Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:03:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689708
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 736
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The re-birth of Drake's Branch, NM. (New warehouse complex, page 9!)  (Read 33588 times)

Offline ink the troll

• Scientist
Re: The re-birth of Drake's Branch, NM. (DMH Buildings, page 2)
« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2013, 08:18:14 AM »
If you're still searching for shingles, Fenris Games have these and a couple of others, all laser cut from styrene.
Warbases have some tiling sheets as well, though they're laser cut card.
sanity is for cowards

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2013, 09:23:33 AM »
Yep, definitely still looking.  That Rorkes Drift set is more and more appealing...(I'm just ebaying as much as I can to make as large an order as is possible...)
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #107 on: August 27, 2013, 10:58:36 PM »
Some updates.  Ordered some more DMH/4Ground stuff, and have been feverishly assembling stuff (and a few more minis) for a convention in a couple of weeks.

^Some more tree stands (lichen will be added shortly!) a 4Ground gallows and another small fenced section.

4Ground Sheriff's Office --- this has been modified from the normal kit.  I didn't care for the long awning and the additional signage.  I also inverted signage so I could hand paint (which looks worse, but matches the other buildings).  Will add some wanted posters etc. (they're actually included on the instruction sheet which was a nice touch).  This was a rather lengthy build, and was the most time-consuming one so far.  I almost fear a proper huge Saloon build now :D

^Don't like the sign location on the rear of the building...will fix/fill or change it at some point.

I swapped around the upstairs and inverted the wall, which left some floor gaps.  They were covered with some spare planking I had laying around.  It also puts windows on the completely blank side of the office.

Bottom floor has two cells, each with barred doors...a barred door to the office and a heavy full steel door to the outside.  Should be a tough nut to crack!

The full cast assembled for a dress rehearsal.  They've been hit with a little bit of anti-shine after I used it successfully on some other models.  There are a couple more buildings which'll be done this weekend, and a handful of horses to be finished (for dismounted use).  Maybe another fence section or two.

Offline Heisler

• Scientist
« Reply #108 on: August 27, 2013, 11:39:42 PM »
Sweet! It all looks great, should be a place of prominence on the gaming table.
It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2013, 12:27:49 AM »
Should be interesting...I've done almost the entire "re-birth" since the last convention I attended, so this'll be rolling out all of the new terrain, and some new figures...new cards, etc.  All new.  lol

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2013, 02:19:08 AM »
Blargh...

Well, it had to happen.  I got a bad 4Ground kit.  The yellow two-story building was already not in a colour I liked.  So I double-washed all of the walls and made it filthy.  Then I swapped out the roof from another building.  Unfortunately in the process of assembling it, I realized two of the interior walls were a little misshapen (too thick, and globbed with paint).   A couple of other sprues had heavy paint on them which kept the pieces from coming out cleanly.  This is the first bad kit I've had in about 20 various 4Ground kits...so I'm not too angry.  It was minor stuff, but it caused the walls to break along the seems and really frustrated me.

The end result, I decided to leave shabby looking, threw some more washes on it.  The poorly named "Elegance" Hotel...a brothel.

I took the roof from the two-story yellow building, and decided to try some Army Painter green on the storefront and sign.  It worked out very well (and in retrospect I should have simply repainted the entire yellow building as I hate the colour)

I also finished four sets of hitching posts (not pictured).  Everything is boxed up and ready to go to Southern Front (convention in Raleigh, NC) this next weekend.  Should actually have pictures (also received a set of five boxes of Shoot N' Skedaddle which I'll be taking with the game).

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2013, 06:31:02 AM »
The DB Sheriff has a mighty fine office!  :-* And liking the Elegance "hotel" as well, fine work.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2013, 08:51:12 AM »
Small update.

Added two more plateau hills from Gale Force 9 (sprayed, added some colour and green).  Painted up a bunch of horses (5 for unmounted use, 2 as part of a "wagon stand", and 2 which will receive riders who are currently being painted).  I'm tired of painting horses.  I have no idea how anyone can play games that require cavalry!

