Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:03:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New 15mm Topgun Grav Tank  (Read 4700 times)

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
New 15mm Topgun Grav Tank
« on: September 13, 2012, 09:15:23 AM »
Our 15mm ultra-high tech Grav Armor range is available again, and we just added a new tank, the Type 13 MkII Heavy Grav Tank.

It has a shorter barrel than our standard Type 13 model, so would work well for a rapid-firing blaster, laser, or other weapon.  With the new, shorter gun, it changes the overall look of the tank considerably.  See below for a pic of the new Type 13 MkII model:

Here's a pic of our standard Type 13 Heavy Grav Tank, with the larger, longer, plasma gun:

If you are unfamiliar with our range of vehicles, this photo will show you how nice our Smooth-hulled models can look, with a decent paint job (this Type 9 Grav Tank Platoon was superbly painted by Richard Meaden):

Here's a pic of our Type 7 Grav Scout (on the left), and our Type 21 Grav APC:

We currently offer 13 different models, in two different hull finishes, e.g. Smooth-hulled, and those with the circular Active Armor Defense System, otherwise known as our AADS, so really 26 different models, counting the two hull styles.

If you'd like more info about this range, e-mail me at the address below, and I will send you a copy of our product catalog:

topgungrav AT yahoo } dot [ com

« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 09:29:20 AM by Mako »

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
Re: New 15mm Topgun Grav Tank
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 09:50:03 AM »
I don't think I've ever seen these before, but they do look very nice.
What sort of price do they go at?
Duncan

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 10:42:32 AM »
Hi Duncan,

Thank you.

They vary in price, from $13.49 - $15.99 US Dollars, and are made of a high-impact polyurethane resin, with metal weapons and accessory bits (small turrets for the IFVs/APCs, Scout, sensor periscopes, small point defense weapons which can be swapped out for the sensor periscopes, etc.).  

We offer discounted pricing for the Platoon Packs (4 vehicles per platoon), and the Company Packs (12 - 16 vehicles, depending upon whether you just want main combatants, or HQ and Support units).  

The Platoon Pack vehicle prices range from $12.50 - $15.00 each, depending upon the models ($49.99 - $59.99 for a platoon of four vehicles).

With our Company Pack pricing, you save a bit more over the individual unit price, e.g. about 10% less than purchasing the models individually.

They compare very favorably in size with other manufacturers models, e.g. GZG, Critical Mass, etc.  

Our smaller vehicles are 75mms long x 43mms wide, and our larger hull designs are 85mms x 55mms.

They are meant to be flyers, so can move as fast as 650 knots in level flight at altitude, and about 200 knots at NOE level, safely.  They can insert on their own from orbit, and when doing so, attain a speed of up to Mach 3 in their dive to the planet's surface below.

We provide both sensor periscopes and the small point defense weapons with all of our tanks, so you can choose which you prefer, or mount the small point defense weapons on the starboard side of the hull glacis, a different location on the turret, etc., as desired, while keeping the periscopes on the turrets.

With our unique magnetic turret mounting system, you can also change the look of your tanks, by placing their turrets in mid-hull, or further to the rear, for a more streamlined look, as shown below, on our Type 9 Grav Tank with AADS:

The above are pics of the same vehicle, and by mounting two magnets along the centerline of the hull, one in front of the other, you can easily change the turret position, as desired.

Let me know if you'd like a copy of our product catalog.  I'll be happy to send one to you, and anyone else that may be interested in our vehicles.

Type 16 Urban Assault Vehicle:

« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 11:05:47 AM by Mako »

Offline Torben

• Scientist
  • Scatterbrained Wargamer!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 12:32:45 PM »
These are so brilliant for a force I'm working on at the moment! I love the overall design of these tanks - sleek and futuristic!

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 11:28:31 AM »
Awesome. Any painting tips on those hexes? LOVE that idea.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 03:52:33 PM »
I believe he used a paper mask for the hexes, and probably blu-tack, or something similar to temporarily affix them to the hull and turret, before airbrushing.

Then again, perhaps blue painters tape, cut out into a hexagonal pattern.  That'd probably be easier to help keep the edges in place, while the paint is sprayed on over them.

Just use MS Word, or a similar program to make a bunch of hexes the same size, cut them out, and apply to the hull and turret.

The camo is quite striking, isn't it!

I really love all of the custom insignia, eyes, vehicle numbers, and other small details he included on the vehicles as well, including the antennae, which are painted white in a few places too, to add interest to them.  Really makes them pop!

Similarly, I've been thinking about using that fine, diamond-shaped vegetable mesh, from those small tomatoes sold in the stores for way too much money.  They come in a red bag, with a yellow cardboard nameplate, if I recall correctly.  Cherry Tomatoes?

Stretch it a bit over the models, tack in place temporarily, and then spray on a second color, after applying a nice basecoat color (letting that dry overnight, or a bit longer, as instructed by the paint manufacturer).

