Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:45:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691091
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Kingdom of Hatay Tank  (Read 4280 times)

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
Kingdom of Hatay Tank
« on: October 22, 2011, 06:50:13 PM »
...rumour that Copplestone are going to be releasing this (Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade) in the near future.....Remember where you heard it first!
"...and as always, we are dealing with strange forces far beyond our comprehension...."

All limitations are self imposed.  Work hard and dream big.

Offline Bugsda

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Kingdom of Hatay Tank
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 07:51:28 PM »
...rumour that Copplestone are going to be releasing this (Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade) in the near future.....Remember where you heard it first!

That would be ultra cool  8)
Well I've lead an evil life, so they say, but I'll outrun the Devil on judgement day.

Offline Trooper

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 09:37:44 PM »
That would be spiffing, I know Pardulon did a very nice version of this a couple of years back, and it was a good size and was only £30.00, but they fell foul of the copyright if my memory serves me well. I hope that Copplestone will avoid the same pitfall, as the movie merchandising versions are as rare as Rocking horse poo.
They will not force us,
They will stop degrading us,
They will not control us,
We will be victorious!!

Offline area23

• Mastermind
    • area23
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 08:26:05 PM »
Being based on a real tank, only with a hatch added on top, I don't believe it would be an issue.

If true, it would be very nice!! CC's armoured cars are all amazing pieces.
If you don't believe in lead, you're already dead.
+++AREA23 BLOG+++

Offline AzSteven

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 06:25:33 PM »
Being based on a real tank, only with a hatch added on top, I don't believe it would be an issue.

If true, it would be very nice!! CC's armoured cars are all amazing pieces.

Actually its not an existing tank design - it was built specifically for the movie with enough changes from teh Mark VIII design to make it recognizable as a unique design.  The original tank, last I heard, is still sitting next to the Indiana Jones stunt show pavilion and may not be in the best condition - it was barely visible among some plants and other stunt show vehicles when I was there last.

From Wiki: "Mechanical effects supervisor George Gibbs said The Last Crusade was the most difficult film of his career. He visited a museum to negotiate renting a small French World War I tank, but decided he wanted to make one. The tank was based on the Tank Mark VIII, which was 36 feet and 28 tons. Gibbs built the tank over the framework of a 28-ton excavator and added seven ton tracks that were driven by two automatic hydraulic pumps, each connected to a Range Rover V8 engine. Gibbs built the tank from steel rather than aluminum or fiberglass because it would allow the realistically suspensionless vehicle to endure the rocky surfaces. Unlike its historical counterpart—which had four side guns—the tank had a turret and two guns on its sides. It took four months to build and was transported to Almería on a Short Belfast plane and then a low loader truck."

I wonder if maybe they could do a Mark VIII with four gun sponson, but do it in a way that you could use all four for a Mark VIII, or just two and a turret appliance for the movie tank?  Regardless I hope he makes this vehicle - I will definitely need one!

« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 06:28:44 PM by AzSteven »

Offline Jim French

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 09:26:49 PM »
Not sure if they are still available, but my buddy Mike picked up a couple of pre-builts at Disneyland about 2 years back.  They look suitable for use with 28mm troops.  You might try e-bay under Disney memorabilia or Disney Collectibles.

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 09:01:38 AM »
From what my sources tell me, it will be released imminently.  And it will be a monster...

Offline Remington

• Mastermind
  • Who? Where? Say what now?
    • The Doc's Diary
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 09:50:15 AM »
Do your sources say anything else about new BoB stuff by Mark? In an email he once hinted towards an armoured car crew, but that's now more than a year ago.

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 10:24:22 AM »
Dunno, I'll ask.

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
  • Sometimes I feel like Schroedinger's Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 06:32:09 AM »
I'm a big Copplestone fan a would LOVE to see just about any WWI British landslip-like tank.  My Vickers Independent needs a buddy.