Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:44:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691112
  • Total Topics: 118374
  • Online Today: 905
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: It's not all Red in the North! VBCW Derbyshire and Sheffield  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Meier_Elf_Fanatic

• Mastermind
  • I am of course, a nomad of the time streams.
    • The Life And Times Of A Gaming Geek
It's not all Red in the North! VBCW Derbyshire and Sheffield
« on: February 24, 2012, 09:06:40 PM »
Hi All.

I am currently writing a big chunk of background and uniform information for the Duke Of Devonshire's Own 'The Devonshire Greens' , a regiment-sized army grouping made up of estate workers and nationalist supporters drawn from the Derbyshire Estates of Chatsworth, Haddon and Hassop under the command of the Duke.

BUF forces billeted and commanded from Renishaw Hall on the Derbyshire/Sheffield border. Of course this stately home, the seat of the Sitwells is intricately connected with Moseley and the Fascists in Britain. Of course two of the Mitford sisters connect Chatsworth and Renishaw and thus the Duke of Devonshire is allied with the The BUF locally but more along the lines of seeing off the Communist threat from the steel and coal areas of Yorkshire and North Derbyshire. As an aside Eva Braun's nightdress is exhibited at Renishaw today along with some interesting period photos)

The Sheffield Freikorps of 'Sheffield Lasses' are the widows, wives and sisters of those workers (mostly the 'Little Mesters' - Sheffield's independent cutlers and jewellers, who did not rally to the union-led Communist cause and who were either beaten, imprisoned or murdered when the Don Valley rose up and the River Don ran red, both politically and literally.

Ostensibly the above form a brigade which is a potent force in it's own right combining pro-Royalist/Nationalist leanings with a basic aim to free the mills and steel works

Lovatt's Scouts and the League Of St John of Jerusalem - A Georgian brigade raised by the Fraser family comprising the Lovatt Scouts and a regiment of 'Knights Hospitaller' funded by the Order of St John of Jerusalem and under the leadership of the Scottish Commandery of that order and the Sinclairs of Rosslyn fame. Such is the financial backing of this brigade that it is rumoured to have air assets and armour at it's disposal.

My brother and I are currently working on painting up miniatures for the above together with a colleague who has raised the Russo-Irish forces (BOOO! HISSS!) of the Wirral Flotilla which includes the landlocked survivors of a scuppered Russian vessel.

As I'm a pro-painter of some prowess, by trade since I quit the Civil Service I will provide some 'eye candy' in support of the above.

Any interest chaps?

Cheers

Mark
If you intend to bugger about in the time stream, dress accordingly!

Conflict In Colour - Knocking out painted armies for the connoisseur since about 8AM.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
Re: It's not all Red in the North! VBCW Derbyshire and Sheffield
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 10:16:31 PM »
Sounds good to me
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 03:13:09 AM »
looking forward to seeing what you put out.  :D
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 07:11:25 AM »
Excellent scenario.  Look forward to seeing the troops
"...and as always, we are dealing with strange forces far beyond our comprehension...."

All limitations are self imposed.  Work hard and dream big.