Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:03:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Sarissa Hotel  (Read 5848 times)

Offline Za Zjurman

• Mad Scientist
New Sarissa Hotel
« on: March 28, 2013, 07:39:27 PM »

Just went to their website and found this. Very tempting...  ;D Any change anyone seen this in the flesh already.

Regards,
Za

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: New Sarissa Hotel
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 07:52:32 PM »
Looks good to me.  One reason I'm going to slowly replace my entire town is that I built it when Sarissa had...THREE.  Three types of buildings.  lol  So, sadly my entire town looks similar.  This is a nice centrepiece to think about.  I'm patiently waiting to see if the DMH's stuff is 4Ground --- then I'd be torn.

I'm thinking mostly Sarissa, Battleflag, and 4Ground for my rebuild.  Probably one or two Tri-City Laser ones too.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 07:55:37 PM »
Looking good.

Will see the price point and then start comparing to whats out there.
The biggest selling point, to me at least, with these MDF buildings is the ease with which you can assemble a town quickly.
This one is going on the list of possibles.
Not sure if I want to go adobe cantina instead though.....or both!

Offline Heisler

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 08:25:08 PM »
That's pretty much exactly the type of corner hotel/saloon that I have been looking for. To the point that I have been working on a few small blueprints to start scratchbuilding one. And just to prove that's what I have been doing here is the page of floorplans out of my notebook! Granted mine doesn't show the outside stairs but it does show a couple of doors on the second floor that lead out into empty space. Now I'll have to decide what I want to do. I'll head over to the website and see how big it really is.  Oh and as far as what else is out there like this, the answer is not much. Gamecraft Miniataures makes two versions of something like this but you would have to building the interior yourself and I don't like the proportions of the building. The other one is in resin by Arnica Real Estate (owned by Hawgleg Publishing who produce Gutshot). Here is a picture of the resin verions: http://www.arnicarealestate.com/cart_detail.asp?ppID=6

« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 08:29:09 PM by Heisler »
It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 08:36:10 PM »
At last! I've been waiting for this for well over a year  :D

I'm patiently waiting to see if the DMH's stuff is 4Ground --- then I'd be torn.

I was lucky enough to see the test bits (convenient timing). It is 4Ground and very nice it is too. I have the same issue as you with the Sarrissa town. I bought it when there were the three buildings with different frontages :)  Didn't have them with me to check but I think they'll match in okay.
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 08:51:25 PM »
Nice. This sort of thing has a much wider use than the Old West. Re-roof it with corrugated iron (corrugated cardboard or plastic sheets) and this would do service in Africa, the Caribbean, the South Pacific, parts of South America and the Far East. I think this will be a must have for me.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 08:52:07 PM »
That's exactly what I'm after for my town.  :D
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Offline Deedles

• Mastermind
    • One man & his brushes
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 08:54:41 PM »
Well that will be getting added to Serenity - as if i really need another hotel/saloon, but nive to have options
Cheers
Deedles

One day the lead mountain will be gone.... one day

http://onemanhisbrushes.blogspot.co.uk/
http://blazingdice.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 09:02:07 PM »
At last! I've been waiting for this for well over a year  :D

I was lucky enough to see the test bits (convenient timing). It is 4Ground and very nice it is too. I have the same issue as you with the Sarrissa town. I bought it when there were the three buildings with different frontages :)  Didn't have them with me to check but I think they'll match in okay.

Yeah, the only reason I wouldn't buy the 4Ground stuff is if it was too "normal".  There stuff is brilliant, and far and away my favorite.  The beauty of all the companies though is that every building looks a bit different.  It's nice to have options.  I had actually also looked at the awesome Rorkes Drift set for doing a big cattle ranch too...

Offline Heisler

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 09:41:20 PM »
Well that will be getting added to Serenity - as if i really need another hotel/saloon, but nive to have options

In the Old West there is no such thing as to many saloons! The Hotel part just means there are four businesses occupying the same space!  lol

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 12:15:16 AM »
I have  alread started to draw up my purchase list from Sarissa and Knuckleduster (Tri-city laser) and that hotel is on my list.
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Za Zjurman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 09:55:18 AM »
I caved... I bought the hotel and that is just because I needed the train station, so now I have both. I will keep you posted. Two mighty fine additions to Hickory Flat.

Regards,
Za

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013, 12:58:06 PM »
I think I need to put that hotel to my May hobby purchase list!  :-*

Offline Necros

• Scientist
    • Blackwater Gulch
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 01:53:40 PM »
looks great.. will the stairs & balcony be wide enough to comfortably fit a 30mm base?
Blackwater Gulch - Gangfights in the Old West

Offline Heisler

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2013, 02:03:33 PM »
Hard to say. I don't have any Sarissa buildings that have staircases. If it was from Battle Flag I would say yes. The pictures certainly make it look like there is enough room.