Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:56:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New weird west range from Pontoonier/Badger games?  (Read 6536 times)

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
New weird west range from Pontoonier/Badger games?
« on: April 19, 2011, 06:53:12 AM »
This was posted on TMP, I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything? It sounds cool & new weird west is always welcome. According to the post they are going to have a demonstration at Historicon with a new range of 28mm minis.

"Reintarnation!"

A Pulp western extravaganza involving lycanthropy, vampirism, mad science and Mexican wrestling. Featuring the noted vampire hunter Abraham Lincoln, a masked hero, the cast of Bonanza, a man without name and sundry persons, both alive and undead.

We'll use a wild west variant of my 'Astounding Tales!' Pulp era rules

...Just putting it out there.
I am looking for the following Deadlands minis:  Shotgun Thug, Lost Soul, Cleaners, Railroad Workers & Feral Dead. If you have any of these minis, or if you are one, please send me a PM.

Offline Tommy20

• Scientist
Re: New weird west range from Pontoonier/Badger games?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 03:37:35 PM »
They supposedly had them at Little Wars a couple of weeks back.  I say supposedly, because despite being interested in them, and having other Pontoonier figures on my want-list, I was never able to see any of their product.

On the first day of the show, their table consisted of stacks of their catalogs, and a (very nice) gentleman, who explained that the owner wasn't there yet, and he wasn't able to display the merchandise until he arrived (the next day).

On the next day, their tables were covered by large bins full of bagged (but not labeled) figures, with no signage.  I'm sure the men behind the table knew exactly what bin everything was in, but since they were always engaged in conversation, it was virtually impossible to find anything.

This, along with their previous reputation for an empty website and non-response, has totally turned me off of their product.  They just don't seem interested in selling their figs!
-Tommy

Offline Elprez

• Mad Scientist
  • LXG
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 04:03:37 PM »
Pontooniers stuff is available from Newline Designs http://newlinedesigns.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=490_493
Nothing of any Weird West stuff on there at the moment.
I had some packs of their fine Gurkhas only last week, a pleasure to deal with, no problems at all.
I know that Pontoonier were an absolute nightmare to get hold of previously, but I can thoroughly recommend ordering through Newline.
http://extraordinarygentlemensjournal.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/VSFMiniatures
Still, a chap ought to look smart in front of the men, don't you think?

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 04:43:16 PM »
I made on attempt to deal with Pontoonier, now I get their stuff through Newline.
I would really like to see some pics of the new range.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it anymore and what is it seems weird and scary.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 07:19:17 PM »
Really interested to see what they are like as a range is long overdue would have loved to do one myself if I had the cash

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 07:23:20 PM »
Honestly! How hard is it to take pictures of figures and post them on the internet?! I do it practically every day...!  >:(
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline Tom Reed

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 08:17:16 PM »
They were a dealer at our local convention. Stuff just sitting in bags. The last day of the con I gave the guy a list of $100 worth of figures and asked if he could pull them for me since I was running a game. He said sure. Next thing I know I turned around and he was gone! Lost a $100 sale too.
Jane! Stop this crazy thing!

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 08:39:41 PM »
Very, very frustrating indeed. I've had the same experience(s). Had a friend at the last HMGS-East con  keep an eye out for their stuff. He reported essentially the same experience... Particularly irritating, seeing both sides of the hobby, as we work overtime to set up at a con when we go, and are always grateful for the interest folks show.

These guys are a real mystery to me.

-Doc

Offline Tom Reed

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 09:28:16 PM »
It's really too bad because from the look of it they have some really neat stuff. I just can't understand a guy not waiting 1/2 hour to make a $100 sale.

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 11:37:02 PM »
Man, it's sad to hear all these bad experiences. I hope we'll see something, there just aint enough weird west out there & news of a new line is always welcome but I guess if a company does not want to sell it's product then what can you do  ???. I'm planning on going to Historicon this year, so I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Offline Tony Adams

• Student
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 12:52:08 AM »
Badger Games was at Little Wars a couple of weeks ago and I was able to pick up a few figures there.

They do not have a website up as of yet although they claim they are working on it. It is listed as being www.badgergames.com. The contact person is Ben Checota and he was giving out his card with his phone number on it (414) 963-8719. I don't know what results you will get by calling but the number was being freely distributed. He says that he has a full time job that keeps him pretty busy and this is just a part time thing.

Besides a pretty extensive range of moderns (Mongrel Miniatures) which I wasn't too familiar with, they also had some colonials. These were Anglo-Burma War (were these originally Pontoonier?) There was also an extensive range of Barbary Pirates and some Sci-Fi Lizardmen. There were some creatures such as Yeti, Ogres and Giants as well.

The Old West ranges include Mexican, Mythic and Savage Creatures, Pulp and Myths & Legends. There are 14 different figures for "El Legio de Justica" (Zorro's Fighting Legion), all on foot. There are 23 different figures for Yaqui Indians as well as a set of civilians and a special set with "Don Del Oro" and 2 guards right from Zorro's Fighting Legion.

There were 38 numbers listed for the Weird West type figures of which about 2/3 seemed to be available with other sculpts expected 'soon'. These range from some pretty normal figures "The Man in the Mask & Apache Joe" (mounted and dismounted), were modeled on the Lone Ranger and Tonto. The "Ticonderoga Ranch Boys" (Pa, Cain, Tiny Tom & Ox) obviously live near the Ponderosa. And then there are the "Man & Were-Wolf with No Name" and "Lincoln and Grant - Vampire Hunters". Others to come include "Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox" as well as "Grizzly Adams & Ben".

I have probably gone on much too long. If I can get some pictures of what I bought up I will try and post them soon. I have no connections to the company other than being a fan of the figs mainly because they are something different that I happen to be interested in. I also hope these guys get their act together and start making these more widely available. I have only gotten the figures from shows they have been to. As far as I know they have plans to be at Historicon and RockCon (Rockford, IL in November where they have plans to do a Zorro's Fighting Legion game.)

Offline Brian Smaller

• Mad Scientist
    • The Woolshed Wargamer
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 01:41:01 AM »
"Reintarnation!"

Being reborn as a hillbilly.

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 06:51:03 AM »
Tony,

Many thanks for the update. It would be really interesting to see some photos

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 08:38:19 AM »
They supposedly make a Marachi band... but no one seems to carry that set! :? >:(

Darkoath

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2011, 03:31:49 PM »
C'mon Tony, how about some photos  :D!