Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:40:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689635
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Zoat Wizard  (Read 1831 times)

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
Zoat Wizard
« on: February 04, 2013, 04:51:01 PM »
Howdy all,

I just wanted to share a model I finished recently for the second Golden Gobo painting contest.  I chose to paint a Zoat wizard that I was lucky enough to snag in a sale recently.  It was a first for me but I'm pretty happy with how he came out.  Here are the pictures...below them are a small piece of fluff I wrote based on this figure and a 3edition stat line for the figure.

Loorassh  20th Level Zoat Wizard

Spikk cowered under the over turned wagon.  Around him was a scene from a nightmare.  The rest of the orc wood cutting team lay in tatters around their work site, pieces of equipment and bodies were scattered about.  From behind him he heard the sharp sound of another blue bolt of electricity tearing one of the ladz apart.  He scuttled a little further back under the wagon.

Spikk whimpered uncontrollably, terror stealing what was left of his wits.  They were only cutting firewood for the armies’ camp over the hill!  They hadn’t harmed anyone or anything (well, today at least!)  The wood cutters had been hard at work when the creature suddenly emerged from the forest.  With an enormous mace in its right hand the abomination smashed anyone who was within reach; with the lightning from the red orb in its left it smote anyone who attempted to run.  It was a bolt of the lightning that had flipped over the wagon Spikk had been riding.  The wagon that now hid him from the view of the creature.

The tread of the beast was amazingly light considering its enormous size.  As it came around the wagon Spikk was not aware that it was drawing closer until it entered his field of vision.  It had a huge four legged body as large as a bull but with a torso, arms and head like orc attached to the front, but more “reptilian.”  It was mostly covered with thick dull grey scales which Spikk had seen the axes of his mates fail to penetrate.  The torso and head were more greenish in color but were heavily muscled. The monster’s face was surprisingly gentle looking considering the destruction it was currently inflicting on Spikk’s mates.  Perhaps more disturbing than its size or obvious power, was the fact that the creature had made no noise as it went about destroying the woodcutting party.  It had remained completely silent.

Now it was looking for survivors.  Spikk saw it examining each of the bodies to insure it was dead.  It also seemed to sample the air, its head and neck swaying from side to side as it sought its prey.  Perhaps it was his stench that gave Spikk away?  Whatever it was the monster’s head snapped to the right and peered under the toppled wagon looking Spikk directly in the face, its eyes glowed with massive intelligence, and flared with massive fury. 

It turned and approached the wagon.

Spikk wanted to run but his legs wouldn’t respond, though his bladder did.  He was frozen in fear.  With casual ease the beast grabbed the edge of the wagon and flipped it up and off of the cowering orc sending it crashing off behind him and leaving him curled in a ball on the bare ground.  The reptilian centaur gazed at him for a moment, examining him.  Spikk felt as if the monster was looking straight through him at his black shriveled soul. Not knowing what else, but knowing he must break that aweful gaze, the orc gulped some air and managed croak:

“Wwwwot da ‘eeell are you? Wwwwho da ‘eeeell are you?”

The creature was roused from its revelry by the orcs words.  The orb in it left hand glowed and crackled with energy, it raised the mace in its right hand high, and the same time it lifted its right leg off the ground, the enormous “foot” casting a dark shadow over the whimpering orc.  Still it uttered no sound, but as the foot descended on him an enormous rage filled voice exploded inside the orcs head.

“I AM THE LOORASSH!   I SPEAK FOR THE TREES!”

Stat Line:
M: 7
WS: 7
BS: 4
S: 5
T: 6
W: 6
I: 7
A: 2
Ld: 10+2   
Int: 10+3
CL: 10+2
WP: 10+3 
Points Value: 335

Equipment:
Loorassh carries only his large mace as a weapon (treat as a hand weapon) though he can choose to wield it with both hands if he feels he needs the S bonus.  The orb that Loorash carries was a gift from a woodelf mage, and though the item itself does not contain magic, it acts as a focal point for the Zoat’s own massive magical powers.  The Zoat wears no armor.
My Painting/Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

"Jesus weeps when people buy resin." ...Hammers March 2012

Offline powerfrog99

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
Re: Zoat Wizard
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 05:10:22 PM »
Really nice, I still love the old stuff.
I think I have seen a your work on older minis a few more times before. Thanks

Have a look at http://www.dieplatt.de/index.php?id=94 for some old stuff too.

cheers Thomas
These days it's Wargods and Warhammer Armies Project I am working on !

Check out my gallery here on LAF
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=2521

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 11:26:05 PM »
Very nice  :-*

One of my all time favorite figures (in the top five at least)  8)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 03:10:49 PM »
Really nice, I still love the old stuff.
I think I have seen a your work on older minis a few more times before. Thanks

Have a look at http://www.dieplatt.de/index.php?id=94 for some old stuff too.

cheers Thomas

Hey!  thanks for that link...lots of wonderful stuff there to enjoy...the collection of Bretonian and Empire knights is very impressive!  And you have the empire general with two wings on his back!!!  this figure will be mine some day!  I've looked long and hard for him...missed out a couple of time but I must have him!

thanks for sharing that.

and thanks for the kind words lads.

Cheers,

Blue

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 04:16:47 PM »
fantastic! love this figure

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 07:09:02 PM »
Great stuff Blue - trouncing my Evil Giant!  >:( lol

He's definitely on the wants list to keep my other Zoat company.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 07:17:06 PM »
Awesome. I love that crystal ball.

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 07:25:13 PM »
Gorgeous model that has been beatufilly realised with paint. The base is fantastic too.

That crystal ball is awesome, how did you achieve that effect?

Offline Mister Rab

• Mastermind
  • in plumbum veritas
    • Rab's Geekly Digest
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 07:42:19 PM »
The Loorassh?  lol Nice  :)

Lovely paintjob, too!