Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:19:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Khurasan releases 15mm Autonomous Small Vehicles (ASVs)  (Read 1920 times)

Offline Khurasan Miniatures

• Mastermind
  • Miniature manufacturer to the stars
    • Khurasan Miniatures
Khurasan releases 15mm Autonomous Small Vehicles (ASVs)
« on: December 10, 2012, 04:26:49 PM »
We're very pleased to release our range of 15mm ASVs -- autonomous small vehicles, which are used by the Federal Army to supplement, and sometimes largely replace, the human presence in an infantry battalion.  These vehicles can either be set to HIM (human intervention mode) or can be allowed to run fully autonomous.  There are usually multiple self-aware AI systems on each ASV, which together carry out the ASV's mission.

The basic chassis is the same for all missions, but the payload can vary considerably, to conduct a wide variety of missions.  ASVs can be seen as the heavy weapons "trooper" in a squad, or the "mule" carrying the squad's packs or ammo, or as the medic who performs first aid. Each chassis is available with four different drive trains and with three different payloads.

A weapons kit out is a common payload for an ASV.  These most commonly mount either a plasma gun, a multiple tube guided FAF missile launcher, or a rapid-fire heavy pulse gun that fulfills a role identical to a heavy machine gun.  These bots often are attached to a human infantry battalion for fire support or to conduct especially hazardous missions.  Federal robot battalions are made up almost entirely of ASVs with only a few human tech and command elements, and these units pack a lot of firepower!

Utility and hauling duties are also common missions for ASVs, either carrying soldier's packs, ammo, or in a pinch, even wounded soldiers (that is, when the Medibot ASVs, see below, are not available).  These utility ASVs also carry the Federal Large Recon Grav drone, the FLRG or "Flying Eyeball," into action, usually mounting a trio of such drones.  (The Flying Eyeball will be released in a few days.)  The flatbed bot has a mild pro-grav drive which locks the cargo on for secure transport, the bot deciding how much additional gravity to exert based on the cargo and transport conditions.

The Medevac ASV is a complex system with three different robots -- the basic propulsion bot, a stasis chamber bot which can "freeze" the casualty until a field hospital can be reached, and a medibot which can perform acute medical care on the spot, and can lift a casualty for insertion into the stasis chamber using extendible arms.  If one is available and the battlefield environment allows, a medic at the field hospital can interact with the casualty through the medibot, the medic's face appearing on the monitor on top of the bot.  This has often proven to be very reassuring to the casualty.  The Medevac ASV is shown below on the anti-grav Medevac ASV but is available in all four drive train options.

The ASVs shown here were painted by dwartist and are available now.  Each Armed ASV comes with all three weapons options, any one of which you can choose to mount on the ASV.  This is why three are shown in the images, but please note that, like the other ASVs there is only one ASV in the pack.

Available here:
http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/15mmscifi.html
Khurasan Miniatures

Like us on Facebook for updates:
http://www.facebook.com/khurasanminiatures

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
Re: Khurasan releases 15mm Autonomous Small Vehicles (ASVs)
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 01:10:02 AM »
<insert fingers in ears> "La-la-la-la-la, I can't hear you!"

"I do not need a new scale, I do nor need a new scale, I do not need a new scale...."

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Cultist #3

• Scientist
  • Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 01:48:36 AM »
Good looking stuff as always, any chance of some manipulation arms?
Zombies you can outrun - the mistakes of your fellow Heroes you cannot.

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 10:56:22 AM »
They looks superb really like the medivac ones

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 11:43:06 AM »
Good looking stuff as always, any chance of some manipulation arms?
I was actually thinking how I could scratch up some myself. I have a drone heavy gruntz army and I could really use one or two of these with robotic arms to ad to the bases of my engineers.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Bergil

• Mad Scientist
  • Toy maker
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 11:52:19 AM »
I still don't have enough cash to buy previous things I want from yourself   :(