Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:39:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691136
  • Total Topics: 118375
  • Online Today: 905
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Darkest Africa Triumph & Tragedy Game & Some Questio  (Read 2958 times)

Offline R A Norton

• Assistant
    • http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/human37a/
Darkest Africa Triumph & Tragedy Game & Some Questio
« on: December 06, 2007, 02:06:20 AM »
Hello Bjorn & Christian,

We just played your game last night - here in San Diego, California - and had a terrific time.  Very fun rules.  I was the GM and we had four players.  Everyone had the system down by the second turn and the game flowed quickly.  We played the scenario "The Ivory Gauntlet" from the Crisis giveaway.  I added an additional unit for each side to accommodate more players.  The natives were victorious as the Ivory Hunters were unable to force a passage across the river.

We had a few questions that I was hoping you could clarify.

1. We played the jungle as "Difficult Terrain."  How far can units see to fire into and out of the jungle?  If two units are in the jungle can they see each other?  We played you could see/fire 2" in and out.

2.  Do you have to see a unit at the start of your move in order to charge it?

3.  When the shooting modifiers make it impossible to roll high enough to hit, we played as though the unit could not fire.  Is this correct?

4.  The rules state you must move the FULL DISTANCE ROLLED (pg 10) when using the "Fast Move' order.  The card says you "Move up to 6+2D6."  Which is correct?

5.  If two units with the same initiative both use the order "Move & Shoot," and they are targeting each other, does the shooting take place before each unit moves or after?

Thanks for your help,
Rich N.

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 07:52:21 AM »
Hi Rich,

thanks for playing and we are glad you and your friends enjoyed T+T. We wanted to create a flowing game with  easy to understand rules.

I try to answer all questions as good as I can :wink:

1. please check page 12.
If there is no other terrain piece in the LOS you can simply fire into the jungle. Treat the jungle as cover, even if the figures are not properly covered by wood, or rocks. Otherwise just use common sense and increase or decrease the cover modifier.

2. Yes

3. Yes. If you like you can play that the order has to be executed. That adds more spice to the game especially when firing muskets. Or when you play a scenario with limited ammo.

4. You have to move the full distance. Page 10 + 11. We must change the card  :oops:

5. Shooting takes place before they move. But the modifier for move and shoot is used.

Hope that helps a little.
Cheers
Björn

P.S. More scenarios will come soon. Also for DA !!
, ,

Offline R A Norton

• Assistant
    • http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/human37a/
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 04:34:09 PM »
Bjorn,  

Thanks for your quick reply!

Rich