Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:55:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Grabber for new VSF Campaign  (Read 848 times)

Offline gloriousbattle

• Mad Scientist
  • Oi! Dat's My Leg!
Grabber for new VSF Campaign
« on: January 07, 2012, 05:38:37 PM »
This is the document that will begin my new VSF campaign, starting tomorrow.  As some of you may be aware, I have been on a quest for a large number of VSF sourcebooks, and this campaign, if successful, will take the players across the world and through the solar system.  Several of my players have never done VSF/Steampunk before, but everybody knows Sherlock Holmes.

http://tinyurl.com/7s45hm5
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 06:45:03 PM by gloriousbattle »

Offline gloriousbattle

• Mad Scientist
  • Oi! Dat's My Leg!
Re: Grabber for new VSF Campaign
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 12:46:16 AM »
http://s866.photobucket.com/albums/ab228/gloriousbattle/Treasure_of_the_Barbary_Pirates_DnD_Adventure/

Had some grand old fashioned D&D fun with this today.  Our first day of play in this new campaign.  Holmes is missing, they found Watson's body :o in the custody of mysterious robed figures with whom the heroes had a shoot out.  After being defeated by the heroes, the villains invoked the dark gods and bit down on cyanide capsules.  The PCs set sail for the far east via the Suez Canal, but Deep Ones :o :o sabotaged it (and maybe also called up that big storm  :o :o :o ).

Now they are shipwrecked on the coast of Morocco and after wandering three days without food or water, managed to find both, as well as the pirate skeleton clutching the map to the Turkish fortress, and Kara Ali Mustafa's gold!

Again, this was grand fun, and their problems with the ghostly pirates and the very living French Foreign Legion will not begin until next weekend.

Anyway, it was a blast.  I wrote the adventure in about an hour and a half, and did it in the style I used to in high school.  Lots of combat, quick descriptions and a fun twist that the players must figure out, if they are to succeed.

After this, they'll have to make it across the desert, pursued by Arab horsemen (and probably Sergeant Maléfique as well), and, if they live through the intrigues of Morocco, where the French, the Spanish, and the Arabs and Berbers of the Rif all scheme and battle for control of the ancient Sultanate (courtesy of Chaosium's Secrets of Morocco).

Will they make it to Marakech, and perhaps a ship bound for the east, where they can continue the search for the missing detective, or will their bones litter the sands, as those of so many adventurers before them have done?

In all, everyone enjoyed the game, and it looks like this will be a great campaign indeed.  Just great old skool fun.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 12:58:03 AM by gloriousbattle »