Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:36:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691079
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: One dark night, business is as usual in The Limpin' Bonefish.  (Read 1989 times)

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
One dark night, business is as usual in The Limpin' Bonefish.
« on: January 20, 2013, 09:16:39 PM »
Picture 1. A weary and over burdened traveller arrives at The Limpin'Bonefish.
Picture 2. An ill favoured looking creature is doing some dark deeds.
Picture 3. After a good meal and much alcohol among 'friends' discusion gets a little heated.
Picture 4. Getting some distance between yourself and 'a friend' is a good idea, being in the corner is not.
Picture 5. But things are about to get very interesting as an particular party is seeking lodgings in said establishment.

All the miniatures, including the furniture were painted by me. The scenery/building is kindly provided by tabletop-building.com
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 09:18:12 PM by Legion1963 »

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
Re: One dark night, business is as usual in The Limpin' Bonefish.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 08:40:23 AM »
I can understand that being the decent people you are here on LAF, you shy away from such an establishment as this. But looking at the pictures can do you no harm. While me, as a photographer, i go out night after night in foul weather and rub sholders with these dark and dismal personalities. I think i am eligiable for the PPFP or as it is known in better informed circles, The R.U. Pickman prize of Fantasy Photography  8)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 03:02:42 PM »
LOVE IT...there is no locale quite as universally popular in Fantasy as The Drinking Establishment. You did an EXCELLENT job on the painting (love the Old Wizard), setting, & photography. VERY WELL DONE!

Sorry it took moi so long to respond, There are times I just can't think of anything to say...yet another sign of imminent senility.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 03:12:08 PM »
LOVE IT...there is no locale quite as universally popular in Fantasy as The Drinking Establishment. You did an EXCELLENT job on the painting (love the Old Wizard), setting, & photography. VERY WELL DONE!

Mind you that the actual building was not by me. It is from tabletop-buildings.com.

Sorry it took moi so long to respond, There are times I just can't think of anything to say...yet another sign of imminent senility.
[/quote]
Oh, but then you have to stop by at The Limpin Bonefish. There's an old lady that sells potions for every ailment a man (or beast for that matter) can think of. You are cordially invited.

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 03:49:21 PM »
That really is some quite beautiful painting there Legion... the figures and the furniture all look excellent.

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 07:44:27 PM »
The Beer Imp is fun - nice work!

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 08:54:39 PM »
That really is some quite beautiful painting there Legion... the figures and the furniture all look excellent.
Thank you.

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 08:56:21 PM »
The Beer Imp is fun - nice work!
Well, he is actually a very versatile sort of person. And ambitious to say the least. He started his career with me as minor kichenhand turning the roastpig. I'll make some picture of him doing that next.

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 10:24:12 PM »
You have a nice little setup there, looks like teh Mos Eisley Cantina with all those weird creatures that are just there for a drink or two :)

Though I gotta admit, I'd probably leave the premise if I see some kind of Undertaker with his Ghoul servant come in...  :o Or maybe it's just a twisted version of Dr. Frankenstein & Igor?

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 10:33:02 PM »
You have a nice little setup there, looks like teh Mos Eisley Cantina with all those weird creatures that are just there for a drink or two :)

Though I gotta admit, I'd probably leave the premise if I see some kind of Undertaker with his Ghoul servant come in...  :o Or maybe it's just a twisted version of Dr. Frankenstein & Igor?
Usually this establishment i quite friendly and customer oriented depending on the clientele The beer and wine are excellent. However, you have keep a lookout for anything 'strange'. Things are pretty laidback until 'Igor'takes a bite out of a hapless customer.

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 10:37:51 PM »
Now that you mention it, the wine was excellent. A pale gentlemen in a black old-fashioned suit with cape invited me to one glass, he smiled at me from across the table showing two pointy teeth.... Must have been some new fashion I guess. Anywho, the wine was great although it had a strange metallic aftertaste to it... weird.

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 10:48:24 PM »
Now that you mention it, the wine was excellent. A pale gentlemen in a black old-fashioned suit with cape invited me to one glass, he smiled at me from across the table showing two pointy teeth.... Must have been some new fashion I guess. Anywho, the wine was great although it had a strange metallic aftertaste to it... weird.
Ah well, that gentleman. He's one of the customers that comes and goes very silently. And that wine....well yes...that's an acquiered taste, something for the connaisseurs. Like yourself i guess.