Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:07:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690897
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 17 th Century Miniatures Pictures - become a part of Glendyll  (Read 1273 times)

Offline The Rogue

• Assistant
Hello,

I'm unsure if someone finds this interesting or if this is the right place, but I'm so impressed by the sheer artistic ability which is shown here. So I suppose, I'll have to try.

At the moment I'm working on an roleplaying/tabletop background called Glendyll. It's going to be a Fantasy World with strong influences from 17th century Europe. The center of attention will be an nation called Glendyll, kind of english/scottish/riish mix at its core. The fantasy aspect comes from english myth and folk tales, faeries but arthurian influences, too.
There will be goblins (the faerie-kind and more tolkien-like), orcs (former human celtic-style tribesman going primitive through evil faeriemagic- some with muskets!), giants, ogres, white ladies, hellhounds etc. ...

What I'm searching for are pictures from 17th style adventurers, mercenaries, civilians (more single figures or small groups than military formations). A fine background, buildings, landscapes, etc. would be great.

The plan is to write the background for the savage worlds rules, develop a fine layout and edit it in pdf-format and offer it to the german SW-distributors. I'm from Göttingen, so I'll be writing in german language.

I want to use the pictures as illustrations or images for characters. And I'm absolutely willing to develop some backstory especially for a cool image and integrate it into the background.

At the moment I don't know if there will be any money in it, but as soon as I'm earing something, I'm going to distribute it between any contributors in a reasonable way.

I'm a professional writer with good connections to professional layouters, so I'm optimistic to produce good showable results.

If someone is interested, please contact me here or at ulrich.drees@googlemail.com. I would be glad to answer any questions or describe details.

Ulrich

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
Re: 17 th Century Miniatures Pictures - become a part of Glendyll
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 12:03:52 PM »
Nice idea. Do you need painted miniatures photos or drawings?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 12:06:25 PM by Michi »

Offline The Rogue

• Assistant
Re: 17 th Century Miniatures Pictures - become a part of Glendyll
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 01:16:46 PM »
I would appreciate both. Depends on the quality of the drawings. Visually I want to use a good mix of miniature-pictures, historical motives and illustrations - but it really depends on the details, the whole should not be composed of to many different styles.