Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:16:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Repainted Hero Clix Judge Dredd  (Read 2427 times)

Offline Roebeast45

• Mad Scientist
    • Roebeast's Magical House of Sunshine
Repainted Hero Clix Judge Dredd
« on: April 13, 2012, 08:39:56 PM »
This is the first mini that I've painted in months. It was a challenge to get my close-up focus back.  >:(
But I'm pretty happy with it and am setting aside more time to paint every week. It's like meditation for me.

Stripping the goopy paint off of a Hero Clix figure was hit or miss. I used an adhesive remover and although it took off paint well it also softened detail quite a bit. At one point these minis were detailed and well sculpted. It's a shame that they never released good copies of them.

"This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure."

-- Winston Churchill

Visit Roebeast's Magical House of Sunshine! http://roebeast.blogspot.com/
And RSquared Studios: www.rsquaredcomics.com

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
Re: Repainted Hero Clix Judge Dredd
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 08:56:10 PM »

Nice, Dredd looks cool.

I also mostly went for the yellow rather than gold look for my Dredd stuff, so I approve of your interpretation ;)

I have also seen your work on the Citi-Def in the final shot before: they look fantastic, all the more so considering the models that the are based on.

You may already know, but the same sculptor who sculpted the 'clix also sculpted the later Foundry 2000ad stuff, so they have that detail that you crave and in the same sculpting style.  At a significantly increased price of course...

Whats next for Mega City 1?

Offline Roebeast45

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 11:48:54 PM »
Whats next for Mega City 1?

Now I'm working on the Hero Clix Judge Hershey and then finishing the Mongoose Citi-Def heavy weapons teams. I'm also working on a series of articles about building vehicles and buildings for Mega City 1.

I like the Foundry minis but haven't picked any up yet and I'm still trying to finish all of the Mongoose ones that I've got.

I still haven't tried out the Mongoose rules but they seem pretty useable.

And thanks for the compliments!

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 12:30:21 AM »
 Nice painting on the miniature.I have a few of the Clix pieces knocking around.Just been listing my Mongoose pieces onto Ebay.Also got some Citadel one's to list.Dave Thomas has had the Foundry pieces for sale at show's for £2.00 each.Love the Slaine pieces.

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 12:47:00 AM »
Dave Thomas has had the Foundry pieces for sale at show's for £2.00 each.Love the Slaine pieces.

Good grief!!! Every time I think about picking up some Foundry JD stuff the prices push me away. Now all I have to do is find a show this Dave Thomas guy will be at and fly over the ocean to get them.  :'( Even with the plane ticket it'll probably be less then shipping. 

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 10:12:38 AM »
Good grief!!! Every time I think about picking up some Foundry JD stuff the prices push me away. Now all I have to do is find a show this Dave Thomas guy will be at and fly over the ocean to get them.  :'( Even with the plane ticket it'll probably be less then shipping. 

Or you could ask someone to look for them for you ;).

When I was at the WMMS show this year I pointed out to two different people that Dave had the JD stuff for sale.Like you say nice prices too.

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 11:30:28 AM »
...At one point these minis were detailed and well sculpted...

The best Heroclix stripping job that I have seen was done by sundayhero here.  Maybe that thread might have some tips that help further attempts to paint clix.

I recently painted the 'clix Judge Fear without stripping it.  It worked out adequately in the end, but it was a chore.

...finishing the Mongoose Citi-Def heavy weapons teams.

Are they the new figures that showed up at a US show last year that havent been released yet?  Or are they further conversions of the plastics? Or something else?

I'm also working on a series of articles about building vehicles and buildings for Mega City 1.

With your experience of this sort of thing I cant wait to see what you come up with :)

I have a whole load of bits and pieces squirreled away for my Mega City One building project.  Now that my wasteland/Cursed Earth terrain is nearly finished I am getting close to a point that I can start work on MC1.

I am very interested to see how you tackle it.

I still haven't tried out the Mongoose rules but they seem pretty useable.

I have played about six or so games using those rules (with another game planned for tomorrow evening actually).  So far I like them.  They are simple, straightforward and dedicated to the Dredd stuff, so I hope that Mongoose continue to develop them for a while yet.

Offline Roebeast45

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 06:04:28 PM »
Good to hear that the rules are pretty solid. I'm hoping to have everything together to start playing by autumn.

I picked up the Citi-Def heavy weapons troopers at Gen Con last year but they don't seem to have made their way to the Mongoose site yet. They are really brilliant. Hopefully Shane Hoyle keeps working on the Dredd line, he really gets it.

http://roebeast.blogspot.com/2011/08/some-new-stuff-from-gen-con-2011.html