Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:52:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Space 1889 figs in the works from RAFM  (Read 8477 times)

Offline mdomino

• Librarian
Re: New Space 1889 figs in the works from RAFM
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2012, 03:46:27 AM »
The stretch goals aren't really stretch goals as I understand them. If the total 18,890 isn't reached, none of the project goes forward. No perks are being added to generate additional interest.
M

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2012, 12:27:06 PM »
The stretch goals aren't really stretch goals as I understand them. If the total 18,890 isn't reached, none of the project goes forward. No perks are being added to generate additional interest.
M

They just sent out an update confirming that, but they also added that after reaching the $18,890 mark they may add further figs, giving a Venusian lizardman in British redcoat as a specific example.  With two weeks to go and less than 10% funding achieved I don't see that being likely, but they might surprise us yet.

In further news, they also announced (on the RAFM site) an undefined price increase on all their minis to take place between August 30th and the end of September.  I didn't notice any upward revisions last I looked, but I expect they'll start phasing in shortly.  All in all, lousy timing and bad news all around, especially since it seems like I probably won't be getting that 40% off pledge discount I'd hoped for from the IndieGoGo project after all.

Offline Laflin and Rand

• Scientist
    • Curses from the Workbench
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2012, 08:34:13 PM »
This whole thing is just terribly timed for me. I pretty much spent my minis budget for the year on RAFM a few months ago.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2012, 12:14:14 AM »
Naw, just embracing the great 'center of nowhere' we so love. Daughter and grandchildren live in Columbia, so they are out of the 'northern Missouri', as I thought you were.

Personally, I wear a Tiger's cap to PO Huskers. The stares I get...

Doug

Edit: Some how I got the impression you lived in my birthplace, St. Louis.

Maplewood, MO.  I usually say Saint Louis because it's easier to find on a map.

Sits astride the Saint Louis County/Saint Louis City County line.

For those who are not familiar with Missouri history - Saint Louis City removed itself from Saint Louis County (essentially forming it's own county) years ago.  The County seems not to have forgiven the City because every attempt to do something jointly, (restore Forest Park, for example,) - and requires a vote - it fails in the county - and concurrently fails in the city by a bigger margin.  I don't get it...  But I don't get "armed neutrality" from 1861 either.  And I am a strong State's Rights advocate!

Gracias,

Glenn
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 12:17:09 AM by Conquistador »
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2012, 05:46:53 PM »
We can agree to disagree on parts, there, but Maplewood is VERY familiar to me.

Grandparents had a brick four-plex we'd visit several summers in a row when I was youngun'.

Local politics give me huge headache; it's St. Louis to me, though I think I was born in the city proper. Barnes Hospital/Med Center/whatever?

The thought of wasting a jewel like Forest...  :'(

Sorry to all for thread hijacking, but burying hatchets other than in each others' head should be viewed by all.

Alas, 11 days, and campaign definitely looks stalled out; kiss those lovely sculpts good-bye.

Doug

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2012, 06:17:04 PM »
<snip local stuff>
Alas, 11 days, and campaign definitely looks stalled out; kiss those lovely sculpts good-bye.

Doug

Too bad, VSF is one of the few 25+mm arenas I still buy figures for so the potential loss is lamentable personally.

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2012, 06:20:58 PM »
<snip>

The thought of wasting a jewel like Forest...  :'(

<snip>

Doug

Fortunately private and corporate interests are keeping that wolf from the door.  Just hit the Zoo in Forest Park with the wife, to my knowledge the only large metro zoo with no admission charge in the USA.

Back on topic, if RAFM loses the right to produce the figures is it likely someone else may pick them up?

Gracias,

Glenn

• Mastermind
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2012, 09:00:29 PM »
Back on topic, if RAFM loses the right to produce the figures is it likely someone else may pick them up?

Given the pathetic take from the crowdfunding effort, I doubt it.  At least Highlander is doing new figs in 15mm.

• Mastermind
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2012, 03:38:12 AM »
Last couple of days for this project.  If you want the existing Space 1889 figs, now is probably a good time to start panic buying them from RAFM while you still can.  They're at less than 10% funding and the license is probably ending shortly.

Very sad.

Offline Tommy20

• Scientist
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2012, 05:34:39 AM »
To be honest, the campaign wasn't very well thought out.  They should have made their goal just enough to renew the license, and then added real stretch rewards for going beyond it.  Also, the steampunk figs they used as enticements didn't have anything to do with Space: 1889.  And yes, despite not caring for the figs offered, I did support the campaign.

They will no doubt keep the human figures available in their historical catalog.  Heres hoping they rebrand the Martians as "Pulp Aliens" to keep them available.
-Tommy

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2012, 08:45:34 PM »
Im still waiting n my moneyback. Has anybody else got theirs yet?

Offline Tommy20

• Scientist
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2012, 11:15:21 PM »
Not here.  According to the website, refunds may take up to 5 days.

Offline Penchour

• Scientist
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2012, 07:38:29 PM »
Looks like indiegogo's campaigns aren't working as good as Kickstarter's ones. Guess the fact you have to pay first, before knowing if the whole project is going to be funded doesnt help  :?

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2012, 02:26:36 AM »
Damn!

:-[   :'(   :(

• Mastermind
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2012, 03:03:23 PM »
For the record, it took the full five days for my refund to arrive, and I suspect that's the norm.  The pennies they make in interest by holding funds as long as possible add up, no doubt.