Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 04:31:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Resin furniture.  (Read 3188 times)

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
  • So many ideas, so little time for games...
Resin furniture.
« on: March 24, 2013, 09:12:59 PM »
When I re-started my Old West project I came upon this company, based in the UK. The resin is (I think) reasonably prized, maybe not the best there is but it certainly give that rustic, lived in edge to the terrain. There's lots to choose from and I recommend it strongly.

http://www.frontlinewargaming.co.uk/
"Who knows what Evil lurks in the heart of men?"
"The Shadow knows!!! Hahahahaha!"

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Resin furniture.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 10:27:43 PM »
I've struggled through their site several times and I agree they have some great stuff.

However, I feel sorry for companies like this - their website design is so incredibly bad, it no doubt costs them sales.  It's so easy to have an accessible well-designed website nowdays with good quality pictures.  I really wish some companies would take the extra time and effort to sort this stuff out.  This isn't 1998.  lol

Anyone know if they have a US distributor?  I had actually bookmarked this company about a year ago - never went back to look at ordering.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Deedles

• Mastermind
    • One man & his brushes
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 11:01:56 AM »
Looks like some useful items there , but as Elbows say s, come on guys , get photo's on the site - it is not that hard is it!!
Cheers
Deedles

One day the lead mountain will be gone.... one day

http://onemanhisbrushes.blogspot.co.uk/
http://blazingdice.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 03:03:07 PM »
Hm, just visited the site and found lots and lots of photos so not sure what you are failing to see.  Is it more photos you want?  Seemed like quite a few though certainly not everything.  There is an icon next to the price code (left) to click to see photos, sometimes one photos showing many items. 

Offline Deedles

• Mastermind
    • One man & his brushes
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 03:46:34 PM »
 Is it more photos you want?    

yep - found the ones they had ok , and yes very helpful, but would like more. If i can't see it why would i chance buying it

« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 06:01:05 PM by Deedles »

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 05:57:50 PM »
It's not just photos...but good photos, proper placement...ease of use.  Don't tell me it's not a bad website design.  ;)

It's better than some GeoCities sites where people just list item numbers I suppose.  lol

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 06:10:03 PM »
A good company boght quite a bit off them in the past, the french indian fort is lovely too

Offline Heisler

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 07:39:34 PM »
It's not just photos...but good photos, proper placement...ease of use.  Don't tell me it's not a bad website design.  ;)

It's better than some GeoCities sites where people just list item numbers I suppose.  lol

I agree, I have gone through that website before and I have every intention of ordering from them at some point. But when I click on a picture icon I expect to be taken to a picture specific to what I'm looking for, not a large photo with everything on it. Granted everything is arranged neatly and is labeled (by old stock numbers though) but the pictures are to small to see the detail. I know these are pretty good castings but that's because I have seen pictures by other people that have used their product.

Honestly a re-organized website would certainly garner them a lot more sales I think.
It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 03:11:56 AM »
Well, okay, folks, but I'd be in heaven to find what they offer in 15 mm.  That is some cool stuff.  I did see they have some 15 mm items.

Offline Gutbukkit

• Mad Scientist
    • Hrafnslith - Dark Age Reenactment
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 08:26:02 AM »
Some nice bits and pieces there. I agree about the poor website design (I like to see a picture and a price at a glance not have to navigate to a separate screen to see picture or new page for prices) but it's not so bad I can't find what I want, I'll no doubt place an order now cos I like the look (and the price!) of some of those interior furniture sets.

EDIT: Actually, the more I look at the site and stuff on offer the more I'm sure I will put an order in today. Definitely what I needed to kickstart my Old West project.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 08:29:50 AM by Gutbukkit »

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 08:51:35 AM »
I've bought a load of resin pieces off them for my old west town. The furniture is finely detailed, suits 28mm, and has hardly any flaws/ air bubbles - the blacksmith forge and saloon interior set are particularly good. Great quality for the price, and the people are very friendly too - drop them an email if you have questions.

Offline Gutbukkit

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 09:06:53 AM »
I've bought a load of resin pieces off them for my old west town. The furniture is finely detailed, suits 28mm, and has hardly any flaws/ air bubbles - the blacksmith forge and saloon interior set are particularly good. Great quality for the price, and the people are very friendly too - drop them an email if you have questions.

Good to hear, the forge and saloon sets were the ones I had my eye on. Cheers.

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
  • So many ideas, so little time for games...
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 09:21:58 AM »

I second that opinion, great value for the price and the staff has been very helpful. I will definitely buy more from them in the future.

Offline Gutbukkit

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 10:38:06 AM »
Received my order from Frontline Wargaming. I'm very pleased with the pieces and I've had great service from start to finish. I'll definitely be buying more from them.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 11:05:24 AM »
Cool, I'll definitely be placing an order to fill the new 4Ground buildings if they're any good.