Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:33:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Polish 7TP dw tank platoon  (Read 2284 times)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
Polish 7TP dw tank platoon
« on: February 15, 2013, 07:00:01 AM »
Painted up a platoon of twin turret version pf the 7TP Polish light tank. The tanks were donated to me by fellow WWPD forum member "Deploymentzone" along with a couple of other Polish units which I happily accepted.

The 7TP dw is limited to just a couple of Flames of War lists both in "Blitzkrieg" and in my "September Campaign v.2".

They can be found as a single platoon supporting an infantry battalion, or two platoons backing up a Warsaw city defense HQ tank company.

Having double MG turrets makes them a great asset against infantry, though as a Polish player you usually yearn for anything with tracks and mobility to flank enemy positions and take objectives. It will be interesting to give them a go next time I get the opportunity. More pictures on my blog:

http://anatolisgameroom.blogspot.se/2013/02/polish-7tp-dw-tank-platoon.html

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
Re: Polish 7TP dw tank platoon
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 08:06:04 AM »
Really really really cool!!!

I love these little tankettes. Could be used for s lot of things.
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 08:15:15 AM »
Tankettes!? They were the main battle tank of the time!
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline Lord of Jerwood

• Scientist
    • Jerwood Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 08:27:00 AM »
Excellent paint work. :).  Who the maker may I ask ?

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 11:38:32 AM »

Almost, the single turret version of the 7TP and in some regard the Vickers E were the main battle tanks. The twin turret versions were just tanks they had not yet had the opportunity to convert to single turret tanks when the war broke out.

The Poles also had the two tankette versions, (MG and 20mm gun), the extremely outdated FT-17 tanks and R-35 and H-35 tanks but none of them with the improved longer gun. Other combat vehicles were the wz.29 and wz.34 armoured cars which too were nothing to brag about, and both horse carriage and jeep mounted HMG technicals "taczanka's". From a modeling and gaming perspective add a lot of flavor and interwar wackiness to the table  :)

One of the reasons I love early war is that you have all this crappy interwar stuff fighting it out. My buddy David is investing in BT-5 tanks with the artillery turret version, T-26 flamethrower tanks and twin turret T26’s while my other buddy Thomas is often deploying a mixed Pz I and Pz II light tank company  ;D

@Lord of Jerwood,
These are by Battlefront, though I must say the twin turrets which are cast in pewter were something of a quality disappointment compared to the much crisper single AT gun turrets which I have worked with previously. They were just badly cast for the most part, luckily I had two sets of MG turrets from my own old tank company box and the stuff I got from the guy sending me these vehicles so I was able to pick the turrets that were salvageable. The hull and other details on the other hand are superior to other manufacturers out there imho. But I'm looking forward to Forged in Battle releasing some Polish early war vehicles as I'm a huge fan of their crisp metal and resin stuff.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 11:43:07 AM by Anatoli »

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 02:11:33 PM »
I hope you wrote to Battlefront to tell them of the quality issues. Other people tell me of problems but I have not had any for ages.

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 08:22:05 PM »

Oh well, they look small to me and i didnt know tankette was a technical term for anything. .

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 08:31:55 PM »
Tanktettes are a tad smaller  :D

From left to right: 7TP jw light tank, wz.34 armoured car, TKS tankette with 20mm gun, FT-17 light tank.

Armoured cars with infantry next to them for scale
[img ]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g183/Anatoli_2006/15mm/SAM_2921.jpg[/img]

wz.34 armoured cars with 7TP jw

7TP jw with armoured train

Train with FT-17, tankettes and infantry

R-35 with FT-17

Painted R-35

« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 08:35:50 PM by Anatoli »