Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:06:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690991
  • Total Topics: 118362
  • Online Today: 742
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Is Atomic Cafe dead???  (Read 12783 times)

Offline brigadegames

• Scientist
    • BrigadeGames.com
Re: Is Atomic Cafe dead???
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 11:00:21 PM »
I'm with you, Lon. You need enough sells to go further. But you won't sell the new stuff, when there are no rules. For the soviets and the Hillbillies/Ape there are no rules or ideas. Maybe you can work on this problem...

A topic of discussion for my next lunch with Rich as we work nearby.

Lon Weiss
BrigadeGames
Boot Hill

http://www.BrigadeGames.com

http://www.BrigadeGamesMinis.com

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/brigadegames

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BrigadeGames

IG: https://www.instagram.com/BrigadeGames<br /

Offline brigadegames

• Scientist
    • BrigadeGames.com
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 11:11:27 PM »
 One thing I would like is if they were available individually.  I could use some more Mooseketeers or Kit Kat girls, but I don't need the whole pack.  Maybe a set or an individual figure that is customizable.

If you have purchased the full sets I certainly would be willing to sell additional figures to help you make larger units. But I don't want to part out the packs for every Tom, Dick and Harry, only customers of the actual full packs. It takes just as much effort to cast one figure as a whole pack.

Offline brigadegames

• Scientist
    • BrigadeGames.com
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 11:15:42 PM »
M38 Jeep, M37 Truck, M59 APC, M20 Bazooka Team... just saying...  ;)

I think a head sprue is certainly a possibility.

FYI - we carry the M38 jeeps and M37 Dodge Truck from CompanyB so we would not be replicating those.

The M59 would be too late for the game really.

A bazooka team is always possible as well.

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2011, 07:29:03 AM »
for me it is not dead ,I still play it and painting figures for the game .
I build a 20feet woman and paint som rafm motorbikes for the cops also I working on more terrain.
and the good thing is I can now post pictures again !!!!!!! (after 10 month)
I also thinking to make some rules for Graboids ,20feet woman and the blob .

also I need some greassers for a few convertions a new brute and some civilian  :)

so its still alive  :)
Grimm
ttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Grimms-Hangar/196455560521708

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 08:15:05 AM »
As you see, lads, Atomic cafe wasn’t dead, it was just sleeping and waiting for Grimm getting his internet back  :)

I’m looking forward to see Grimm’s new stuff!

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2011, 08:22:36 AM »
Good Idea for Lon, next figure should be a greaser grimm ;)
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2011, 09:21:10 AM »
Mmmmm... Atomic Cafe... one of those purchases I never got around to  :?

I sincerely hope that it will thrive for quite some time; it is high on my (long) list of wanted games, but, alas, before I find a new job, I cannot begin planning purchases in new areas....
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2011, 09:37:00 AM »
for me it is not dead ,I still play it and painting figures for the game .
I build a 20feet woman and paint som rafm motorbikes for the cops also I working on more terrain.
and the good thing is I can now post pictures again !!!!!!! (after 10 month)
I also thinking to make some rules for Graboids ,20feet woman and the blob .

also I need some greassers for a few convertions a new brute and some civilian  :)

so its still alive  :)
Grimm

Grimm I have a spare greaser gang somewhere if you are interested in trades  ;)

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2011, 12:04:57 PM »
I think a head sprue is certainly a possibility.

FYI - we carry the M38 jeeps and M37 Dodge Truck from CompanyB so we would not be replicating those.

The M59 would be too late for the game really.

A bazooka team is always possible as well.

I know Company B do a number of Willys Jeeps and the Dodge WC-51, but I didn't know about the M38 and M37... where are these hidden away?  :)

The M59 went into service in 1954 to replace the M75... to be honest I would prefer the M75, but I thought the M59 would have more legs commercially as they were used in Vietnam by the South Vietnamese (800+).  I was going to suggest the M56 SPAT too, also used in Vietnam, but I didn't think 'heavy gear' was really where AC57 should go and I was pushing it suggesting the M59 tbh.  ;)

An M20 Bazooka team fits for me though, not too destructive, very iconic for the period and noticeably different to the WW2 variant as it's comically bigger and therefore AC57 worthy imo (especially if you get the smallest extra in the movie to carry it).

