Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:16:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Dracula Chapter 4  (Read 23456 times)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Dracula Chapter 4
« on: December 21, 2007, 02:29:26 PM »
Captains Log, The Demeter, Varna to Whitby

Written 18 July, things so strange happening, that I shall keep accurate note henceforth till we land:

On 6 July we finished taking in cargo, silver sand and 50 boxes of earth bound for London. At noon set sail. East wind, fresh. Crew, five hands . . . two mates, cook, and myself, (captain).

On 13 July passed Cape Matapan. Crew dissatisfied about something. Seemed scared, but would not speak out.

On 14 July was somewhat anxious about crew. Men all steady fellows, who sailed with me before. Mate could not make out what was wrong. They only told him there was something, and crossed themselves.

On 16 July mate reported in the morning that one of the crew, Petrofsky, was missing. Men more downcast than ever. All said they expected something of the kind, but would not say more than there was SOMETHING aboard.

On 17 July, yesterday, one of the men, Olgaren, came to my cabin, and in an awestruck way confided to me that he thought there was a strange man aboard the ship.  He was in a panic of superstitious fear, and I am afraid the panic may spread.

Later in the day I got together the whole crew, and told them, as they evidently thought there was some one in the ship, we would search from stem to stern. . We left no corner unsearched. As there were only the big wooden boxes, there were no odd corners where a man could hide.

22nd of July, the ship passed Gibraltar with apparently no further problems. Two days later, however, another man is lost, and the remaining men grow panicky and frightened.

Augsut 3rd. In a panic, the mate, a Roumanian, hisses, "It is here." (The mate thinks that "it" is in the hold, perhaps "in one of the boxes.)" The mate descends into the hold, only to come flying from the hold moments later, screaming in terror, telling me "He is there. I know the secret now." In despair, the mate throws himself overboard, preferring drowning to a confrontation with "the thing."

4 August.--Still fog, which the sunrise cannot pierce, I know there is sunrise because I am a sailor, why else I know not. I dared not go below, I dared not leave the helm, so here all night I stayed, and in the dimness of the night I saw it, Him! God, forgive me, but the mate was right to jump overboard.But I am captain, and I must not leave my ship.  But I shall baffle this fiend or monster, for I shall tie my hands to the wheel when my strength begins to fail, and along with them I shall tie that which He, It, dare not touch.  And then, come good wind or foul, I shall save my soul, and my honour as a captain.

CUTTING FROM "THE DAILYGRAPH," 8 AUGUST
(PASTED IN MINA MURRAY'S JOURNAL)

One of the greatest and suddenest storms on record has just been experienced here, with results both strange and unique...Before long the searchlight discovered some distance away a schooner with all sails set.The wind had by this time backed to the east, and there was a shudder amongst the watchers on the cliff as they realized the terrible danger in which she now was.
Between her and the port lay the great flat reef on which so many good ships have from time to time suffered, and, with the wind blowing from its present quarter,it would be quite impossible that she should fetch the entrance of the harbour.

There was of course a considerable concussion as the vessel drove up on the sand heap. Every spar, rope, and stay was strained,and some of the `top-hammer' came crashing down. But, strangest of all,the very instant the shore was touched, an immense dog sprang up on deck from below,as if shot up by the concussion, and running forward, jumped from the bow on the sand.

Mina Harkers Journal
Augsut 10th Poor Lucy seemed much upset. She was restless and uneasy all the time,and I cannot but think that her dreaming at night is telling on her. She is quite odd in one thing. She will not admit to me that there is any cause for restlessness, or if there be, she does not understand it herself.

Coming soon...... The Vampire Lucy :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Dracula Chapter 4
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 02:35:28 PM »
Now that is Fantastic Malamute :o  :mrgreen:  :love:  :D

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
Dracula Chapter 4
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 02:51:55 PM »
SO BEAUTIFUL

Ships and sailors.

Wolves and vampires.

Great writing and photography...

Offline meninobesta

• Mad Scientist
  • Bastard Saint, Scorn of the Earth
Dracula Chapter 4
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 02:53:00 PM »
what's that F-word? :?:

ah! Fantastic!  :o  :)
Cheers,
Pedro

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
Dracula Chapter 4
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 03:19:19 PM »
What a nice Christmas gift Mr Malamute  :love:

Cheers
Björn
, ,

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
Dracula Chapter 4
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 03:31:28 PM »
That ship is fantastic. I love all of the detailing like the anchors, ratlines, and bell. The sails look very good also.

Offline SgtPerry

• Mad Scientist
    • Perry's Heroes
Dracula Chapter 4
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 03:37:11 PM »
It's fantastic! :love:

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Dracula Chapter 4
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 03:46:14 PM »
Lovely ship - thanks for the treat, Malamute :) :) :)

Offline W.B.Kurgan

• Scientist
Dracula Chapter 4
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 04:16:49 PM »
.......! :o
Mein Flugzeug ist kaputt!

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
Dracula Chapter 4
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 06:01:19 PM »
:love:

What a fantastic ship!

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
Dracula Chapter 4
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2007, 08:12:31 AM »
great! the story gets better everytime! the ship and crew look fantastic!

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
Dracula Chapter 4
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2007, 09:55:58 AM »
:love:  :love:  your terrain and storytelling are amazing ,i love to see your storys here .

how did you make the sails of the ship ?

grimm
ttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Grimms-Hangar/196455560521708

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
Dracula Chapter 4
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2007, 10:00:12 AM »
So good, so exciting!!!

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Dracula Chapter 4
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2007, 10:34:54 AM »
Quote from: "Grimm"
:love:  :love:  your terrain and storytelling are amazing ,i love to see your storys here .

how did you make the sails of the ship ?

grimm

The sails were taken from a wooden sailing ship model. I cannot take any of ht ecredit for the ship. It was rigged and the detailing added by a good friend of mine.

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
Dracula Chapter 4
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2007, 03:43:29 PM »
.....and the detailing added by a good friend of mine.

Anyway I look at your london buildings and I say it again "AMAZING`` :love:  :mrgreen: