Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:35:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: If you could have your own range?  (Read 7661 times)

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
Re: If you could have your own range?
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2012, 08:18:44 PM »
I'd settle for any scale but my preferences would that they be somewhere between mid-calf to mid thigh high on a 25 mm tall human figure.

...So 6mm high then?

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2012, 02:52:33 AM »
Dian and Kunming figures in 15mm and 28mm.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2012, 01:15:07 AM »
...So 6mm high then?

In an ideal world, yes that would work.

More realistically, I would probably accept 10/15 mm sized figures since these are (in Earthman terms) Mutant Mice...

My "Medieval mice" from various sources run the gamut from 15 to 25 mm tall but we are talking not commercially available now but designed from ground up.

Gracias,

Glenn

Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline abdul666lw

• Scientist
    • Lacepulp & High Adventure (board)
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2012, 03:19:48 PM »
18th C. female soldiers
(basically an extension of the Eureka 'Sandras' range ) in less... 'demure',
and 18th C.  swashbuckling / 'Lacepunk'  female adventurers / heroes

In 28mm: since women are on the average more petite than men, they would be compatible with realistically proportioned 30mm males (Minden &c...) as well as with 28mm males.

Offline Bergil

• Mad Scientist
  • Toy maker
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2012, 04:12:18 PM »
Anthro creatures, either sci fi or fantasy imagery included.

But hey, I'm sculpting that stuff right now :)

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2012, 06:12:12 PM »
A modern range of 28mm Traveller aliens - specifically Vargr, Aslan Hivers, Ithklur and Droyne.  K'kree too, if I thought someone could make a good job of them.  A good mix of military and civilian.

I'm aware that Regiment Games already do some good space catmen, and Bronze Age minis have a quartet of beautiful SF wolfmen.

Actually, a range of properly alien aliens is another good idea.  Not necessarily things like super-intelligent shades of the colour blue  ;D, but beings that are clearly built differently from us humans.  I've done the "sticking the skaven head on a space marine" and it doesn't really work - they end up looking like humans in masks.  Even dogs and cats, for example, are digitigrade (walk on their toes), so that backwards kink in their hind legs is actually the ankle.

As mentioned in another thread, I have my eye on a couple of the Dreadball teams for conversion.

Come to think of it Bergil, I'd buy anthro SF figures ;)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 06:15:32 PM by Momotaro »

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2012, 06:14:17 PM »
Double post, dammit  :(

Offline SBRPearce

• Mad Scientist
    • "The Cellar-Dweller" blog
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2012, 01:43:29 PM »
Some dynamic modern first-responders and civilians.

A full-on Rollerball team. From the original 1970s film, not the "Remake That Shall Not Be Mentioned". Yeah, I know I could probably convert from some of the less freakish fantasy football teams out there, but I don't wanna A) support that cruft by buying it or B) spend my limited time fiddling with them...

28mm or 15mm Kafers from 2300 AD. Probably 15s, for Tomorrow's War games... GZG's "Crusties" don't look right, sorry.
from Mr.Vampire: "It's the paintjob that makes the miniature fight harder not the size."

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2012, 02:23:01 PM »
Actually, a range of properly alien aliens is another good idea.  Not necessarily things like super-intelligent shades of the colour blue  ;D, but beings that are clearly built differently from us humans
Since you mentioned it, I heartily second it! There are some random alien types available that aren't of the "dude in the suit"/"tv-scifish funny forehead" variety basically but not enough and not in complete ranges. Smaller scales are I think being better serviced in this regard.

Having more human (and xenoc) civilians in a "futuristic future" style (@ Governance of Technology, Infinity, Sedition Wars) wouldn't hurt too much either tho there are several pretty good ones already (especially for GOT). Also more civvy vehicles (of non-hover variety if you please) tho there may just be some on the way as we speak.

A few "futuristic future" buildings wouldn't certainly hurt either, tho they would prolly be plenty expensive to produce. In a pinch, try art-decoish stuff for crossmarket appeal to dieselpunk and Eldar afficionadoes.

In the spirit of non-humanoid "exotic" aliens, also suitable terrain pieces other than buildings. Weird flora and fauna analogues mostly, that is.

And finally, a complete range of Defiance: Vital Ground minis (from the official background, that is). Starting with the Altai preferably to sort out some of the shortage of nonhumanoids in one fell swoop. This is actually what I'd do as the very first thing tho if I actually had the funds to go ahead with it so I suppose it might be the actual answer to the question in the thread title. Others are just basically listings of my pet peeves (as in, the lack of X being a peeve).

All of the above are for 28mm scale BTW -- unabashedly selfishly, as I don't game any other scales 8)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 02:27:08 PM by tnjrp »

Offline black hat miniatures

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.blackhat.co.uk/
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2012, 02:27:07 PM »
A modern range of 28mm Traveller aliens - specifically Vargr, Aslan Hivers, Ithklur and Droyne.  K'kree too, if I thought someone could make a good job of them.  A good mix of military and civilian.

I'm aware that Regiment Games already do some good space catmen, and Bronze Age minis have a quartet of beautiful SF wolfmen.

Actually, a range of properly alien aliens is another good idea.  Not necessarily things like super-intelligent shades of the colour blue  ;D, but beings that are clearly built differently from us humans.  I've done the "sticking the skaven head on a space marine" and it doesn't really work - they end up looking like humans in masks.  Even dogs and cats, for example, are digitigrade (walk on their toes), so that backwards kink in their hind legs is actually the ankle.

Well, we have a number of alien looking aliens in our Cobalt-1 range, including Wolfmen....

Mike
Mike Lewis

Black Hat Miniatures
www.blackhat.co.uk

Offline sukhe_bator

• Mastermind
  • bad hair day
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2012, 02:34:28 PM »
I'd put in an appeal for some 25mm medieval and Islamic engineers and siege crew for use in both Medieval and fantasy settings. Not everyone wants warmachines with their crew. I use a whole range of kits and conversions and always need the extra men.
Also shaggy and hairy barbarian tribesmen - not the host of pec-wielding Conan/Schwarzenegger clones that seem to abound, for wargaming those climates where any bare bits showing would break off with the cold!
Warriors dreams, summer grasses, all that remains

Offline Hildred Castaigne

• Scientist
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2012, 03:05:10 PM »
Also shaggy and hairy barbarian tribesmen - not the host of pec-wielding Conan/Schwarzenegger clones that seem to abound, for wargaming those climates where any bare bits showing would break off with the cold!
So, wildlings?  ;)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2012, 03:11:20 PM »
Well, we have a number of alien looking aliens in our Cobalt-1 range, including Wolfmen....

Mike

Yarp and they are very nice too so cover my bases

For me, I think I would like a full on post apoc/Horror range covering gangs of Werewolves, vampires etc similar in line to Blade or Underworld but with lots and lots of the buggers. Westwind dont appeal and it was a missed opportunity whilst I picked up a couple of packs from an old range whihc would fit. Closest and they are proxies for me atm are the Heresy gangers

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 03:15:52 PM by Lowtardog »

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2012, 03:24:58 PM »
if i could have my own Range i would make:

Masters of the Universe in 28mm,all of them,even Faker lol

( Todd Mcfarlanes) Spawn in 28mm,again pretty much everyone who ever appeared in the Comics ;D ;D

Breaking Bad Minis (say my Name!)

Online Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2012, 04:04:18 PM »
I'd get either the Perrys to revisit their baroque looking, Starblazers style Citadel Spacefarers range from the early 80s, and bring them up to date scale-wise, or get Mark Copplestone or Paul Hicks to redo them.

Mmmmm… Spacefarers…  :P