Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:01:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Feldrabbiner and other assorted doings  (Read 9411 times)

Offline PeteMurray

• Parapsychologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Cardinal Murray
Feldrabbiner and other assorted doings
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2008, 01:28:04 PM »
I think the thing I like best about your painting and modelling is that it's full of humor. Nobody else would have thought to put Tesco and Aldi logos on the bags of a woman coming from the bazaar, and I think a Feldrabbiner conversion is the last thing on most people's minds.  

It's those infectious little jokes that keep bringing people back. If you pay close enough attention to what you've been doing (or gaming, or writing), there are those little rewards. So I'm very glad you shared them with us, and I hope you get or stay un-slumped in the future.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2008, 02:04:04 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, fellas.

Malamute, the official title of my style is 'Slapdash', but the committee are considering a name-change to 'Copying the Prof.'

More in hope than expectation, it must be said.  :)
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Ironworker

• Mastermind
    • http://ironworkersminiatures.blogspot.com/
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2008, 10:36:50 PM »
I don't know why I didn't comment yesterday when I saw this post the first time but I really like what you have done with these.  The guy in the striped robe is probably my favorite but the Rabbi is pretty unique as well.  Nice work!

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2008, 08:31:55 AM »
Quote from: "Plynkes"
Thanks for the kind words, fellas.

Malamute, the official title of my style is 'Slapdash', but the committee are considering a name-change to 'Copying the Prof.'

More in hope than expectation, it must be said.  :)

You do yourself an injustice. Its not slapdash. I would be very happy to produce that quality and in the same quantity as you have done in january.

I have been suffering from your pre Christmas slump and haven't picked up a paintbrush in months.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2008, 09:20:48 AM »
'Slapdash' describes the method, not always the results. As in 'hasty and careless in execution' or  'In a reckless and haphazard manner.'

Sometimes it all comes together, other times it doesn't. That's the main criticism I have of my own work, I'm inconsistent. Sometimes I'm really impressed with my stuff, and on another day the output won't look so good. It's all down to me because I know I can be lazy and careless, but I don't really want to change my ways. Usually 'getting it on the table' wins over 'must impress those buggers at LAF!'

Also it usually looks brilliant to me until I take a photo of it, and then you notice loads of things you didn't spot before that could have been better. I hate how cameras do that.

Offline Phil Robinson

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://newsfromthefront-phil.blogspot.com/
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2008, 10:13:52 AM »
Splendid work there. Like the oil stains on the tankers knees, thats one idea I will steal :)

Shopping bags are a hoot :lol:

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2008, 12:45:32 PM »
Quote from: "Plynkes"
'Slapdash' describes the method, not always the results. As in 'hasty and careless in execution' or  'In a reckless and haphazard manner.'

hammershield Third Law of Miniature Painting: If you a miniature in a bucket and pour no less than ten shades of acrylic paint of which at least one is burnt umber, laws of chance dictate that at least once within the span of eterity a perfect CMoN 10 rated miniature will emerge, subtly shaded and with NMM details. This is certain. Go on and try it, you know you want to.