Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:21:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 10mm Fantasy  (Read 5723 times)

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
Re: 10mm Fantasy
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 08:56:34 PM »
Don't know about soon Binman but definitely some time in the future.  :)

Haven't really looked at any rulesets in depth yet Funghy, but Warmaster seems an obvious choice. I am intrigued by the Battle of the Five Armies but haven't really seen much stuff surface on ebay for it.

Luckily the contact lenses kept most of the blood contained!  o_o

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 09:03:57 PM »
Nice work on these miniatures steve.I have a few set's of them hid away.Wish Mark would do some more to go with them.
Here here

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 09:10:58 PM »
Thanks fellas - I did have a little help from the magnifying lamp I got at christmas.  :D

How do you find working with that? Perhaps I could start?

I know Father Christmas delivered it but any idea of price?

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 09:20:10 PM »
It was a bit weird at first and I do do quite a lot without it.  ::)

The tricky thing is getting used to painting the minis in a position you're not accustomed to and perring through the lens.

Not sure exactly how much it was but it looks a lot like this one -

Ansmann LC8093 Compact Fluorescent Magnifier Table Lamp (Gloss White) - you'll have to google it as  don't seem to be able to make the link work.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 09:22:19 PM by Thantsants »

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2012, 09:24:52 PM »
Thanks

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 05:54:43 PM »
The only thing that disappoints me about Mr. Copplestones 15mm efforts is that he didnt do them in 10mm instead. Beautiful work on some beautiful models!

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2012, 06:18:28 PM »
The only thing that disappoints me about Mr. Copplestones 15mm efforts is that he didnt do them in 10mm instead. Beautiful work on some beautiful models!

Well said that man

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2012, 06:30:39 PM »
Great minis with a fantastic paint job. I have always wanted to do some large scale battles, but I haven't really got further than 28mm skirmishing (with a slight dabbling in 15mm skirmishing on occasion). Your great minis have made me open my eyes a bit and consider doing smaller scales for larger battles - my problem is I always want to represent armies 1:1 on the tabletop.
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 12:37:18 AM »
Rise from your grave...

A bit of Threadomancy I know, but I have a suitable addition to make to my forays into 10mm fantasy gaming - Warmaster Undead archers and cavalry  :D

Having acquired copies of Warmaster, Mighty Empires and Man O war, I've been leaning towards linking in my WFB 3rd ed. projects into a wider campaign in smaller scales; more on the subject here if you're interested -

http://teasgettingcold.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/world-domination.html

Any how, here's the start of the Baron Kraust's grand Undead horde in 10mm.

Archers - as the Warmaster Undead units are based on the new (well to me at least!) and annoyingly Egyptian in style Tomb Kings armies, a few of these skeletons sport slightly more exotic head gear than your average re-animated Old Worlder might. Muted colours hopefully don't make them stand out too much and I'm happy to live the results than try any conversions at this scale!

The level of detail always amazes me for such small minis,. although the arrows look more like bolt thrower ammunition!

Must admit that I found basing a bit fiddly - any old Warmaster hands with any labour saving tips out there would be much appreciated.

They scale up rather well with the Copplestone 10mm fantasy range - here you can see them lined up with the Half Orcs I painted up for the last Lead Painters League over on the LAF.

I really like the Undead cavalry models - again loads of nice detail and they look generic enough to look like ex-Old Worlders.

I went for a brighter scheme with the red cloaks than I might have for 28mm minis, which seemed to work quite nicely. A few touches of verdigris on their bronze helmets and armour gives a little contrast.

Again they scale up nicely with the Copplestone 10mm - this time with the Horse Tribe cavalry.

Hey, wait a minute - those are no Uruks!

I am hoping to eventually use the Horse Tribe chaps as some kind of Norse cavalry - perhaps a Mercenary border force? The stat line for the Marauder Horse from the Chaos army list looks like it would fit quite nicely.

I'll be periodically painting up bits and pieces of 10mm in between my Lustrian and other projects - makes a nice change to get a large number of minis painted in a relatively short time  :)