Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:10:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690515
  • Total Topics: 118335
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Legionairre questions from a newbie  (Read 1714 times)

Offline doug6125

• Student
Legionairre questions from a newbie
« on: March 27, 2012, 09:54:56 PM »
I'm loving the look of the Artizans but prefer the OG pose's, advancing with packs and bayonets fitted.  Does artizan have any plans to bring similiar models out? lots of the artizans seem to be without packs but after reading 'our friends beneath the sand', I was left with the impression that the legionaires seemed to keep their packs on even when fighting.  Though I understand this seems unlikly, personal exeperiance of body armour, helmet and lots of kit on recent ops confirms to me that it is very possible to fight with lots of weight in a hot climate.  I'd also be interrested in the Askari range but am worried about getting hit with import tax on UK orders - has anyone had a problem with this?

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Re: Legionairre questions from a newbie
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 10:24:34 PM »
  I'd also be interrested in the Askari range but am worried about getting hit with import tax on UK orders - has anyone had a problem with this?

Yes. It was a bad experience with customs when ordering from Askari that put me off buying from outside the EU and I tend not to do so anymore, where figures are concerned at any rate (never seem to have this issue when buying stuff like books or DVDs from the American version of Amazon).

I hasten to add that none of this was the fault of Askari, but of the new(ish) policies of customs and Royal Mail. I don't have a problem with paying my taxes, but the Royal Mail holding my parcel hostage and instead of delivering it (like I have paid them to) sending me a snotty note demanding more payment? Well, that is unacceptable to me. There has to be a better way. Years ago I was stung once buying a Houston's Ships gunboat from America (it used to be that only big parcels attracted the attention of the customs people). The Parcelforce man still delivered it and I paid him the charge on my doorstep. Why the hell can't the Royal Mail do that? Or just send you a bill? No, they'd rather hold it for a while somewhere and send me a letter instead of my parcel, which no doubt I am also paying for.

Besides the inconvenience and anger caused by all that, it makes European miniatures just plain cheaper*, and thus a more attractive option.

*Unless we're talking about Foundry, of course.  :)
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline doug6125

• Student
Re: Legionairre questions from a newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 03:57:18 AM »
Are then the Artizan Legionaires without packs suitable for 1900 though - i thought they fought wearing packs to avoid them being plundered