Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:36:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: What to buy...?  (Read 1515 times)

Online JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
What to buy...?
« on: April 16, 2008, 11:22:33 AM »
I am thinking of doing a conversion/scratchbuild of some Tesla-style paranormal weaponry to go with my planned British Weird War commandoes, but I have no idea what to base it on.

I'd like it to be mobile, possibly on a light tank, or trailer pulled by something similar, and would appreciate suggestions.

The basic idea I had, was a big spinny emiter type thing (possibly converted from one of those kids gyroscope toys) mounted on a carriage to support the commando group. I was looking at BAM's bren carriers, and thought I might be able to mount it on there, or get a suitable trailer from somewhere and have it pulled by a Daimler Dingo, also from BAM, mainly because I love the models. The only problem is, I'm not really familiar with WW2 vehicles, so am not sure if these would reall fit, specifically if I tried to mount the emitter on the back of a bren carrier.  

I want it to look a bit "Heath Robinson", slung together by backroom boffins out of jam tins and string, as befits a British experimental weapon, so any suggestions for a suitable vehicle to press into service or ideas for building the emitter would be great.

Cheers for any help, chaps.  :)

Offline Dan

• Mastermind
    • Wades World of Wargaming
What to buy...?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 11:41:41 AM »
I like the idea , have you looked at the Chieftian site for anything suitable ?

How about a Tetrarch with the tesla mounted where the turret should be.

Online JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
What to buy...?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 12:08:42 PM »
Shame on me, I forgot about Cheiftain.  :oops:

I like the little tank, that opens up some more possibilities.

Thanks Dan!

EDIT: Actually, looking round on their site, I really like the Vickers light tank and the India pattern Carrier too.

The tanks would need a trailer though. Does anyone know where I could get one? I wonder if I could find something in a toyshop that might work...

Offline Poliorketes

• King of the Congo
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Never look back
What to buy...?
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 01:04:40 PM »
Chieftain will release an italian AA-version of the Lancia truck. Maybe the AA-,ount will fit one of their british vans. Just ask them about possible customization.
If you come for the king, you better not miss (Omar)