Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:53:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686552
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for Royal Navy Marines to use with Black Scorpion figures  (Read 2978 times)

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
Ohoy!

I am trying to find some figures that I can bolster and use along with my Black Scorpion Miniatures Royal Navy Marines, any suggestions?

Also, Black Scorpions pirates are a bit on the large side, so I wonder, are there any other figures out there that might go along with them, scale wise that is :-P
Tintin - Pulp Adventures in a orderly fashion
Gallows Falls - Western Village
Eisende - Mordheim costal village WIP
Rome - SPQR & Hail Caesar

Offline midismirnoff

• Mad Scientist
Re: Looking for Royal Navy Marines to use with Black Scorpion figures
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 11:37:59 PM »
Let go the chit chat and have some lead:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=21190.msg258920#msg258920

I also like:

http://www.miniaturicum.de/product_info.php?products_id=1250

I know what you mean, and I myself needed some of those lads. I have to say you have to look for general tricorn-ed minis, any without mustache will do fine. Another google tip is to look for "Malburian" and "WSS", whatever those strange words mean  :D
Instagram profile: the_mediocre_wargamer

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 12:05:25 AM »
Ah well, my first answer was a bit harsh, I appologize for that *bows*

I had missed that LOTHS warband... its, to say the least, superb! I know... I know, not really historically correct, but since this is not depicting a military unit 23/7 1944, its not all that super important :-P

I should have added that we will go for a slightly Hollowoodian flavour of our pirate game.

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 12:09:04 AM »
Sorry, Galland.  I misread your post and mentally had "marines that could be used with Black Scorpion pirates" in my head.  But that's not what you wrote, and was not what you were looking for, so I deleted my previous post.  Although Front Rank produces big figures, I'm not sure whether the style would fit well with the Black Scorpion guys, now that I've actually looked up the Black Scorpion figures you were referring to...
Sailors have more fun!

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 12:16:41 AM »
Mister Warren

I am sorry for sounding so rude in my reply, it was un called for, and I hope you will accept my appologies for that.

Regards

Sonny

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 12:51:45 AM »
Entirely my fault, Galland.  I really should have read your post carefully before posting a reply that was so completely in the wrong direction from what you were looking for.  No apology needed.

On second consideration, having now looked at the Black Scorpion minis, I'm thinking that Dixon might fit in with the style, height, and lean look of the figures.  While Dixons may not be quite as tall as the 32mm Black Scorpions, they are a bit on the tall side for 28mm. I'm saying that based on having some Marlburian Dixon figures. But I think the Dixon American Revolution figures would work well with the Black Scorpions:

http://www.dixon-minis.com/dixoncatalogue.php?maintype=26

Also, the Perry AWI sculpts for Foundry might work with the Black Scorpions, since the coats on the Black Scorpion figures are pretty short.  Those figures also seem to have a more lean look than the bulky Front Rank figures.  I have some Foundry AWI British, and they are a bit tall as 28mm goes, but they would still probably be shorter than the 32mm Black Scorpions.  Check the Foundry ones out here:

http://wargamesfoundry.com/historical_ranges/single_packs/american_war_of_independence/british/
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 01:24:26 AM by warrenbruhn »

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 01:56:52 PM »
Thanks for all the links, this is precisely what I am looking for, who would have thought that I would be browsing good old Dixon again, last time I checked Dixon stuff out, was before internet times hehe :D