Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:24:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Khandibarian artillery  (Read 4013 times)

Offline Volleyfire!

• Scientist
  • At 100 yards................Volleyfire!!!
Re: Khandibarian artillery
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 09:58:25 PM »
[/img]
Egyptian defenders await the Yorks/Lancs whilst the Sudanese Infantry advance in the centre to storm the garrison during the 2nd Battle of Khit Khat. Egyptian Gendarmes look on to the rear of the British, brought along to show their fellow countrymen that not all Egyptians are disloyal. Unfortunately the cavalry failed to give a good account of themselves and were slaughtered by the Bazingers and Bashi Bazouks on the Egyptian left flank.
[/img]
1st Battle of Khit Khat. Yorks/Lancs fresh off the boat (painting table hence unfinished bases) line up with the Sudanese to attempt a frontal assault. This, along with a screw gun fresh off the boat(painting table), was the Imperial force for the first battle. The force was wiped out before reaching the garrison. The Gendarmes never really got stuck in leaving the Infantry to take all the punishment.

[/img]
The garrison of Khit Khat showing the Bazingers and Bashis on the left flank, 2 Krupps with support in the town and more troops on the right flank. The Egyptian General's steamer provides support and a possible escape route should his plan go wrong. Keep the engine running Captain!
[/img]
2nd battle of Khit Khat.
[/img]
Yorks/Lancs on left flank about to cross a dry wadi during 2nd battle with on their right flank a contingent of KRRC which included a sniper who proved invaluable in picking off the Krupp gun crews. Sudanese advance in the centre.
[/img]
Naval Brigade during 2nd battle of Khit Khat with Gardner gun and a small contingent of RMLI supporting their right flank.
[/img]
[/img]
All figures are Perry, bases are Warbases with figs on pennies so I can use different rules/scenarios. Rules used for this were A Good Dusting. Played v well but we should have downrated the Egyptian forces firepower a bit. Second game was closer than the first thanks to the British reinforcements, and the Egyptian General had to seek the safety of his getaway steamer!!
Egyptian forces for the 1st and 2nd Battle of Khit Khat were 2 units Egyptian fellahin, 1 unit Bazingers, 1 unit split into 2 of Bashi Bazouks, 2 Krupps and Artillery support from the steamer.
1st BATTLE OF KK the Imperial force was the Yorks & Lancs, 3 units Sudanese and an RA screw gun plus a unit of Gendarmes.
2nd Battle of KK added a tiny unit (sniper) of KRRC, small unit of RMLI, Naval Brgade and a Gardner gun.
The Battle of Dhoub-el-Decka should be much more interesting.
Egyptian Rebel force consists of: 2 units Egyptian foot, 3 x Sudanese, 1 x Bazingers, 1 x BB, 2 Krupps, 1 X Gendarmes, 1 x mounted BB, 1 small Unit Cuirassiers.
Imperial forces consists of: KRRC, RMLI, Black Watch, 5th Sikhs, Yorks & Lancs, Heavy Camel Corps, ( + the Berks if they get off the boat in time), Naval Brigade, Gatling & Gardner guns, RA screw gun, 9th Bengal lancers and 13th Bengal lancers, Hospital unit, Helio unit. Same rules being used as before. Hope to have pics next week.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 11:01:48 PM by Volleyfire! »

Offline Paul

• Mastermind
    • Paulīs Bods
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 12:12:10 PM »
 :-* :-* :-* Lovely looking game!!!!
I like the gunboat..scratchbuilt???
And walls..of course..I need walls  :)
I knew the truck didnīt want to hit me...it had dodge written on the front

Paulīs Bods Blog
Federation of Bodstonia

Offline Volleyfire!

• Scientist
  • At 100 yards................Volleyfire!!!
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 01:27:13 PM »
Thanks Paul, the buildings and walls are Hovels, the Gunboat is by PMC Games and came off eBay. The Egyptians wil also have sandbags for the next Battle as supplies have just arrived from Arcane Scenery. I think they'll need them!

Offline Paul

• Mastermind
    • Paulīs Bods
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 03:46:05 PM »
Thanks  :)
Iīm going to scratchbuild a gunboat..I havenīt found one in 1/72nd, Basically, Iīm too lazy to look  :D

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2012, 07:10:43 PM »
That is one great looking battle!

:-*  :P :-*