Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:58:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 100 Club  “Jazz Band” Figures Offer From Eureka Miniatures!  (Read 1522 times)

Offline The Virtual Armchair Gen.

• Student
100 Club  “Jazz Band” Figures Offer From Eureka Miniatures!
« on: September 14, 2012, 08:39:04 PM »
Recently, TVAG was reminded on a thread at The Miniatures Page, that Nic Robson of Eureka Miniatures had a 28mm “1920’s Jazz Band” on their “100 Club” list.  This, or something very like it, has been a major wish-list item of mine for some years, if only in order to populate the Art Deco “Night Club” of our “Mean Sets” line of war game interiors. 

Following the provided lead, TVAG had the pleasure of corresponding with Nic as I added my name to those also supporting its creation and release.  Unfortunately, of the ostensible 150 (evidence of inflation?) required pledges to have a “100 Club” item put on the queue of projects to launch, I learned I was only #8, and this “several years” after it was first listed.

But having provided Nic with a PDF of the “Night Club” design, he confessed the new “Art Deco feel is just right,” and that if he could get even only 20 more people to pre-order, he would “certainly get it made.”

Nic went on to say that sculptor Alan Marsh happens also to be a fan of Jazz Bands of the 1920’s and has definite ideas of what it would contain.  The all Black members would be the standard line up of 3 front men (Clarinet, Trumpet and Trombone) with 2 man rhythm section (Drums, Piano, Banjo/Guitar or perhaps Double Bass). 

A few E-mails later, and his outstanding offer was to produce the “Jazz Band” if by September 24 of this month he received at least 20 commitments to buy at least one set, he would give Alan the green light to go into full sculpting mode and make this wonderful set happen.   The anticipated price is AUD $20.00 ($20.77 USD as of 9/9/12), which is a bargain either way.

Happily, the minimum number was reached on Sept. 13, so he has sweetened the offer.  He will also authorize the sculpting of a female Band Singer (think Ethel Waters or Bessie Smith), and even the “Dancing Couples,” if he can get at least another 20 pre-orders by the last day of
September.

If this is something you would appreciate, please act right away by following this link http://eurekamin.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=87_88_89&products_id=9422 and selecting the Jazz Band and/or Dancing Couples.  Indicate in an E-mail if you wish to buy the Singer figure as an addition to the price of the Band.

In tough times, it’s a measure of Nic and Alan’s love of the subject that they are willing to work to produce these items even with far fewer pre-orders than usual, so please reward them with your patronage!

TVAG