17 PM »
New toadstools are tremendous.

They certainly are!

Wonderful expressions, Al.
Love 'em!
 :-* :-*

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2581 on: April 27, 2015, 08:16:08 PM »
Thank you my Fellow Fungi Fans! Your kind comments are much appreciated!

OOOOOooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!

These broader mushrooms are departure, but not only do they work fine, they still fit well with all your other stuff. Great faces and expressions on those ones - I think you're so used to cramming enough expression in the smaller ones that with this much space to use you've can add that much more character.

The extra room did give moi greater scope for some extra expressiveness. Thanks for noticing.

New toadstools are tremendous.

Strange Mushrooms have become my thing apparently...glad you like the results.

They certainly are!

Wonderful expressions, Al.
Love 'em!
 :-* :-*

Thanks, Amigo. I really get such a kick out of making them. With all the WONDERFUL pieces you've been creating, I'm sure you can identify with the feeling.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #2582 on: April 27, 2015, 10:29:57 PM »
What character, what charm, what sculpting.

They look great Nala!! :-*

Mushrooms are certainly your thing. I'd suggest doing a lot of variants, go shopping in the supermarkets and pick up various types. You have the little fellows and button mushrooms, but perhaps large flatter style ones like oyster mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, etc would work a treat. You may even find some inspiration for faces in the natural ones. ;)

I see a Forest of angry mushrooms haha.

Cheers
Matt.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2583 on: April 27, 2015, 11:02:41 PM »
What character, what charm, what sculpting.

They look great Nala!! :-*

Mushrooms are certainly your thing. I'd suggest doing a lot of variants, go shopping in the supermarkets and pick up various types. You have the little fellows and button mushrooms, but perhaps large flatter style ones like oyster mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, etc would work a treat. You may even find some inspiration for faces in the natural ones. ;)

I see a Forest of angry mushrooms haha.

Cheers
Matt.

Thanks, Matt. They do grow on you appropriately enough.
Funny you should mention it, I do find myself browsing through Wikipedia looking to different types...the variety of real mushrooms is staggering. AND the idea of expanding The spooky Woods into a Post Apocalypse Fungus Forest is becoming gaining an allure for moi...it would give me something to which to dedicate the second half of my life.

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #2584 on: April 28, 2015, 09:10:35 AM »
... the idea of expanding The spooky Woods into a Post Apocalypse Fungus Forest is becoming gaining an allure for moi...it would give me something to which to dedicate the second half of my life.

Ooh that would be amazing!!! Have you seen the Studio Ghibli film: "Nausicca and the Valley of the Wind"? There is some great inspiration there. Especially the "The poisoned forest" see below:

Cheers
Matt

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
I have this image of DeafNala sculpting - his sculpting tool never actually touches the green stuff, as it just moves out of the way on its accord when its steel tip gets too close.

Nice green stuff herding.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2586 on: April 28, 2015, 01:55:57 PM »
Thanks for the inspirational pics, Matt. Being out of touch does mean I miss a lot of cool stuff. The poison Forest has some GREAT ideas in it. Those Fuzzy Mushrooms are CREEPY/COOL...definite possibilities.
I have a Fantasy/Faerie Tale Post Apocalypse setting in mind, the Shanty Town/Urban Blight & Heep's Place being outposts of civilization...such as it is. The Hang Son Doong Cavern of Vietnam is another recurring inspiration.

I have this image of DeafNala sculpting - his sculpting tool never actually touches the green stuff, as it just moves out of the way on its accord when its steel tip gets too close.

Nice green stuff herding.

...you peeked. My initial outing with Green Stuff was using it for basing a bunch of Lord of the Rings minis for a friend...he supplied the G.S.. I thought it was like sculpting old chewing gum. My view has changed a bit since then.
All that aside, thanks for the reply, von Lucky. Once more I'm glad you enjoyed the stuff!

Offline Theatralic

• Scientist
« Reply #2587 on: April 28, 2015, 04:58:11 PM »
Epic, plain and simple epic Al! Those Shrooms...again are following me everywhere with their eyes and now that I am a lucky man that has some of your work at home...I feel watched all the Time.

My Vintage Dwarfs: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=42987.0

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
« Reply #2588 on: April 28, 2015, 05:17:44 PM »
Now I worship other fungi with tese from Yuggoth!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2589 on: April 28, 2015, 05:21:39 PM »
Epic, plain and simple epic Al! Those Shrooms...again are following me everywhere with their eyes and now that I am a lucky man that has some of your work at home...I feel watched all the Time.

Thanks for the reply, Teame. I'm glad you like the plan & the Mushrooms. When I get enough of them all in one spot, I feel like I'm playing at Wimbledon.

Now I worship other fungi with tese from Yuggoth!

Thanks, randy. I appreciate the feedback...glad you like them.

Offline Modhail

• Mastermind
    • http://modhails-meanderings.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2590 on: April 28, 2015, 06:16:15 PM »
Hehe,  Oberon may have his Fairy Forest, but Deafnala is soon becoming king of the Fungus Forest.  I love the plan for a mushroom forest, and can't wait to see you tackle it in your inimitable style!  :-*

I totally missed you posting those Dark Hold Goblins, love the pig-knights and the pack-rat in the entourage.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2591 on: April 28, 2015, 06:39:31 PM »
Hehe,  Oberon may have his Fairy Forest, but Deafnala is soon becoming king of the Fungus Forest.  I love the plan for a mushroom forest, and can't wait to see you tackle it in your inimitable style!  :-*

I totally missed you posting those Dark Hold Goblins, love the pig-knights and the pack-rat in the entourage.

Thanks for the upbeat reply/vote of confidence, Modhail! I hope I won't let you down. The Weird & Spooky Woods surrounding the enclaves should be fun & VERY STRANGE...I can relate to that.

I really like the Dark Hold pieces & Rebel Minis are a pleasure to deal with...HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #2592 on: April 28, 2015, 06:58:58 PM »
Love the mushroom tower, and the new 'big face' mushrooms. Excellent work as always. :)
Kitbash Games' web-page: http://www.kitbashgames.co.uk/

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2593 on: April 28, 2015, 07:07:23 PM »
Love the mushroom tower, and the new 'big face' mushrooms. Excellent work as always. :)

Thanks, leon...may I call you leon?..your kind comments are appreciated. I will hopefully finish the Tower sometime soon; it's been a W.I.P for quite some time now.

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #2594 on: April 28, 2015, 07:19:08 PM »
Thanks, leon...may I call you leon?..your kind comments are appreciated. I will hopefully finish the Tower sometime soon; it's been a W.I.P for quite some time now.

Of course you may sir. :)