I've seen some GZG, Paladin wheeled tanks on the Warlord's website using that camo scheme, in a two-toned green, and it looked quite striking.  

I think it would look quite good on our tanks as well, especially the smooth-hulled ones.

Here are a few more pics of the unit:

« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 04:03:27 PM by Mako »

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 04:16:21 PM »
Here are a couple more pics, from different angles, of our new Type 13 MkII Grav Tank, since several people have inquired about them:

business end of the tanks weapon

and, a side view of the tank

Both shots show of the surface detailing of the vehicle quite nicely.

This Heavy Grav Tank is large enough, that it can also serve as a vehicle for 20mm scale Sci-Fi gaming too.

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 05:56:25 PM »
Any chance of some pictures with something for scale?

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 05:59:19 AM »
Sure, why not.

Our Type 7 - 12 hulls are 75mms long x 43mms wide, and our Type 13, 14, and 21 - 24 are 85mms x 55mms.  The overall height of our Type 9 and 11 Tanks are 21mms, and our Type 13 and Type 14 models are 23mms, if I recall correctly.  The heights do not include the small, removable point defense weapons, or the sensor periscopes for their turrets.

They are comparable in size to many of the GZG, CMG, and other ranges, overall, if perhaps a bit wider (for the Heavy Tank models, and IFVs/APCs), since in some cases they are a little lower in overall height to comparable types.  That makes them more stealthy, and harder to hit.

Here's a pic of our Type 7 Scout, with 15mm armed astronauts from RAFM (from the old Traveller range, and used with permission from RAFM):

Here's our Type 22 IFV (same size hull as the Type 21 - 24 vehicles), on a thin base, so it appears to be hovering (3mms thick, if I recall correctly), with a couple of GZG 15mm New Israeli troops for scale (used with permission from Jon, of GZG):

Here's an overhead image of our Type 9 and Type 11 Grav Tanks shown alongside GZG's Advanced and Hi-Tech Grav Tanks for size:

Finally, here's another overhead image of our Heavy Tanks alongside the GZG Advanced and Hi-Tech Grav Tanks as well:

Just in case any of you are interested, I've updated our catalog too, showing all of the current models we have in production, as well as with a couple of prototype photos of our Type 12 Grav Tank Hunter - Missile Armed variant.  The latter isn't available yet, but should be for sale before Christmas.

Send me an e-mail, to the following address,  if you'd like an updated copy of our Grav Armor catalog, with all the nice new pics:

topgungrav AT yahoo {dot [com

Of course, if you can't wait for that, you can click below, to see most of them on-line.  I'll be adding more pics here as well, as time permits, including for our Type 8 AA Point Defense/Mortar vehicles, and Type 24 Heavy Mortar vehicles.  The prototype Type 12 Tank Hunter - Missile armed variants are already up on the site:

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e368/Top_Gun_Ace/15mm%20Grav%20Tanks%20and%20Armor/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 06:07:26 AM by Mako »

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 06:48:25 AM »
They are lovely!

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2012, 09:05:42 AM »
Here are some other pics from our Grav Armor range.

First off, the Type 8 Grav AA Point Defense Vehicle - shown with the anti-aircraft turrets in two different positions.  With our unique magnetic turret mounting system, you can place the turrets along the centerline of the hulls, as desired, fore and aft, for a customized look to your units.  As you can see, they look quite different, from one another.

Type 8 Grav Mortar Vehicle - again, you have the option of placing the turrets fore, or aft, as desired.

Both of our Type 8 models are available in the Smooth-hulled variants as well.

Type 10 Grav Tank Hunter - this baby is another one of our favorites, and mounts a very powerful weapon in a small package.  The energy from this weapon gets so hot, that the bulged barrel collector is required to store it, just before release, in order to avoid adversely affecting the crew in the vehicle.  

« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 09:09:18 AM by Mako »

Offline Mako

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2012, 09:18:25 AM »
Type 11 Grav Medium Tank.  This vehicle sports a long, thin weapon barrel, and is a fast, well armed Grav Tank.  Usually, more than a match for most opponents:

Prototype of our Type 12 Grav Tank Hunter - Missile.  This vehicle can fire all four missiles at once, at four separate targets, or may allocate one or more missiles per target, as desired.  It can engage enemy armor, VTOL, and aircraft units with its missiles.  In addition it may also engage infantry on the ground, or flying, when using rocket and/or grav belts, with the offensive capabilities of the AADS launchers mounted in its hull.

It is not currently for sale, but should be available before Christmas - as soon as we can get copies of the missile turret produced.  

It is shown in both the Smooth-hulled, and AADS variants (both willl have a smooth turret finish, since it needs fewer AADS launchers for self-protection, because it usually stalks enemy units stealthily).

Both variants will be provided with the small point defense balls for the turret, and the sensor periscopes as well, as for all of our other Grav Tanks.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 09:27:35 AM by Mako »

Offline zorg

• Librarian
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 09:47:02 AM »
The minis look nice. A webstore might be a good idea... :)
understanding is a three-edged sword