Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:27:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Jovian Chronicles Miniatures Being Retired  (Read 1533 times)

Offline Love_the_Lash

• Librarian
Jovian Chronicles Miniatures Being Retired
« on: January 20, 2013, 11:46:40 AM »
I know I'm not the only fan of the Jovian Chronicles range of miniatures so I'm sure I won't be the only person to read this news: http://www.dp9.com/content/retiring-jovian-chronicles-miniatures

On one hand I could have done without spending £150 filling he gaps in my collection, on the other once they're gone there's only eBay!

Offline kalamadea

• Librarian
    • Image Gallery
Re: Jovian Chronicles Miniatures Being Retired
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 03:30:20 AM »
I shouldn't start ranting because I won't stop until I've written a novella (too late!), but the short version is F*@# Dream Pod 9!

They've been stringing along the JC players for well over a decade now with promises of updates and (more importantly) miniature support that has never come, all under the pretense of waiting for Heavy Gear to "stabalize" even though they've done at least 3 new versions of that and half a dozen new or redone factions.

The last expansion for JC Lightning Strike came out in 2000 and aside from a REALLY expensive limited edition resin model (made by another company, not even by DP9) the last miniature release was from about that time too. There's entire factions that never recieved more than a single model. All the while DP9 has been saying they want to do a JC Blitz! game and for a while they were even planning a fleet action scale, but nothing came out. No new minis, just promises that the setting "wasn't dead". A company that will do 4 seperate versions of a single game (HG, HG:Blitz!, HG Arena, HG Fleet Scale) but not release ANYTHING for another core game? Go to hell, DP9, I don't care how much I ike your games, you aren't getting another thin dime from my pocketbook!

I've got a few dozen JC mechs and as many fighters and ships as well as most of the RPG books, but getting friends to play a system with no support is worse than pulling teeth. They sometimes see use in other games because they're awesome, but only rarely. They look SO much better than the HG mechs and the setting is far more interesting as well, but DP9 have never supported it as well since HG or tried to market it as anything beyond a Gundam clone.
~Kalamadea
(aka Ember)
My Image Gallery