Also added a set of five Brigade Games Bushwackers (they're okay, not great) and painted up a plastic Perry officer to portray a Southern officer who's still clinging to his past.  Another load of 4Ground stuff is inbound for next week (and they of course released a bunch of furniture kits I need a day or two after I placed my order!)

This is all just in case I get a slot at a convention here in the middle of November.  No word back from the organisers yet.  It gives me good motivation, and the minis I'm finishing now are likely to be my last for at least a year.  I'm quite tired of horses and cowboys!  Buildings will slowly creep along.  I'll be constructing a type of ferry crossing for the convention if I am allowed to host.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2013, 09:27:06 AM »
It has been a while since I last travelled to these parts and there are some great additions to DB.
Great stuff, Elbows!
 8)

Love that shot of all the 'cast' and the new buildings blend in perfectly to your town.
 :-*

Looking forward to getting my SNS cards and have a feeling that they will make my own OW project start barging its way to the front of the queue for some attention.
 :D

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #114 on: October 04, 2013, 10:35:42 AM »
Your guys box goes out as soon as the post office opens here.  I'd imagine non-fancy international shipping is 7-10 days?  Haven't shipped something to the UK in years!

Once I get the other two figures mounted, I'll increase the "cast" picture to full size.  Funny how a skirmish game ends up with as many painted minis as my old Warhammer armies... :D

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #115 on: October 04, 2013, 10:37:39 AM »
I forgot to post some of the other pics from the last convention...showing the state of the town.

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #116 on: October 04, 2013, 04:05:54 PM »
Great looking town board, even a few miners/settlers in their tents on the outskirts. :)
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #117 on: October 12, 2013, 10:16:18 PM »
More 4Ground whoring here...I placed a large order for fences and random additional buildings, including one I've wanted for a while - one of their American Legends line lofted cabins.  Beautiful piece, a bit finnicky to assemble in certain parts.

It'll serve as an out-building, basically a homestead which has been around for 20-30 years.  Maybe a road station, etc.  Not something I'll be placing in the middle of town.  Other buildings are additional sheds/outhouses.  Fences are being finished and will be posted later.  I also snagged a darker brown piece of material to make a wide 12" river which will be used eventually for a ferry-crossing.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2013, 12:13:50 AM »
Small quick addition before leaving for a convention next weekend.  I whipped up a really quick Ferry crossing...not a great effort, but quick and complete.  I also did up two pack mules I had laying around (also part of the scenario) and some Ainsty mealie bags though I'm not chuffed with the way they turned out.   Oh well, for a quick couple hours they'll serve the scenario well.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2013, 12:33:31 AM »
Small update.

Added two more plateau hills from Gale Force 9 (sprayed, added some colour and green).  Painted up a bunch of horses (5 for unmounted use, 2 as part of a "wagon stand", and 2 which will receive riders who are currently being painted).  I'm tired of painting horses.  I have no idea how anyone can play games that require cavalry!

Also added a set of five Brigade Games Bushwackers (they're okay, not great) and painted up a plastic Perry officer to portray a Southern officer who's still clinging to his past.  Another load of 4Ground stuff is inbound for next week (and they of course released a bunch of furniture kits I need a day or two after I placed my order!)

This is all just in case I get a slot at a convention here in the middle of November.  No word back from the organisers yet.  It gives me good motivation, and the minis I'm finishing now are likely to be my last for at least a year.  I'm quite tired of horses and cowboys!  Buildings will slowly creep along.  I'll be constructing a type of ferry crossing for the convention if I am allowed to host.

Everything looks fantastic mate!  The only thing I noticed was the way the team was attached to your open wagon.  The front bar should go in front of the team and the bar that connects it to the wagon should look horizontal.  Here is a link to a picture to show you what I mean.

http://www.ratestogo.com/blog/covered-wagon-tours/

Cheers!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka