Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:06:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690915
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 641
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: whacky Mutant Gang  (Read 4993 times)

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
Re: whacky Mutant Gang
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 09:53:34 AM »
thx Guys,glad you like them  :)

theyre currently oop but the latest Megaminis Newsletter says that theyre re-releasing all the remaining Shokforce Stuff during the next Months ,so  ;D

Does anybody remember the twisted Snakes Tribe? (Savage Elves with Gasmasks)

Never seen the demons or the elves. Must have been late in the line and never made it over to the UK.
Any idea if Mega Mini's doing the GWAR line that Shockforce produced...? Still trying to get my hands on that World Maggot.

I believe the copyright would be with GWAR and MegaMinis would need a licence and IIRC the moulds were lost/stolen in a break in at the casters.

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 09:58:27 AM »
Never seen the demons or the elves. Must have been late in the line and never made it over to the UK.
I believe the copyright would be with GWAR and MegaMinis would need a licence and IIRC the moulds were lost/stolen in a break in at the casters.
Who on earth steals moulds? They weigh alot and aren't exactly the thing you can flog for a quick fiver in the pub.

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2011, 10:30:09 AM »
Who on earth steals moulds? They weigh alot and aren't exactly the thing you can flog for a quick fiver in the pub.

Given the copyright thing and the demand for the minis-last auction I saw went over a few hundred dollars- I'm sure you could speculate on motives. If anyone stole to recast and sell there's been no evidence of it, though.

See TMP.

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2011, 11:04:00 AM »

Thats a cool looking force.  Adding the big Black Hat (Cobalt?) guys works really well.  They have a kinda Hanna Barbera look (in a good way).

Thats some huge post-apoc collection that you have amassed by now, all with a specfic Dr.Falkenhayn flavour. 

Brilliant  :-*

Quote from: Commander Vyper
Lovely job and some nice unknown (to me anyway) minis.

I never saw any of the Demonblade figures before Megaminis got the licence last year.  Its an oddball range, but it covers some peculiar but fun niches like robot cowboys, sci-fi Skaven etc.

Quote from: Commander Vyper
Would be great for Rogue Trader mutants and definately cursed earth Judge Dredd stuff.

My thoughts exactly.  The two-headed mutant looks very similar to one of the old Citadel Dredd mutant figures in fact.

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2011, 11:18:59 AM »
lovely stuff. you can make a wonderful team here!

Offline James Holloway

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2011, 01:53:34 PM »
Man, I never liked those Demonblade figures when they came out, but your paint jobs really give them a lot of character and charm. Nice work!

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2011, 07:17:33 PM »
Any idea if Mega Mini's doing the GWAR line that Shockforce produced...? Still trying to get my hands on that World Maggot.

i just got the Reply from Megaminis:No Gwar Minis  :'(

Offline Wolf 359

• Scientist
    • WhatThe?!Miniatures
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2011, 05:08:31 AM »

i just got the Reply from Megaminis:No Gwar Minis  :'(

Damn the bad luck. Annnnnd, the Excelsior Forum (where I was hoping to find the elusive World Maggot), denied my membership request, evidently thinking I was a spambot. I'm going to go drink now.....

One miniature is too many, and a thousand are not enough...

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2011, 09:49:45 AM »

Given the copyright thing and the demand for the minis-last auction I saw went over a few hundred dollars- I'm sure you could speculate on motives. If anyone stole to recast and sell there's been no evidence of it, though.

See TMP.
But it is a bit of a smoking gun - 'hey, these minis from this mould look just like the ones that were stolen...'

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2011, 05:34:14 PM »
But it is a bit of a smoking gun - 'hey, these minis from this mould look just like the ones that were stolen...'

Only ones I've seen on ebay were either in box (for the insane money) or painted in a lot of other shockforce minis and went for a very reasonable price. If anyone pinched the mould to spin it they've not got anywhere near ebay.