Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:02:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Poll

Vote

A walk in the country (Remgain)
398 (98%)
Naked Chicks (Muskie)
8 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 404

Author Topic: ROUND 1 A walk in the country vs Naked Chicks  (Read 13155 times)

Offline Flashman14

• Scientist
    • One of My Men Became Restless
Re: ROUND 1 A walk in the country vs Naked Chicks
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 06:54:00 PM »
Is that Snookie there second from left? That particular sculpt is always disturbing - I have it too. It's not a dwarf but is it child or ...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 01:28:26 AM by Flashman14 »
"One of My Men Became Restless" focuses on 15mm Horse & Musket periods and 25mm Horse & Musket, Fantasy, Horror and Victorian everything! Occasionally there'll be stuff of related interest but it's mostly a painters blog.  See it all here: http://flashman14.blogspot.com/

Offline Muskie

• Scientist
  • Purple and Green are the only colours you need.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2011, 07:45:22 AM »
I don't know what a Snooki is, I couldn't even figure out that was directed at me...  I didn't do a very good job of photographing my minis especially the first one.  Looking at the competition he has his models tighter together which allows them to be larger.  Something to think about for next time I photograph a team.  I already painted and photographed my second team.

My third team is still at the primer stage.  The 'naked chicks' were a bit of a mystery there was a bunch of them, I just took the better sculpts even though scale was a bit wonky.  I painted them all with different skin tones to represent different ethnicities.  I'm not sure that all comes across in the one photo but c'est la vie.  I took some more photos a day or two later, they'll appear online eventually in the mean time, I need to get some sleep.

Still don't know how I'm doing, I didn't vote...  It'll be a surprise to me, but I hope I get some easier competition eventually, there are a lot tough competitors, I don't think I've chose the best models to showcase my style, I never paint fleshtones...  It's all for fun, I just made them up.  I usually paint demons, space marines, or orks.  ;-)  I went totally against type for round 2, too.

Offline Remgain

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2011, 10:32:23 AM »
@Muskie,

be sure that it was a total surprise for me as well.
As you can see the majority of the comments appreciates the detail of painting I did on the dresses (absolutely no pun intended).
From the point of view of the painting style, I'm quite sure that we are on the same level, and maybe you're better. Painting flesh is very difficult, and you did it very well indeed.

I'm very interested in seeing your next entries, and I'm totally sure that they'll perform very well!
 :)
And, yes, try to take the pictures closer to the minis, otherwise the detail would be lost, and the minis themselves would be lost in the background.

Ciao,
Marco

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Remgain

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2011, 10:40:33 AM »
From the point of view of the painting style, I'm quite sure that we are on the same level, and maybe you're better.

@Muskie
I just saw your blog.
Your painting style is much better than mine. Ditto.

Marco

Offline Muskie

• Scientist
  • Purple and Green are the only colours you need.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2011, 10:01:38 PM »
@Muskie
I just saw your blog.
Your painting style is much better than mine. Ditto.

Marco

I wouldn't be so sure, I never paint patterned cloth or flesh much, but I think you (or I) can paint anything if we set our minds to it and use sensible techniques.  A lot of the times now I'm trying to paint faster or at least more efficiently.  For the ladies, I just tried to get their flesh tones all different, otherwise it would have been a more boring entry.

I have more ideas than I have time and energy to complete, so just five models to complete an idea is nice, but also one more than I like to paint at a time.  I think four 28mm figs is my optimal but the naked women were 25mm scale supposedly, they are certainly wee, like three strokes to highlight the face sometimes...

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2011, 07:09:50 AM »
(  o  )Y(  o  )... I know I should vote for this, I mean, boobs!  Both entries are very fine, but my vote goes to the gentlemen and ladies in the countryside.
Tintin - Pulp Adventures in a orderly fashion
Gallows Falls - Western Village
Eisende - Mordheim costal village WIP
Rome - SPQR & Hail Caesar

Offline Bugsda

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2011, 04:51:21 PM »
(  o  )Y(  o  )... I know I should vote for this, I mean, boobs!  Both entries are very fine, but my vote goes to the gentlemen and ladies in the countryside.

Me too! I never usually vote against naked women, must be getting old :'(
Well I've lead an evil life, so they say, but I'll outrun the Devil on judgement day.