Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 11:26:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1696497
  • Total Topics: 118770
  • Online Today: 566
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) Mike McVey "Sedition Wars"  (Read 75237 times)

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
Re: Mike McVey "Sedition Wars" on kickstarter
« Reply #435 on: October 11, 2013, 01:57:26 PM »
You should post that Akosha picture on the Studio McVey forums.   Folks who thing the scale difference isn't an issue may get their eyes opened.   That is just dreadful and I am amazed (and disappointed) that Mike McVey approved the sculpt and castings.

:(
Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
« Reply #436 on: October 11, 2013, 02:50:49 PM »
Got myself a new card reader and managed to upload the pix I took of Wave 2 minis. The photos didn't turn out very well unfortunately (it was a very dark day when I tried to photograph them) but you'll get the idea of the size issues at least.

The Akoshas were shot with flash, the rest without. None of the Wave 2 models have been cleaned, repositioned or prepared in any way.

http://heros.netai.net/pix/Akosha.jpg
http://heros.netai.net/pix/Vokker-Keegan.jpg
http://heros.netai.net/pix/Wade-Pilot.jpg

:o :'( :o Wow...these are rather shockingly bad!

Blue
My Painting/Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

"Jesus weeps when people buy resin." ...Hammers March 2012

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #437 on: October 11, 2013, 04:57:04 PM »
+1 on what the Cpt. and Blue said.
That Akosha figure is just terrible.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #438 on: October 11, 2013, 05:10:05 PM »
It certainly is noticeable, and I can definitely understand how people are upset about it. Akosha is definitely the worst offender of them in those photos. It's a bit of a shame, but for my own gaming I'm still happy with what I got. I know not everyone is or will be, and it really would have been in Studio McVey's interest to delay things again and try to match the original release. Changing mid-product (since people think of this as all part of Sedition Wars: BfA) was a poor decision.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #439 on: October 11, 2013, 06:09:51 PM »
Worked out that $80 worth of extras will be going back as they're shite.

:(
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #440 on: October 12, 2013, 07:18:45 AM »
You should post that Akosha picture on the Studio McVey forums.   Folks who thing the scale difference isn't an issue may get their eyes opened.
Cyber Akosha is clearly rather badly off the scale and style with the original. The rest aren't nearly so bad as some people complain tho. New iterations of other characters are reputedly smaller than the originals but I can't really vouch for that. Still, the originals were all quite big, probably "heroic" in scale so I'm not too miffed that the new ones are a bit smaller.

Offline Rob_Jedi

• Librarian
    • Rob Jedi's Miniature Blog
« Reply #441 on: October 12, 2013, 08:11:16 AM »
Got mine as well. The terrain set has softish detail and some bad pock marks on the sides of the single doors but are still all incredibly useful. The special character minis that I payed extra for I'm pretty dissapointed with their skinnyness and lack of even vaguely matching scale with the other minis from the game or any other range of minis :( was really looking forward to the not Firefly crew and the not Ripley and Newt which looked great in concept art and nothing but dissapointment in plastic :(
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 01:57:41 AM by Rob_Jedi »

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #442 on: October 14, 2013, 07:21:59 PM »
Well... I decided to open the two boxes I had from the KS today and have a look.

Actually, they aren't bad. A couple minis had some wholes in them, but no real big deal.

Surprisingly, I'm satisfied.

Offline Roon

• Librarian
« Reply #443 on: October 25, 2013, 10:52:34 AM »
Guess I'm one of the overlooked plegers. Contacted CMON and got a quick reply from CMON/Battlefoam UK that my package should be send today or else monday. Now waiting patiently for my package slip and the goodies...

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #444 on: October 25, 2013, 08:14:57 PM »
Guess I'm one of the overlooked plegers. Contacted CMON and got a quick reply from CMON/Battlefoam UK that my package should be send today or else monday. Now waiting patiently for my package slip and the goodies...

Oh, that probably means I'm overlooked too.
Been expecting it for days now.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #445 on: October 25, 2013, 09:33:41 PM »
So far I've only had time to put together a few of the wave 2 items. The hurley drones are very nice. I'm not sure why they're the only ones done in that blue plastic, but they are excellent.

I've also cleaned up and put together all of the bone crabs. These things have pretty prevalent mould lines, made worse by the fact that they have lots of legs. Once cleaned up the look good. Over the top disgusting, but good. I do wish the tails were a little heavier, because they're quite fragile to bending and having stress marks.

The last items I tackled were Ramirez and her necroform. My casting of the necroform was almost flash-free and had good detail. I'm not thrilled with the pose though. The Ramirez figure herself was a nice cast, only a little flash on the one side of her neck and on her leg armour. The joints between her body and gun piece were much easier to deal with than the original Samaritans. In my opinion she looks fine mixed in with a squad of Vanguard. She's thinner for sure, but doesn't look out of place to me.

Offline Penfold

• Assistant
« Reply #446 on: October 26, 2013, 06:32:11 PM »
Is anyone else missing the free Volker we were supposed to get for not getting our resin Kara with the first shipment ?

Offline Col. Aubrey Bagshot

• Mad Scientist
  • Remember... something
« Reply #447 on: October 26, 2013, 09:54:26 PM »
I'm also still be waiting for the postman...
Although i get the feeling that I'm not going to be that pleased with the culmination of something i paid for a year ago?

And i do feel sorry for Mike McVey.... sort of...
It sounds like has become a modern day Bjorn Borg....

Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
Spike Milligan

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #448 on: October 27, 2013, 05:41:04 AM »
Is anyone else missing the free Volker we were supposed to get for not getting our resin Kara with the first shipment ?
I seem to recall it was to make up for the delays, actually. But anyhow, I've heard of some who didn't get it. It was most often missing from early packages send from the European end IIRC. Nothing to do about it but to complain to CMON and/or Studio McVey.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #449 on: October 27, 2013, 01:00:13 PM »

And i do feel sorry for Mike McVey.... sort of...
It sounds like has become a modern day Bjorn Borg....

I don't.  After the response I got from him when I emailed. Yes I think he got shafted by COM, but whose project was it in the first place and where was the quality control?

If he was that bothered regarding hs reputation he should've maintained better levels of control.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 08:09:10 PM by Commander Vyper »