Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:54:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1697735
  • Total Topics: 118855
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Lupi Irae (WIP)  (Read 1869 times)

Offline Connann

• Assistant
Lupi Irae (WIP)
« on: May 05, 2012, 07:03:48 PM »
Sorry my friends!!
I was very busy and I didn't reply to your comments in my other thread. Sorry!!

------------------------

After another break, I turn to poste you the progress of my new project, which includes the Khorne terminator that I showed you.

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=40101.msg468809#msg468809

* I made the blood effect with a trick that you can found in Massive Vodoo's blog. They're very inspirational!!

http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com.es/2008/01/tutorial-pintar-de-sangre.html

Ps. Sorry for the pics, but I used my phone camera... and those are the only pics that I've got.

As I said, I begin a new project, and I want to try a lot of things on it. Meanwhile, I am going to teach you my two new figures that will compose the scene. First of all I show you a great Thunder Wolf, a new GW's miniature. I recommend it, because is very detailed.

This kit has a lot of pieces to do an impressive wolf, but I decided to mount a Wolf without many bionic implant.
I used another figure, a Fenris's Wolf, an aggressive wolf.

I painted it like a real wolves, with brown and natural colors, having white as base. In my project I need contrast between all the parts, That's why I chose this scheme.

------------------------

TERRAIN

Well, I show you the advances of the terrain that I'm working on. In this base I'm going to put the Khorne terminator and the space wolves.

My first idea was to recreate a temple, or at least an access to a sanctuary with columns, or something similar. An evocative place of a remote past. And also, I tried to generate a majestic environmet putting a big architectural elements (columns).

I used cork for the base, because it seems like real stone, and I put it inclined. After many tests of angle, I began the anchorage of the pieces in the wood base.

I saw that there were empty zones in the base, that's why I created a false screen with a few small wood sticks. A few roots, plants and grass complete the area. I added the chains and other decorative elements to express my idea of the sanctuary.

PAINT: bases with airbrush (brown camouflage, stone and sand) and successive washes in blue, red, yellow, green, brown... The other effects (rusts...) complete the scene.

------------------------

Now I post you the rider of the wolves, a space marine of the Space Wolf chapter. I like very much those miniatures, with the mix between the animal and the high technology of the space marine armor. It is a very good combination, I think.

I changed only the angle of the chest, to improve the dynamism and lines of vision of the scene.

PAINT: airbrush and paintbrush, NO SECRETS!

------------------------

This work is almost finished!!

There comes the moment to put all the pieces in its place. I'm doing several changes to the disposition of the pieces on the base (to get more dynamism, ...).

I can say that the scene is practically finished, except for the final details ( for example I will add snow to the base).

The name of this work, Lupi Irae (" Wolf's wrath " in Latin), try to reveal the anger of the Space Wolf when a chaotic warrior (Khorne terminator), appears in his chapter's sanctuary.
Nobody will profane our lands!!

Take care and hope you like it!!

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Lupi Irae (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 07:34:28 PM »
That's very cool :o :o

What about adding a dead Space Marine at the feet of the Khrone lord? It might add some story to why the other Space Wolf guy is charging in and why there's not a second guy on the other wolf....

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 03:58:23 AM »
WOW! Stunning work!  :-*

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 05:25:39 PM »
It is nice enough but the face on the marine's wolf seems part-painted. There are highlights all over the fur on the rest of the wolf and then all the detail disappears from the face... it seems un-finished.

Nice work on the marines though (especially the battle damage).

Offline Connann

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 02:17:26 PM »
Thanks a lot for your comments!
No, I decided not to put a dead space wolf near the chaotic warrior, because I want to represent the previously moment of the battle. But thanks a lot for your reply, Andym!

Inso, in the final pics you'll see the face of the space wolf better. And yes, is finished, hehe.

---------------

I'll post you the final photos, but now I show you the finished scene.

As you can see I included snow in the base, that provides to the terrain a cold environment.

The final disposition of the miniatures also has suffered modifications, in order to give a better aesthetic aspect.

I'm satisfied with the final result.

Thanks for read!!

Pd. As soon as possible... new pics!

« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 02:19:06 PM by Connann »