Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:01:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691085
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Ngoni Dawn  (Read 24873 times)

Offline magokiron

• Mastermind
Re: Ngoni Dawn
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2011, 09:39:59 PM »
Thanks, thanks, thanks.

This kind of threads are what make THIS forum THE BEST MINIATURE FORUM of all the web.

Pretty scenery, beautiful miniatures, excelent paint jobs, solid narrative and a FUN GAME.

What else can a gamer ask for?

Thanks again for giving all us such inspiration and raising the bar for our own projects.

Best wishes.
I know you're too old to play with toy soldiers. So give them to me... NOW!

Offline cram

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2011, 10:01:51 PM »
I wonder how many orders Scale Link will be getting for gramophone's this week! I'll be putting in an order for one myself lol.

Once again excellent post, its the third time I've looked at it now.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2011, 10:16:03 PM »
I doubt it. Wait til you see how much they cost.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline airbornegrove26

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2011, 05:12:01 AM »
Plynkes after looking at these and your previous posts.  I was wondering if you would mind starting a thread with pic's of all your colonial forces, that way they would be in one spot.  I know I use them frequently for reference. =)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2011, 07:03:11 AM »
You shall now be known as Herzog von Plynkes vom Afrika.

And your duty shall to be create such a feature on a weekly basis.

No, really.  'Nuff said.

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2011, 08:26:52 AM »
Plynkes after looking at these and your previous posts.  I was wondering if you would mind starting a thread with pic's of all your colonial forces, that way they would be in one spot.  I know I use them frequently for reference. =)

Build yourself a "child board" for all your game reports? Keep them all in one place, so we can go back and relive the fun.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2011, 09:32:54 AM »
Hmmm. I don't know. Seems like a big-headed, slightly vain direction to take. I don't want to go sticky-mad like that raving lunatic Hammers or have Colonial Adventures become all about Plynkes. I'll give it some thought.

Offline Remington

• Mastermind
  • Who? Where? Say what now?
    • The Doc's Diary
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2011, 11:10:53 AM »
Surely we could take the "vain" factor out of this and at least create a stick with AAR links in general. :) Or create a joint child board with the Colonial Tales comp.? I do agree with Bezzo's point, but if I could look back at the strawberries I've eaten in the past, I... would? The analogy has derailed I'm afraid. Well you know what I mean.

Offline Frank

• LPL Champion (S5,S8) Bronze Medalist (S6)
  • Mad Scientist
    • My TableTop Blog
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2011, 11:58:39 AM »
As usual some wonderful miniatures and a great story! Thank you Plynkes! 8)

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2011, 12:20:23 PM »
Hmmm. I don't know. Seems like a big-headed, slightly vain direction to take. I don't want to go sticky-mad like that raving lunatic Hammers or have Colonial Adventures become all about Plynkes. I'll give it some thought.

Fair point, we can cope with one Hammers here, but any more might be too much  ;)

My suggestion was really to let lazy gits like me find these reports easily again without having to trawl through all the other posts and risk getting distracted by more loveliness.

Surely we could take the "vain" factor out of this and at least create a stick with AAR links in general. :)

There are  certainly plenty of AARs I've enjoyed by other people that provide similar inspiration. Maybe an all-comers' AAR board might be a better idea.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2011, 01:02:55 PM »
No, wait! This is supposed to be all about me!  lol

Offline airbornegrove26

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2011, 05:00:30 PM »
Man,

I didn't mean to touch off such an explosive topic.  I kid I kid.  I agree will most of the comments that have been made.  Plynkes I was just trying to see pic's of all your forces just in an army view not in a game setting ie. http://leadadventureforum.com/gallery/5/163_12_03_10_3_07_22_3.jpg.  If you didn't feel comfortable posting them as a new thread, I would love some pic's you could e-mail me.  It was more out of curiosity to see what the board leader of the colonial page actually had for armies.  Yet I child board with everyone's game reports would be cool to.  It is just tough sifting through your 352 pages of posts to look for one pic.  However I do have most of them bookmarked individually.  =)  If not I will always anxiously await more from the world of Plynkes at your normal pace!

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2011, 05:34:01 PM »
Don't worry, it's not an explosive topic, it's all good-natured discussion.

Maybe it is time for Colonial's first stickies. I don't really think it warrants a child board, but if I put up a sticky of links to the existing reports I reckon that would do just as well. I think it would be best as a locked topic, so it doesn't get diluted with lots of comments and chit-chat (that can go on the threads containing the original reports). I'll put a bunch of links up to get us started. Once it's up and running (which may take a day or so, knowing me)  if you think I've missed one or you've got a report of your own you want putting in there then just PM me and I'll add it.

And if you don't mind me getting all big-headed I maybe will do a compiled thread of my African armies too, if nobody objects. It would be nice to see them all in one place. I suppose it is a perk that comes with the moderator job that I can be a big show-off and sticky my own stuff.  :)

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2011, 05:39:20 PM »
Don't worry, it's not an explosive topic, it's all good-natured discussion.

Maybe it is time for Colonial's first stickies. I don't really think it warrants a child board, but if I put up a sticky of links to the existing reports I reckon that would do just as well. I think it would be best as a locked topic, so it doesn't get diluted with lots of comments and chit-chat (that can go on the threads containing the original reports). I'll put a bunch of links up to get us started. Once it's up and running (which may take a day or so, knowing me)  if you think I've missed one or you've got a report of your own you want putting in there then just PM me and I'll add it.

And if you don't mind me getting all big-headed I maybe will do a compiled thread of my African armies too, if nobody objects. It would be nice to see them all in one place. I suppose it is a perk that comes with the moderator job that I can be a big show-off and sticky my own stuff.  :)

All sounds good to me.

Offline airbornegrove26

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2011, 05:55:29 PM »
I second Gluteus!  All sounds good to me Plynkes, and yeah you are the moderator so it should come with some perks, lol.  Can't wait to see how this turns out.