As for anything else US Army-wise I'd be content to convert existing WW2 figures where possible, for which a 'Ridgeway Cap' head sprue, or even another with the hat Elvis is wearing above, would be most useful to individualise figures within a unit (I tend to go to platoon sized units where I can).

While I'm moaning and suggesting about the US figures... where's the M1 Carbine and M3 Greasegun?  ;)

Out of interest... I really did like the inclusion of a civilian hunting rifle with the Greasers. It's very rare to find figures toting non-military weapons, which I think would be more common. Hopefully its something that will continue with future packs!

As you see, lads, Atomic cafe wasn’t dead, it was just sleeping and waiting for Grimm getting his internet back  :)

I’m looking forward to see Grimm’s new stuff!

lol

Me too.. Grimm's stuff really inspired me to get into this, rather than just sit there and think "wow! cool minis".
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 12:08:22 PM by Arlequín »

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2011, 01:18:34 PM »
As is always the way with things, the more people post pictures of the figures they are painting, games they've played, or plans they have for terrain, the more it spurs everyone on to get on with their own projects.

If you love AC57, contribute to the threads on LAF, and elsewhere, and everyone will benefit, especially if it generates more sales for Brigade, as this will hopefully lead to more figures in the long run.

8)

Offline Big Martin

• Scientist
  • Wargamer, Re-enactor & Failed Historian
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2011, 01:30:26 PM »
I'm with Argonor - interested but too much else going on to do it justice yet.

Keep up the good work.
Tutenes, Atque Cujus Exercitus?

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2011, 01:58:48 PM »
As is always the way with things, the more people post pictures of the figures they are painting, games they've played, or plans they have for terrain, the more it spurs everyone on to get on with their own projects.

If you love AC57, contribute to the threads on LAF, and elsewhere, and everyone will benefit, especially if it generates more sales for Brigade, as this will hopefully lead to more figures in the long run.

that :)

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2011, 02:27:26 PM »

8)

Damn you for your objective and rational posts!  ;)

Offline Hildred Castaigne

• Scientist
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2011, 02:43:45 PM »
This thread really has come back to life!

I've been after 50s US Army figures for ages. I'm not fussed about flak jackets, but Ridgeway caps are a must!

Women's clothing changed dramatically and men's clothing enough for your gangsters to be all 'old timers' by the cut of their suits. Tommy guns with drum mags would also be archaic. Casual clothing was more common and different to the 20s too.

I knew I couldn't be the only one who wants to see US Army for the 1950s!
I know flak jackets weren't very common, but a man can dream! lol
I'm the meantime I'm planning on getting my hands on some of the  Federal Defence Force in NBC hoods. I don't know when or if any I'll see a range of 1950s US army, at least the FDF in NBC kit be used alone in Atomic Age pulp games.

I had known women's clothes had changed but a bit of research confirms you're right about men's clothes too, they are very different. As for casual clothes, out with the Panama hats and in with the Hawaiian shirts!

P.S. Ridgeway caps aren't an option, they must be done!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 02:55:02 PM by Hildred Castaigne »

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2011, 03:25:48 PM »
Yes I'm a victim of blatant cultural imperialism.  ;)

A youth spent with the old-old school 'Action Men' (G.I. Joe), MASH and Phil Silvers on TV, and watching Pork Chop Hill, Bridges at Toko-Ri, The Hunters, Them! etc on a Saturday afternoon, has left me with an abiding desire to recreate 50's and early 60's US military forces in miniature. Let's face it, the war in Vietnam went downhill once they started wearing baggy jungle fatigues, using Mattel rifles, and stopped using white nametags and t-shirts.