Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:16:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Bazaar of Obscurities FAQ's  (Read 23817 times)

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Re: Bazaar of Obscurities FAQ's
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 01:33:49 AM »
I like the changes.

Would it make sense to have a separate board for people posting greens for sale?

Probably just having (SALE - GREENS) would suffice, or something similar.

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Christian

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ... standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • INCLTVS REX - Late Antique wargames blog
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 02:29:31 AM »
Probably just having (SALE - GREENS) would suffice, or something similar.

cheers

James

I guess what I had in mind would also be a place for sculptors to post up commission adverts and things. I know FU!UK does something similar, so it might eb doubling up.

But yes, that would also be a good idea :)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2012, 07:05:17 AM »
Not sure if we shall make a new board as we not really have that many sculptors as Frothers. Just post it to Sale/Trade board.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 05:37:37 PM »
Hi,

I'm a bit stuck (again!  ??? :)).

How do I post on the Ebay board? I've read through the rules and I am still none the wiser.

Cheers,
Darrell.

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 11:31:33 PM »
You need to be a supporting member.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 01:18:29 AM »
Say Prof and/or Chris, do you think it might be a good idea to have a "Thanks for the good trade (or sale)" thread? It could be a third fixed thread besides the rules and FAQ.

I'd say we could also post them in the thread where the trade/sale was initiated, since we're only supposed to have one thread each, but if those are going to be pruned, then a responsible trader who doesn't trade very often might still lose the record of what thanks they'd received. Also, if we posted a "wanted" thread and someone replies, it's kind of silly to post the thanks in our own wanted thread instead of something linked to the sender.

The board's a fairly small community overall and most of the members know each other moderately well, but you know never know. Having some form of recorded trade feedback might come in handy now and again.

Let me know what you think!

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 09:58:24 AM »
Hi,

I'm a bit stuck (again!  ??? :)).

How do I post on the Ebay board? I've read through the rules and I am still none the wiser.

Cheers,
Darrell.

You have to become a Supporting Member to be able to post on Ebay Board. Posting of Ebay auctions on LAF for regular members isn't allowed.

Say Prof and/or Chris, do you think it might be a good idea to have a "Thanks for the good trade (or sale)" thread? It could be a third fixed thread besides the rules and FAQ.

I'd say we could also post them in the thread where the trade/sale was initiated, since we're only supposed to have one thread each, but if those are going to be pruned, then a responsible trader who doesn't trade very often might still lose the record of what thanks they'd received. Also, if we posted a "wanted" thread and someone replies, it's kind of silly to post the thanks in our own wanted thread instead of something linked to the sender.

The board's a fairly small community overall and most of the members know each other moderately well, but you know never know. Having some form of recorded trade feedback might come in handy now and again.

Let me know what you think!

This thread would very quickly turn into a very long one and an occassional trader "who doesn't trade very often" wouldn't be really able to read all that or make a view from it.

Apart from that this thread would become very emotional from time to time, as soon as someone would post some negative feedback and the other site would come to strike back. This will be just uncontrollable. That all would make that place a bit to uncomfortable for us all. And after managing several of such situations on PM way I can tell you that the most of these emotions aren't really objective and factual. 

We're not a professional trade platform with feedback systems and endless features and I don't want this place to be something like that. It did work the usual way since about six years so I would like to hope that it still does. Perhaps one day we will see that this forum is becoming too large and we've got bad traders too regularly. In this case I maybe will set up more strictly restrictions for the participants or do something else as I am definitely not able to garantuee any purchase safety and I'm also not able to manage all these cases.

But I'm here an I try to help as much as I can.

For the moment..we won't change anything. No Feedback board or thread. Because it's a really a can of worms and I'm not keen about opening it. Feel free to post your Feedback to the threads, btw the most of them will be moved to Archiv and not really deleted.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 12:13:32 AM »
I figured there'd be some points on the other side of things, so that's more than fair. In my case it was almost more of a courtesy thing, but I can see how that'd just be needless clutter as it's own thread.

Hopefully there won't be an actual need for a feedback record anytime soon. 

Offline ilikepaintinglead

• Librarian
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 11:40:10 PM »
Not really sure if this right place for this but is the Bazaar only for the sale of mini's and RPG related things or would it be ok for me to list some music CD's I need to shift?
My Blog:
http://ilikepaintinglead.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2013, 08:22:10 AM »
Not really sure if this right place for this but is the Bazaar only for the sale of mini's and RPG related things or would it be ok for me to list some music CD's I need to shift?

I like the concept except for two things:

1) Slippery slope - where do you draw the line?

2) This is a miniatures oriented site, I think it should stay that way.

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2013, 03:47:48 PM »
Hello.

I have a few related questions.

Why am I not allowed to edit or remove my threads, when they have been moved to the archive?

In my example I have a wanted thread which I did not update for a month and it was moved to archive. After that has happened I have got hold of the miniatures I was searching for and as such wanted to go and remove the thread but I could not do so.

I know the thread is now in archive and as such should be considered invalid. But it might turn up in other peoples search and they might contact me about it in the future. I know this is currently hypothetic, but I have previously found thread in the archive by search and sometimes contacted sellers about stuff down there.

I think the archive is fine, but I still think thread creators should be able to delete threads if they are no longer valid.

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2013, 04:03:35 PM »
Generally we consider all the archive threads to be closed and not valid. That's what the people searching there should be knowing.

I prefer the Bazaar threads not to be deleted. If something goes wrong and there are troubles on the one side of the deal, I still will be able to check the thread and maybe to get some kind of history, if available there.

So if it's important to you, just do care and purge or change your thread within the 30 days after the last reply had been posted to it. If you didn’t manage it and you think it’s very important to delete that thread in the archive so let me know and I will do it for you.

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2013, 04:23:40 PM »
Yes, I see the point. If you want you can delete my (Wanted) Space SLann thread as I have them all now.

For the future I will delete before time runs out if needed. Thanks for the fast reply.

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2014, 08:43:46 PM »
I'd like to suggest some updating of doc/FAQ for the various fora is called for. I've seen some things moved to COMMERCIAL which I thought were supposed to be in themed. I've even seen a Kickstarter moved, and the Bazaar FAQ still points to:

"Kickstarter & Co

please post all funding platform related threads to appropriate board (theme based). "

Some fora have FAQ's, some don't.

Just saying.

Doug

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2014, 09:52:49 PM »
I'd like to suggest some updating of doc/FAQ for the various fora is called for. I've seen some things moved to COMMERCIAL which I thought were supposed to be in themed.

I agree, but that's not an FAQ issue it's the mods not having read it...

I know the reason Nick at North Star stopped posting here was because he got sick of his posts being moved to Commercial even though he was following the FAQ as far as he could see (and not mass cross posting like a couple of recent ones, which is annoying).
So many projects..... so little time.......