Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:34:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690647
  • Total Topics: 118342
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Conquest Games new Robin Hood miniatures  (Read 15622 times)

Offline Eric the Shed

• Galactic Brain
    • The Shed Wars Experience
Re: Conquest Games new Robin Hood miniatures
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 08:41:00 AM »
this is not good for Conquest - not good for the hobby...surprised they never tested the water before settling on the molds...

Eric

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 08:54:35 AM »
That is a shame. They look like 20mm scale!
Theres more 28mm Superhero Madness at my blog, http://fourcoloursupers.blogspot.com/
And for Ultra-modern Wargaming check out Hotel Zugando at http://ultramoderngaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 08:57:20 AM »
I like the kid idea though.

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Tellus

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2013, 10:05:12 AM »
Yep, Conquest and Conquest, Brigade and Brigade...  ::)
I'm sure there are reasons behind it, but it is all a bit confusing  o_o

Mind you, my own wargames figure venture is going to be called 'Warlord Foundry', so I shouldn't complain ;)

And I'm still mixing Warlord Games and Wargames Factory up.
Seeing the pics Tiny Conquest Games could solve the problem, sorry for beeing not polite.

Online inkydave

• Mad Scientist
  • Usuthu
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2013, 11:30:21 AM »
I genuinely think they could be used as children or dwarves. Did apprentice or novice monks have a tonsure?
The scaling is odd to say the least. They dont even seem to match old fashioned 'true' 25mms.
Minima maxima sunt

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2013, 11:53:07 AM »
Wow. Tiny and so incompatible. Shame. I like the Michael Praed figure. Or is it Jason Connery?  ;)

Offline Ensign Madcap

• Librarian
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2013, 02:25:04 PM »
Wow. Tiny and so incompatible. Shame. I like the Michael Praed figure. Or is it Jason Connery?  ;)

Could be either  with that mullet, but I think it is based on a picture of Michael Praed .

Offline DoctorPete

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2013, 03:47:00 PM »
Looks like they will only be compatable with each other.  Conquest will need to release a very comprehensive line to make any sales of these.  Too bad, as they are quite nice in a slightly cartoonish way and I still like 'em.
I am not a quack!  I'm a mad scientist.  There IS a difference!

Offline Conquest Games

• Student
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2013, 04:05:53 PM »
Seems like things have gone slightly awry here.  :(  :o

The Robin figure stands at 28mm tall (25.5 to the eyes), so not sure why they appear to be so far out when compared to other figures of the same 'person' by other manufacturers. I asked the sculptor to make them slimmer (i.e. not Heroic scale) to make for more realistic proportions (except for Tuck who I wanted really large), so that probably accounts for the difference in build, but height wise they should be 28mm scale (OK, maybe John could have been exaggerated a bit more, but at this scale he works out around 4-5" taller than the rest)...

Robin = 28mm
Will = 28mm
Tuck = 27mm
John = 29.5mm

Check them out against some of the 'slimmer' ranges of true 28mm Normans out there and see how they turn out.

Best regards,
Mike

Offline Ensign Madcap

• Librarian
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2013, 05:27:43 PM »
Fair enough that these heights are true 28mm, only most other manufacturers seem to be more like 32mm. Not sure what others would fit in...Perhaps Perry Miniatures?

As for little John, I still reckon he could be bigger. These chaps are clearly based on Robin of Sherwood, and Clive Mantle is a big bloke

I love the idea of these figures, but the rest of the range will sell better if graded in with larger figures. :)

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2013, 06:02:36 PM »
the thing is that I am not even sure these figures are compatible with conquest miniatures own figures. I have some of their plastic Normans, and they look like they would scale well with the Gripping Beasts range- ie 28mm to the eyes

Offline charla51

• Librarian
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2013, 10:40:23 AM »
...shades of the hobbit?

Offline Rob_bresnen

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2013, 02:31:21 PM »
actually they may well scale better with the Games workshop Lord of the Rings range, as they tend to be a bit on the weeny side.

Offline Conquest Games

• Student
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2013, 04:51:07 PM »
Thanks for all the constructive comments everyone.

We have a long hard think on these figures overnight and will try to make them more in line with the scales you are used to. We wanted to produce a range that was unique, but it seems we gamers are averse to change  ;)  lol  Unless of course you are willing to stick with us whilst we produce the entire range at the smaller scale? Your call everyone.

We can repurpose the figures (except Tuck, who will remain the same) as un-named Merrie Men (of which we were going to produce a goodly few anyway), and create some brand new poses for John, Robin and Scarlett, but at 28mm to the eyes (30-32mm overall)! We will exaggerate John's height a bit more, so he is about a head taller than everyone else. Would this work for you all? That way, any who have bought these already will still have a use for them when we produce the next few batches.

Please, continue pulling them apart (but constructively please) and we will act upon what you want to see. This is to be an extensive range to include the whole of the Robin Hood legend as well as historical characters from the time period of around 1190-1230 ish.

Rob Bresnen, in his latest post, has actually hit the nail on the head with the scaling size we were aiming for.

As an aside, although Clive Mantle is 6'5.5", Michael Praed is actually 6'1", so in actuality there is not that much of a difference in their heights when scaled down - the maths fit in with our scales. But obviously these minis are not meant to represent them in any way shape or form - no way  ;)

Regards,

Mike
Conquest Games

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2013, 05:07:07 PM »
Kudos to you Mike  8)

I reckon a re-sculpt would benefit yourselves as well as the madding hoards as some people might only be looking for small purchases and not a whole range.

(I've got some of your plastic Normans and I really like them  :) ).

cheers

James