Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:58:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691075
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 723
Total: 730

Recent

Author Topic: Kickstarter for Dominion of the Gods - Mythological game  (Read 8584 times)

Offline ComfyGuy

• Student
Re: Kickstarter for Dominion of the Gods - Mythological game
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 07:00:55 PM »
The next painted model I expect is Ares, but he's not in any of the box sets. He is however in a stretch goal that I may move up.

Also, we had a pledge for 5K that we are working out the details of his sponsored QuickStart box. We should hopefully have the box figured out by weeks end, have some art and be able to offer it as well.

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
  • (A.K.A. Doctor Warlock)
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 07:16:04 PM »
Great Stuff!

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind" ~ H. P. Lovecraft

https://www.facebook.com/nexus.miniatures

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2012, 04:00:45 PM »
Here's the green for Achilles, and boy is he pretty:

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2012, 04:05:52 PM »
The next painted model I expect is Ares, but he's not in any of the box sets. He is however in a stretch goal that I may move up.

Please do move him up. He's a beautiful model that I would love to get my hands on.

Also, we had a pledge for 5K that we are working out the details of his sponsored QuickStart box. We should hopefully have the box figured out by weeks end, have some art and be able to offer it as well.

I can't wait to see how this turns out!

Offline ComfyGuy

• Student
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2012, 05:40:48 PM »
Heres the heads up on what we are offering now.

If you have already pledged, then your pledge will automatically be upgraded.

The Greek box set will be getting the five original models plus the special edition kickstarter cyclops with alternate weapons.

The Norse box set will be getting a second frost giant (the Frost giant is being sculpted with two different weapons you can choose from.)

The Celtic box set will get a second Fomori Warrior added to it.

The H.P. Lovecraft box set will receive a third Mi-go in the box set.

This is a great deal, we are not throwing in an extra 28 mm model, we are throwing in an extra model that is over 40 mm tall! So if you haven't pledged yet, stop on by and see were offering!

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 05:53:29 PM »
FAN-FRACKING-TASTIC!!!!

Offline Laughing Ferret

• Scientist
    • Laughing Ferret Lab Hobby Blog
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2012, 12:54:40 AM »
I'm in  :D

Interestingly enough I had an idea for a game a lot like this about 6 years ago- compiled a lot of notes on rules & such, so I definitely approve of the concept  ;) 

Only thing that slightly bothers me is the game doesn't seem to care about (for lack of a better term) alignment within faction: there are giants and Thor on the same team for example... how are they not at each other's throats? I suppose it can be a case of 'fight alongside your enemy when threatened by a rival pantheon' but it still feels a bit odd.  Not enough to keep me from jumping in though  ;)  But I would suggest that down the line when you expand and get more options for factions that a pantheon gets divided into good & evil 'lists' -mortals would likely work for either side. There are so many gods heroes and monsters for all the mythologies, I was compiling stats for about 20-30 for about 10 factions, so I know the options are there- I hope this takes off and we see a lot more!
"If History teaches us anything, it is that people don't really learn from history."

Hobby Pledge 2014: Bought: .  Painted: . (Pure hobby: no commissions included)
Hobby Blog is here: http://laughingferret.blogspot.com/
Commission Studio is here: http://www.laughingferretstudio

Offline ComfyGuy

• Student
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2012, 12:47:21 PM »
Well, the idea is that all Mythologies are fighting to become the dominant "religion" again, so if the Aesir win then the Giants will be feared again. If not, they fade back into near obscurity (except for Mythology buffs who read about them but don't worship.) So the lure of "power like in the old days" is enough to get them working together for a little.

Fluffy players will make fluffy lists, power players will make strong builds. Theres enough to make everyone happy. As a side note, some Gods like Loki work much better with the Jotun than Thor does.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2012, 01:47:08 PM »
Well, the idea is that all Mythologies are fighting to become the dominant "religion" again, so if the Aesir win then the Giants will be feared again. If not, they fade back into near obscurity (except for Mythology buffs who read about them but don't worship.)
Does that mean we get to field Jesus (H.) Christ and his band of "merry" angels too? It would stand to reason that the "current management" doesn't look well on competition from the "old guard"...

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2012, 04:19:51 PM »
I'm going to bump this one. Four days to go and waaaayyyyy off target - which is a shame because I would love to see these minis in production. Cross your fingers!

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2012, 04:29:24 PM »
I'm going to bump this one. Four days to go and waaaayyyyy off target - which is a shame because I would love to see these minis in production. Cross your fingers!

Merv has assured me these Miniatures will see production, its just without Kickstarter funds it's going to take longer.

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2012, 05:53:09 PM »
Merv has assured me these Miniatures will see production, its just without Kickstarter funds it's going to take longer.

Thats great!

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2012, 06:12:37 PM »
I thought so too - I love the concept!!!

Offline Laughing Ferret

• Scientist
    • Laughing Ferret Lab Hobby Blog
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2012, 07:09:34 PM »
What a shame. I am very interested, as is a friend of mine.  I plugged it on my blog and pledged for the Greek faction.
I think the high final goal scared people off. Granted the final days are usually a big jump, but that might be more about people throwing in more for bonus stretch goal goodies, and that's for projects that are past their goal.  Even Mantic's Dreadball had a goal of $20k, and Dominion is set at $35k.

It's a good idea and I'm sure it'd be popular enough, but my instinct says the large target goal scared people off. The benefits and 'freebies' compared to other projects are not very big.  Most of the stretch goals were options to purchase more, rather than more give-aways, and with the high final goal, it didn't look like stretch goals would be met.  The average consumer is probably thinking 'I get a 2nd large creature for my pledge' which isn't bad at all, but compared to the load of free extras that some other minis projects are doing, it isn't as enticing.

Not trying to slam them- I think it's a worthy project, I am backing it myself.  Just in the environment as it stands now, I think it needed a lower goal and tempting 'free items' for conceivably attainable stretch goals to compete with the other projects out there, and motivate people to commit their money.  Coming right after some wallet-draining minis kickstarters like Reaper Bones & Dreadball probably isn't helping either.

Offline Van-Helsing

• Mastermind
    • Nexus Miniatures
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2012, 08:02:51 PM »
The thing is, the Bigger companies are simply using Kickstarter for advance orders and the "pimp" their products. They have the bunce to give stuff away willy nilly - smaller companies do not.