Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:18:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690726
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Yellow Peril Strikes! Photos Added  (Read 2593 times)

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
The Yellow Peril Strikes! Photos Added
« on: March 21, 2011, 02:29:49 PM »
My son was begging to play Strange Aeons last night.  I was tired but succumbed to his endless requests.

It was a simple city scene fight scenario using three buildings.

Battle Report

The forces of Mr. James with his three trusty Threshold companions began investigating what they thought was a minor cult influence in the dark streets and buildings of San Fransico Chinatown.  

To their peril, they had been drawn into a well coodinated trap lain by the Insideous Fu Manchu who was leading a small army of seven Cultists.  

And for the first time....since playing my young son, the Lurkers won!  This of course I attrubute to the presence of the Greatest Criminal Mastermind who ever lived.  

My son attributes it to the fact that he had no idea that the Suicide Cultist could blow himself up.  Seems I left that little detail out, when we fielded our teams.

During the final epic scene, the entire Threshold team was barricaded inside a mortuary building.  While the team was positioned to repell attackers, a lone suicide cultist rushed into the room.  Two Threshold agents and one civilian were just inside the doorway. The civilian and the rifleman were Alert but fired their guns without result.  

The suicide cultist rolled Resolve and passed resulting in a devastating blast which leveled the room.  The blast removed both two Threshold agents with Major Injuries and killed the one civilian team member.

Mr. James the leading character watched from the doorway of an ajoining room (outside of the blast range) in horror as his team was wiped out.  With the onrushing force of Fu Manchu's cultists just outside, Mr. James was forced to flee from the other entrance of the house and escape the playing area.

Fortunately for Mr. James, the Major Injuries weren't too severe this time for his two felled agents.  Gunner his Thompson SMG agent received Poor Health from the blast.  The second agent Griffin became Fearless as a result of this blast incident.  In the resulting funeral of their civilian teamate, Mr. James swears to track Fu Manchu to the ends of the Earth.

-Side notes-

The street is the reverse side of my Zuzzy painted battle mat.  It makes a great roll out city street.  

My recently completed Shipping Warehouse needs a few more odds and ends but is mostly completed.  I opted to not print the walls this time to save my printer ink.  Anyone familiar with the Masks of Nyalarthotep game may recognize the name of Ho Fong's Shipping Warehouse.  I will reprint the warehouse sign when I refill my ink cartridge.

I need to construct one more building piece to have fill in the game mat ....I'm still wondering what type of building to make next... maybe a storefront (Occult Bookstore, or Ju-Ju House)...

I think I'll be ording some Tong Gansters soon too to go along with the dreadful Fu Manchu.  He will definately be a returning villan for Mr. James and his men.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 12:39:43 PM by gauntman »
"Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small  boy....I keep it in a jar on my desk."
                ----- Robert Bloch------

Offline Sheerluck Holmes

• Mad Scientist
Re: The Yellow Peril Strikes!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 08:34:25 PM »
Sounds like it was a fun game.

What figure did you use for Fu Man Chu?

I have been contemplating using a Chinese based lurker with a murderous doll (aka Dr Who and the Talons of Weng-Chiang http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Talons_of_Weng-Chiang ) and have been looking for a good figure.

Offline D@rth J@ymZ

• Runner-Up of the LPL
  • Mastermind
  • CotBG #5
Re: The Yellow Peril Strikes!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 07:28:16 AM »
I always like to hear about the continuing adventures of Mr. James.  ;)
Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb...
- Dark Helmet

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
Re: The Yellow Peril Strikes! Photos Added
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 12:40:11 PM »

What figure did you use for Fu Man Chu?

I used the Fu Manchu from the Mirliton Nightmares Range- Evil Men

Here are a couple of recently painted Mini Pics I threw in too.

Carl Stanford AKA The Fat Man

Joseph Curwen disguised as Dr. Ash

« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 12:46:55 PM by gauntman »

Offline Sheerluck Holmes

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 08:28:49 PM »
Nice scenery - the anatomical poster and the clock in the morgue are a nice touch.

Thanks for the info on the figure too  :)

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 12:45:10 AM »
Thanks

I added clocks to each of my buildings.  There all a tiny bit different.  When I realized I could just print and cut clocks, I couldnt resist.  They add a nice touch to each of the buildings.

Offline marrony

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 08:11:04 AM »
Nice deep one hybrids too. :D
'The night is gone and the sword is drawn.And the scabbard thrown away!' -Cry of the People by John G Neihardt.

Offline Tsune

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 08:24:59 AM »
Thanks for the report, and nice pictures!

Offline Bloodysword

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 08:00:33 PM »
Really cool report.  Isnn't cool playing these games with your kids!  My son's and I have been playing SoBaH lately and I wouldn't want to play with anyone else.  Thanks for sharing.