Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 06:42:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1697656
  • Total Topics: 118849
  • Online Today: 556
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: By Fire & Sword english version at Salute 2013!  (Read 2324 times)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
By Fire & Sword english version at Salute 2013!
« on: April 04, 2013, 11:09:32 AM »
Wargamer will appear at Salute 2013 in London where we will be presenting our game – By Fire and Sword. You can find us at stand TL08. Of course our stand will be well stocked with figures and accessories for the game. We prepared a number of good offers and some surprises – you will not regret visiting us.

Those of you who would like to make orders before Salute and pick up the goods at our stand we have a presale at 10% off. All you need to do is to place an order at our web store and write “Salute 2013” in the order notes. Our dispatch department will inform you about the order cost and after paying it your order will be ready for pick up at our stand at Salute. Here is link to By Fire and Sword section our shop:

http://sklep.wargamer.pl/category/en/by-fire-and-sword

Salute will also be the place to get a pre-premiere copy of the By Fire and Sword rulebook (English version). The rulebook will be available only at Salute 2013 and later only after the Kickstarter campaign is complete. The rulebook is not included in the pre-sale offer.

We will also be making game presentations and teaching the rules at stand GL07.

More information about the event at http://www.salute.co.uk/

Map of the trade and presentation stands can be found here: http://www.salute.co.uk/salute/salute-2013/

See you at Salute!

Offline TheBlackCrane

• Mad Scientist
    • Tales of the Black Crane
Re: By Fire & Sword english version at Salute 2013!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 12:27:38 PM »
 :D

I can find the Polish version on the webshop, but not the English version - is it up yet? Or is there some particular way of going about it I can't find?

I had thought I might not make it to Salute, now I definitely will be!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 12:29:59 PM by TheBlackCrane »

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 12:43:26 PM »
The book will only be available for purchase directly at Salute for the time being, as a "pre-release" (100 copies IIRC with my talks with Konrad over at Wargamer) there will be some sort of Kickstarter campaign after which the book will be available through mail order as well.

You can still order miniatures and terrain and pick those up at Salute as well.

The price for the book was estimated to be £35, which is a damn good price for a 400 page thick full color, hardback book that includes all the rules, army lists and historical information  :)

Offline TheBlackCrane

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 01:00:41 PM »
Thanks - I was looking for some way of putting in an order for a Salute pre-release copy - do I just need to email the webshop then?

Offline TheBlackCrane

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 01:17:33 PM »
Scratch that, I understand now! Pre-release copies available to buy at Salute, orders of figures can be made beforehand and picked up. Just me being slow!

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 08:33:12 AM »
Are they going to have Holy Roman Empire lists at some point?  That's the only thing keeping me at bay. I didn't see them on there and want to wait until they have them represented.
Author of the Origins Award 2013 Nominated Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages; Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy; and Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames published by Osprey Games

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 10:33:08 AM »
To my knowledge they intend to focus on central/eastern Europe and have said that there will be no Thirty Year War lists for a long time. They will release Brandenburg lists as part of their upcoming expansion "Potop/Deluge" later this year (focusing on the Swedish invasion of Poland). But that publication will be in Polish first and translated into English later.

Offline Sarmor

• Scientist
    • The Node
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 03:28:38 PM »
The Kickstarter campaign has started: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1729776659/by-fire-and-sword-historical-tabletop-wargame

As of now, it doesn't offer anything new (apart from the English rulebook, that is), but I still hope they will add some stretch goals and whatnot.

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 04:03:48 PM »
They were working on stretch goals when I talked to Konrad a week or so before Salute, then the preparations for Salute just got the better of them and I heard about the Kickstarter this Saturday when I talked to them By fire and sword guys in person. There are still some good deals to be done, and I would personally recommend the rulebook+skirmish set for the nation of your choice (or rulebook + 2x skirmish set) for anyone looking to get into the game. The skirmish boxes offer a bit of everything and that is the level of the game on which tournaments have been played in Poland over the last year.

Offline TheBlackCrane

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 10:17:20 PM »
Got my copy of the book, plus enough Muscovites for a decent starting force, one very happy chap  :D

The book is gorgeous, really really fantastic. I've only had a relaxed stroll through it so far, but I'm pleased to say that alongside it being, well just damned great, the rules seem fairly intuitive and easy to pick up, and certainly read like they capture the period.

Need to ask a question on the kickstarter whether they might be able to offer alternate pledge levels for those who have the rulebook.

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 10:55:45 AM »
Got my copy of the book, plus enough Muscovites for a decent starting force, one very happy chap  :D

The book is gorgeous, really really fantastic. I've only had a relaxed stroll through it so far, but I'm pleased to say that alongside it being, well just damned great, the rules seem fairly intuitive and easy to pick up, and certainly read like they capture the period.

Need to ask a question on the kickstarter whether they might be able to offer alternate pledge levels for those who have the rulebook.

Michal "Kadrinazi" has stated on TMP that those that already bought the book and choose to support the KS will get miniature boxes instead of an additional rulebook if they want.  More info will definitely be up on the KS once the BFaS gang arrives back home to Warsaw  :)

Offline TheBlackCrane

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 12:08:29 PM »
Oh great! Thanks for the update!