Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:51:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: WW2 vehicles models  (Read 2820 times)

Offline Wiking

• Student
WW2 vehicles models
« on: September 28, 2011, 03:37:19 PM »
A question for connoisseurs.
I'm going to order a WW2 vehicles models and have already chosen two firms: Warlord Games and Die Waffenkammer. Could you advise which models are better?
 Dimensions seem the same. Is the quality of both good or they are something different.
I looked at WK, machinery are made of plastic and no metal. Hence, it is more convenient for painting.
Some models of WG have metal parts. For example, a barrel of guns. They looks good as well. But regarding models from other firms - for example Panther Ausf A, Panther Ausf G, Panzer IV AUSF H Mit Schurzen - not clear for me...
I kindly ask your advice.

Offline jtrnka

• Scientist
    • http://www.diewaffenkammer.com
Re: WW2 vehicles models
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 04:52:55 PM »
Jeff from JTFM/Die Waffenkammer here.  :)

All of our vehicles are highly detailed 100% resin castings, no metal components to glue on as those fiddly parts are all part of the cast. Plus all of our vehicles come with stowage and crew figures.

Cheers,

Jeff @ JTFM

Offline Skrapwelder

• Mastermind
  • Pluviophile
    • What Ho, Cythereans!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 06:03:23 PM »
I have nothing but praise for the Die Waffenkammer vehicles. I ordered them through North Bay Hobbies and the service is excellent. The models are great. Completely resin kits with lots of stowage bits to customize and very well packaged. I've got about 6 various models with a bunch more on the way and not a single broken piece.

I've only had one experience with Warlord for some miniatures and it had some serious delays but I think that was the exception. I've got some models coming from them due later this week so we'll see how they compare.

Offline Colonel Tubby

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 06:10:17 PM »
I have only Warlord veichles in my collection - but that's because my whole British force is by them!

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 08:36:57 PM »
The two companies are in my collection. Price and quality is what I'm looking for. I do lean towards Die Waffenkammer for both those conditions. Naturally Warlords do offer some vehicles that Die Waffenkammer don't have in their listings so again it depends on what you are seeking for the period in question.

Cheers,

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Online infelix

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 08:51:47 PM »
I have a couple of vehicles from Warlord and they have all been very nice casts with hardly any flash etc The detail is also very crisp and they look damn good.

I haven't had the pleasure of dealing with Die Waffenkammer yet but I have never heard anything but praise, both regarding the quality and service.

Offline Aldramelech

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 08:53:44 PM »
I have the Die Waffenkammer NBFZ 1V and I have to say it is the best vehicle kit Ive ever seen.

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 09:12:02 PM »
I don't have any Warlord vehicles(or JFTM  either really) but I did get some of JFTMs heavy German guns and I must say I was really impressed! They are all resin arty pieces and they went together easier than any metal gun I have ever had(and I have quite a few)
Company B also do some real nice models and Army Group North too.

Offline Wiking

• Student
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 04:01:20 PM »
Thanks to all for your replies!

Offline Wiking

• Student
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 04:16:59 PM »
Jeff from JTFM/Die Waffenkammer here.  :)

All of our vehicles are highly detailed 100% resin castings, no metal components to glue on as those fiddly parts are all part of the cast. Plus all of our vehicles come with stowage and crew figures.

Cheers,

Jeff @ JTFM

I plan to visit Crisis 2011. And I know that Caliver Books will present there. Do you cooperate with CB by this time? and I would buy vehicles there in order to touch them before  ;) 

Offline jtrnka

• Scientist
    • http://www.diewaffenkammer.com
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 05:16:48 PM »
I'm not sure if Caliver Books will have my vehicles at Crisis, unless they've received a restock from NorthStar Figures. I'm not sure where you're located, Wiking, but if you can get the Battlefield Berlin in Berlin, Germany, I believe they have some of my vehicles in their displays.  :)

Cheers,

Jeff

Offline Galland

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 06:34:21 PM »
I have vehicles from both companies, and I must say that the Waffenkammer are a bit more crisp and sharp in their details, and hence they would be my recomendation, but as Tankgirl are saying, I would go for both, if they have what you need, their sortiment sort of compliment each other a bit.
I have from the Waffenkammer:

Marder II - Beutiful model, it really is.

Köningstiger - It is a beast, but a finely modelled one :)

Land-Wassewr-Schlepper - it is, to say the least, fantastic

And lastly I have their Kriegslokomotive, easily the most awsome model in my small collection!

I only have the StugIIIG from Warlords, and it is a fine model, and fully adequate for its purpose. Not as crisp in its details as the Waffenkammer vehicles that I have, but still a fine model. I will however purchase the Waffenkammer Stug sooner or later, along with some other of their new models like the Krupp Protze.
Tintin - Pulp Adventures in a orderly fashion
Gallows Falls - Western Village
Eisende - Mordheim costal village WIP
Rome - SPQR & Hail Caesar