Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:08:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690961
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 705
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: SeditionWars solutions  (Read 5248 times)

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
Re: SeditionWars solutions
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 07:20:34 AM »
Assuming I would've gotten the same amount of minis I wanted from the deal, sure. Prolly wouldn't have gotten just the boxed game at the current retail tho.

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 07:34:13 AM »
Nope. While the game mechanics look good, the figs need too much attention.
Some guys at the club even said they might buy it if gameplay was good, but when they heard me and 2 others members complain about the figs they soon abandonned that idea...
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 05:49:16 PM »
I didn't really spend that much on it. I pledged for the Biohazard level, and added a terrain pack and some of the extra figures. For what I paid, I got more figures than the starter for sixth edition of 40k...at about the same price. In that box, all you get are the figures and the rules, but admittedly, the figures are much better to put together and have more variation.

I'm not disappointed in the product overall. The rules sound playable and actually could be a lot of fun with a willing opponent. The figure sculpts are very good, just lacking in variety. My biggest complaint it the injection points on the troopers. I would much rather have had it on a shoulder pad or the bottom of a foot, rather than inside a shoulder socket. The basic Samaritans will need some putty attention on those joints before I prime them.

As I mentioned, the material makes it easy to repose arms or twist a torso a little, but the trooper poses are all two-hands-on-a-gun, so without some serious chopping up refitting, you'll have a pretty generic looking army of minis.

I think once I get the rest of my figures and terrain, the cost-to-product ratio is actually pretty good. Since it's technically a board game, and McVey's first one at that, I think the lack of pose variety can be forgiven here. Once I play a few games my feelings could change of course...

So long answer short, I guess my answer would be the same as tnjrp's.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline Nightmask

• Scientist
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 06:24:35 PM »
Ordered some stuff and up until payment it was all good.
But after payment no more emails nothing....
Send them an email enquiring after some info four times!.....
Think am gonna use the Paypal complaint service..

Nightmask
Toys, Toys, yes....yes.... they are ALIVE!

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013, 11:02:00 PM »
I would still have got the KS bundle at that price.  The material is a pain to work with (and yeah, those injection points), and a little bit of filling is needed, but I'm happy with what I got.  Sculpt quality is decent, and detail is sharp.

Probably wouldn't have bothered with the extra tiles.  I'll hold judgement on the 2 character sculpts and accessories until I see them - if the doors and terminals are of a similar quality to the minis, they're a bargain.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2013, 11:07:45 PM »
I too am quite looking forward to the extra figures, and especially the environment pack. The doors and other stuff should be usable in other games, and if the sculpt quality is similar they'll probably look very good.

I thought about getting the extra tiles but as it stands am glad I didn't. None of the scenarios I've looked at so far use more than four of the included five. I'd heard there was a map editor available, so that makes it possible to create your own tiles. I'd rather do that.

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2013, 02:51:45 AM »
and a little bit of filling is needed, but I'm happy with what I got.  Sculpt quality is decent, and detail is sharp.

???
I don't get it. I've got a set of industrial diamond files, but when I use them on this bloody material, it transforms into a heap of plastic fibres.
Best method for me is a new X-acto blade, which I have to change after a couple of figs  :-[

Offline Ruther

• Librarian
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2013, 06:52:43 AM »
Yeah the material is quiet annyoing to work with. Only a very sharp blade will do and with that its hard to reach all the mold lines.

Still would get it again, as the minis look very good and you get a lot of not blocky looking troopers to use many different scfi settings.
Just wish they had used a different material  :?.
There stands jackson like a stonewall

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2013, 09:21:22 AM »
Just wish they had used a different material  :?.

If I had known about the plastic, I wouldn't have bothered.

Offline Mike D. Mc Brice

• Mad Scientist
  • Lead Painters League Winner
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2013, 09:29:34 AM »
I've received replacements for my damaged markes yesterday but they they forgot to include the missing figures. >:(

The package was in the post for 7 days so they needed nearly four weeks to get it ready for shipping at the CMON warehouse. They must be pretty busy with all the KS stuff and all the replacements...

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2013, 10:55:31 AM »
???
I don't get it. I've got a set of industrial diamond files, but when I use them on this bloody material, it transforms into a heap of plastic fibres.
Best method for me is a new X-acto blade, which I have to change after a couple of figs  :-[

Which bit were you querying? :D

Yeah, sharp blade is the only way to go.  The mould lines are a pain on some of the troopers, where they cross details, and assembly was a pain, but I still feel overall that the figures are decent.

In comparison, I found some of the Mantic plastic-resin figures I have are quite soft on the detailing.

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2013, 08:24:43 PM »
Yesterday one of our members brought his copy of SW:B4A to the club with several figs already painted (in his words : a rush job...)

So yes, you can get decent results, but, and he agreed with me on this, you have to put a lot of time and effort in it.
to view the enitre album : http://s811.photobucket.com/albums/zz36/khidarym/Sedition%20Wars/

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2013, 08:41:59 PM »
Got my missing bits from the initial set this morning. Just waiting for the extras now.......in answer to the question though......a definite no. I hope the new figs improve my opinion.

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2013, 06:09:37 PM »
I have a pretty simple question for you chaps. If this game was available in its current state before you purchased it would you have dropped the same amount of money on it?

Yes.  I would say however that if I was a less experienced modeler, didn't actively like modeling or had a greater preference for gaming than building, that would turn into a no.  I'm happy with what I got but would not consider myself typical.

I think an equally telling question is:  If CMON and/or Studio McVey put up a kickstarter for the planned expansion, would you pledge in the same amount?

For me that would be tough to say, all of the explanations (or excuses depending on your point of view) as to deficiencies with the components have come down to a varriation of:  We're just a little mom and pop studio, this is too much too handle!

Unless SMV can come up with a response to that (expanding, partnering etc) then I would consider passing on the expansion.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2013, 07:04:55 AM »
As to the second, arguably more pertinent question, it would again depend entirely on what is available in the second expansion. I was very hesistant to pledge for B4A 'cuz I didn't really care for the game and have no interest in zombie figs. If the expansion is heavy on living humans and light on game components and rotting meat in miniature then I see no particular reason to not go another "Biohazard".